It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 people killed every single day

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Heres what I dont get. Why do people always think about the possibilities of other countries nuking us, or our own government killing us, or some sort of genocide, and not about the fact that on average, every single day in america 32 people are killed in gun violence. 32 people a day. And we are so concerned with everything BUT what is happening in our own cities. Our own neighboorhoods.

Maybe we should worry a little more about cleaning up the crime in our country before we start thinking about some outrageous nuclear war claims.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That is an alarming stat indeed.

Also a great reason why America gets such a bashing! Crime rate is awful, especially compared to other countries.

"The greatest slave is one that believes he is free"

...scary quote if you really think about how convinced we are that we live in a great, wonderful, THE BEST nation eh?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i do think this is a great country, but because so many people live here and there are so many different things that go on here, it leaves a lot of doors open for violence. we allow people to have guns pretty freely. In the UK after the killing of 16 children at a kindergarten school, they really cracked down on gun control laws. And the uk has a very low amount of murders per year. Same with canada.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
that doesn't sound too bad really. i wonder how many of those people were shot by cops. and besides if you don't want to get your head blown off then stay out of the ghetto.

32 every day, with all the guns out there + all the retards you'd think there'd be much more than that. there probably is and it isn't even reported.

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Guns? Worry about guns....?

Roughly 1500 deaths a day from cancer in the united states.....117 persons, on average, die as a result of a vehicle accident. Millions worldwide, every year, most of them children, die as a result of hunger.

In developing countries nearly 16 million children die every year from preventable and treatable causes. Sixty percent of these deaths are from hunger and malnutrition.

In the United States, 11.7 million children live in households where people have to skip meals or eat less to make ends meet. That means one in ten households in the U.S. are living with hunger or are at risk of hunger. Read it here.

And you're worried about guns?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They didn't count the bodies that are found every day or people went missing
Sad

[edit on 5-11-2008 by baburak]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
im talking about a situation we could actually change.

cancer we cant. vehicles we cant. but guns we can.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Actually we could change almost everything.
Cancer - smoking, vehicle, ....(people would hate it)
Vehicle - laws (people would hate it)
Guns - i don't have time to write all the stuff (people would hate it)

And so on ..... That's why it's almost impossible to change stuff like this

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here in the US, about 45,000 people are killed each year in motor vehicle accidents.

It seems logical to me from your argument that we should immediately ban automobiles. After all, that's over 120 per day being killed in senseless accidents. That's 4 times the number of people that are killed with guns.

When I last read the statistics on gun deaths the largest category was elderly people either committing suicide or killing an elderly spouse with a terminal condition and then committing suicide. Perhaps that should be addressed first.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

We don't need to get rid of guns, we just need to get rid of stupid people with guns. Responsible people with guns, use them to protect themselves.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Here is an idea.

Take a good hard look at who is doing the shooting in those 32 murders per day.... and then take a look at who the vast majority of the shooting victims are.

That in itself will answer your question.

And FYI just because you are anti gun or anti fast food or anti automobile does not mean the rest of us should suffer based on your personal opinion. They each kill people in high numbers.

Lucky for us we have something called the second amendment which thankfully overides your say in what stays and what goes.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

besides if you don't want to get your head blown off then stay out of the ghetto.

and the shopping malls, universities, workplaces, etc.
just a thought.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here in the US, about 45,000 people are killed each year in motor vehicle accidents.

It seems logical to me from your argument that we should immediately ban automobiles. After all, that's over 120 per day being killed in senseless accidents. That's 4 times the number of people that are killed with guns.

When I last read the statistics on gun deaths the largest category was elderly people either committing suicide or killing an elderly spouse with a terminal condition and then committing suicide. Perhaps that should be addressed first.

well i dont drive, nor do any members of my family, so im already doing my part
we decided to stop after realizing how much people rely on their damn cars. walk. its not that hard. and if you cant walk that far, take a bus.

as far as the gun issue, if we didnt have them we wouldnt have nearly as much crime as we do now. whether the gun is in "good" hands or not. there are people who are "good" and then switch one day and kill a bunch of people.

bottom line there just shouldnt be guns unless used for police officers or hunters.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
reply to post by Mozzy

besides if you don't want to get your head blown off then stay out of the ghetto.

and the shopping malls, universities, workplaces, etc.
just a thought.

and what about the people who actually live in the ghetto because they cant afford to live elsewhere? what about them? your acting like they dont matter.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of home protection? If someone busts in your house some day with a gun, you will not be singing that same tune.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by schism85]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85
Have you ever heard of home protection? If someone busts in your house some day with a gun, you will not be singing that same tune.

listen to yourself. if someone comes into your house with a gun...

exactly my point. they wouldnt HAVE a gun if they werent allowed.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Look on the bright side.....

Roughly 299,999,968 people, every day in the United States, are not dying of gunshot wounds.

That's a good thing.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

actually i do care, i was responding to the post by mozzy. who, i gathered thought the ghetto is the place to be killed. direct your question to mozzy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In a country of over 300 million people, I am not the least bit concerned over what happens to 30 people per day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join