It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 people killed every single day

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If everyone had a gun=end of crime, or a HUGE damper on it. Gun control leads to more crime. The law-abiding family are robbed or shot down by the man with the illegal gun.

Crack is illegal, and that gets in. You can never stop guns coming in. Besides, if it wasn't for guns, we would be sword fighting still, which is a LOT more painful than getting shot. If you ban guns, the common man will find something else as we always seem to.

Gun control is a powerful tool of the NWO. Take away the man's right to defend himself, and you can have control over him.

almost every other thing that could possibly kill you, was also made for other reason.. but a gun? no. just to kill

I call massive foul. Every weapon and invention in the world is the outcome of scientific progress. What were nuclear weapons produced to do? Kill....kill.....and kill. There is NO OTHER POSSIBLE REASON TO HAVE NUKES RIGHT?

Actually, nukes is what kept WWIII and IV to break out by now, you'll be surprised, but they're actually used to dissuade violence.

Every weapon in creation is meant to not only harm and kill, but to dissuade violence and to protect one self and family. I wouldn't rob a store if I knew the store keeper has a shotgun.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by August Sonereal

Actually, nukes is what kept WWIII and IV to break out by now, you'll be surprised, but they're actually used to dissuade violence.

the downside is that conflicts aren't solved, just suspended, violence is by no means limited to combat.

for all it is worth, i'd say giving up weapons would have to be reciprocal (read: disarmament), in which case i suspect riot police should get rid of their chemical weapons, like CS gas, first.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here in the US, about 45,000 people are killed each year in motor vehicle accidents.

It seems logical to me from your argument that we should immediately ban automobiles. After all, that's over 120 per day being killed in senseless accidents. That's 4 times the number of people that are killed with guns.

When I last read the statistics on gun deaths the largest category was elderly people either committing suicide or killing an elderly spouse with a terminal condition and then committing suicide. Perhaps that should be addressed first.

well i dont drive, nor do any members of my family, so im already doing my part
we decided to stop after realizing how much people rely on their damn cars. walk. its not that hard. and if you cant walk that far, take a bus.

as far as the gun issue, if we didnt have them we wouldnt have nearly as much crime as we do now. whether the gun is in "good" hands or not. there are people who are "good" and then switch one day and kill a bunch of people.

bottom line there just shouldnt be guns unless used for police officers or hunters.

some U.S. cities lack sufficent bus transportation to make getting around possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Or maybe stopping your country having horrendously lax gun laws that allow any nutter to own one.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

How do you come up with 32 firearm fatalities each day, when in 2005 (the most recent year for which data is available), there were 30,694 gun deaths in the U.S, equal to 85 per day; although 55% (46 per day) were suicides.

See: www.ichv.org/Statistics.htm

The US is a land of smoke & mirrors, so I would hazard a guess that many of the suicides were a direct result of poeple waking up the the realisation that their goverment is constituted by a bunch of sociopathic psychopaths!

But with Zbigniew Brzezinski's hand up Obama's butt, I wouldn't bet on too much changing anytime soon.

Al K Myst

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Its worse than that.....there are 4000 Americans killed every day in America by abortion .....thats over 50,000,000 since 1974 !!!! Wake up !!!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

crime is high here because every little thing is a crime unlike rest of the world

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Originally posted by jam321
calihan123 , I totally disagree with you about the gun issue.

LOL. I really can't help but wonder if you two would be so "supportive" if the OP was male, or didn't post an avatar pic.

But then again maybe the OPs well researched, inciteful opinions, along with the multitude of facts and links to legitimate statistics to back up her statements is what inspires such respect and admiration. Yeah, that must be it. That fact stuff.

hey sonya, be nice! actually i have been VERY consistent here on ATS with comments of this nature to both males and females alike, just check my foe list: i have none. so actually in my case yes it would have been the same. besides, she's in LA, it would never work. i'm a mountain man, and i like mountain girls.
i did think it shows character to hold fast to something you feel very passionate about, but to be fair, i have not checked back on her profile for more threads like i often do with you for example. i do of course tend to comment on people's threads who share similar views as mine. and i should add that the idea of getting rid of guns was a horrible way to start a forum friendship with me...i REALLY like my guns.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i realy hate this ban car argument, it makes no sense at all, the sole purpose of a gun is to kill, it is not made for anything other than death, a car is made for transport, when a person is killed by a car it is a terrible accident, when somebody points a gun at somebody and pulls the trigger it is intended to kill, so give that argument a rest, and i think you'll find that in the usa something like 100,000 people a year are killed through violence, i think that is what the op was refering to

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
fine imagine this then, if you are a robber/criminal and you know that almost every single America owns a gun in their house, would you really want to rob them??? especially when it would be pitch black and they would know their way around the house and not you?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
guns dont kill people. people kill people

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

well i dont drive, nor do any members of my family, so im already doing my part
we decided to stop after realizing how much people rely on their damn cars. walk. its not that hard. and if you cant walk that far, take a bus.

as far as the gun issue, if we didnt have them we wouldnt have nearly as much crime as we do now. whether the gun is in "good" hands or not. there are people who are "good" and then switch one day and kill a bunch of people.

bottom line there just shouldnt be guns unless used for police officers or hunters.

So I guess that when they pass a law criminals will hand in their guns too right? Haha, what a crock. Criminals by definition don't obey the law, it doesn't work. And check your stats on the UK and Australian violent crime. Both sharply rose after they banned private ownership of firearms. Oh, what a shocker, the gun violence rose as well. Unarmed law abiding citizens are easy targets I guess. How didn't I pick that up?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Your not going to like this but America on the whole doesn't have a gun crime problem . On the other hand black America has a major problem. Look up the numbere yourself.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
worthless post, cant reason with the unreasonable.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by ludaChris]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I will follow you. Where is the best Nation.

Peace & Smile because you mean it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

32 people a day is tragic! That is 32*365=11,680 a year!!

Now get this! Over 1,206,000 babies are killed annually in the use. Which also happens to be the global average! 1,206,000/365=~3304 a month! Divide that up by 30=110 a day!!! On average 138 babies a killed every hour. How can we live with that?

Don't get me wrong. Both are horrifying and tragic. Just a reality check!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

i do think this is a great country, but because so many people live here and there are so many different things that go on here, it leaves a lot of doors open for violence. we allow people to have guns pretty freely. In the UK after the killing of 16 children at a kindergarten school, they really cracked down on gun control laws. And the uk has a very low amount of murders per year. Same with canada.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by calihan123]

[edit on 5-11-2008 by calihan123]

I am in the UK and believe me the gun laws here dont mean a thing...ban them and like drugs everyone wants one. There are shootings here every day. Banning guns doesnt work...it just puts them in the hands of criminals who will use them to get what they want and if that happens to be in your house...hard luck if you are law abiding and havent got a gun to protect yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

smelt them ALL into plow-shares!

-

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

its actually pretty amazing how passionate everyone is about having guns in this country.

that scares me.

It's actually pretty amazing how people are dumb enough to give up their constitutional rights to protect themselves in this country.

that scares me.

There fixed that up for you

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So what your saying is we should take peoples guns away just because of the actions of a few. Besides even if they where changed the criminals would still get there guns if they wanted them bad enough and if they where changed it would put them at ease because they wouldn't have to worry about gettin there head blown off when trying to break into your home to pillage and rape.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join