It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

repelled and disappointed; :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So I can understand the inundation of crazy threads on election day and to try to maintain them is daunting, but I find myself really turned off my the amount of interesting threads that I really wanted to participate in today that have already been closed. They weren't partisan or anything... Argh. Is anyone else a little peeved? I hate having to be directed to some uninteresting generic thread. I feel like I am in grade school.

Sorry for the rant but I felt the same way when the generic 2008 threads were put up on the site. I really was repelled from participating in them.

Anyway...

Happy election day! Go vote.

:shk:
-anyone

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think it is simply so mods dont have to juggle a zillion threads today..

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
Use this thread for commentary on the late-breaking news reports, quotes, and ads that cover the candidates typical rise in focused rhetoric and "mud slinging" typical of the final hours of a campaign.

See this thread for more information on the handful of special threads for the 2008 election results discussions.

Threads that are closed are being directed right here:mud & mayhem

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't know... I guess as the day goes on I am sure the forum will explode with more crap than not, so in many ways I understand. I just don't like being told where to go.

Maybe I am just being a whiner.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Completely opposite feeling at the moment... I am utterly elated!!!!!!!!

Obama is our President! Nothing else matters.

Happy Day everyone!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey there,

It was really a big efort to be able to keep on top of things last night, Mods are from all over the world, Myself in the uk so it was all kicking of real late i was up till 5am! with you lott

So it was to be able to give you the best and latest results, Now its over im sure some good disscussions can happen,

Congrats on your new President,

Asala, x

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hey, I appreciate the reply as well as the time and effort spent moderating.

I understand there has to be some sort of order in place... anyway I'm over it.

-anyone

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just a quick note to ALL the mods....

Well done, you can pat yourselves on the back.

Being a mod can't be all fun and games, and recent events have been testing I'm sure.

top topics

join