It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHy are the gays getting special treatment??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Little One

I protect myself with cynicism and sarcasm. Bless your heart Little One for bringing some human compassion and Love back into my soul.

OK, that's enough; back to being a snotty, acerbic jerk!

WHAAA couldn't have said it better and I agree Little One. Great Post. Also, I think lesbians are cool.

AnxietyDisorder, I'm sorry, but I just can't get over the fact that you are .....Canadian! No disrespect intended sir! I think we just disagree on the word "marriage" and that is it with this thread. My respects.

Back to work for me too!

[edit on 6-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
I think we just disagree on the word "marriage"

Let's define it then. What does marriage mean to you

noun

a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.
b. The state of being married; wedlock.
c. A common-law marriage.
d. A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.

2. A wedding.

3. A close union: "the most successful marriage of beauty and blood in mainstream comics" Lloyd Rose.

4. Games The combination of the king and queen of the same suit, as in pinochle.

www.tfd.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

To me, marriage is a blessed union between a man and a woman.

I'll further explain so we don't get our wires crossed. I used to be an active Christian but no more. I live my life the way I see fit and I don't think it would exactly conform to a "born again" or evangelical. It is the word "marriage" used by the government I object to when applied to gays. To me, as I think it should be, the use of the word "marriage" by any government entity is intended as "respect" to organized religion, whether it be Christianity, Islam, or Hinduism (or any other religious establishment that considers marriage between a man and a woman as sacred). It should be called "Domestic Partnership" as it is currently with the company I work for. I get the same benefits from my company as a "married" couple would. It should be this way too when being recognized by the Government. Same rights, different names. Thats where all these states fighting for gay rights are screwing up. If they would introduce it as "Domestic Partnership" instead of "Gay Marriage" it might get more support. But, evangelicals are not going to bite on the word "Marriage". I ask you this if you think it ought to be called "marriage". Are you after the same rights as all American heterosexual couples, or are you wanting it to be "sacred" with establishment religion?

On a side note, me and my "domestic partner" of 7 years as a heterosexual couple enjoy the same benefits that a "married" couple would. I can also maintain a seperate household for IRS purposes within the same address. We are on a mortgage together, co-owners of our vehicles, all that. I understand I am able to live this way in thanks to achievements made by the "Gay Rights" movement.

I am still Conservative enough to believe that gays or lesbians should not be allowed to adopt a child just because you as a couple do not have the compatible "plumbing" to make one on your own, HOWEVER, if some kind of voluntary "surrogate" program was formed specifically for gays and lesbians to have children, I would not be opposed to it.

I hope I cleared that up. Its the best I can do with putting my beliefs into words on a computer screen. I am not trying to be offensive and I have put a lot of thought into this. I have children and I had a problem with homosexuality long ago, but I also think about the possibility of my children coming to me someday with it and how I would react. I do not want to ostracize them or isolate them and would hope I would be fully accepting.

This is where I am on this issue right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
thats like saying i was born a killer so it should be ok for me to kill!! let me kill.... if you wanna be gay, alcoholic, druggy, murdered, go do it on your own time in your own corner. these are getting such special treatment its not even funny anymore!!

First off, attemping to compare being gay to murdering, alcoholism and addiction to drugs is absolutley ludacris.

Murder, drugs and alcohol cause harm to people. I dont recall my or anyone elses life being threatened or harmed in anyway simply because of another persons sexual orientation.

Simply put if another persons sexual orientation differs from yours, you, your health and life are not in any danger.

as for "special treatment". Really? What is so special about being discriminated against? are you suggesting that being discriminated against is a good thing? A positive experience some how?

I have never once heard or seen a gay person ask for any special treatment or to have more rights than anyone else. Gay people simply want equal rights. Not more rights. Not less rights. EQUAL rights.

Have you ever heard the phrase "All men are created equal"?

Apparently not, You seem to believe more in a particular quote from Animal farm by george orwell. That quote being...

"All men are equal, but some are more equal than others"

This is reality buddy. Gay people want equal rights. Not more rights or special treatment.

last time I checked gay people were just as much of a citizen of the United states as straight people.

Gay people are not half citizens who somehow deserve less rights than the person next to them. They are human beings.

To suggest that gays dont deserve equal rights is unconstitional and unamerican.

Bottom line is " All men are created equal" not some men are created equal or some are more equal than others.

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL

Dust

[edit on 6-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Little One

I protect myself with cynicism and sarcasm. Bless your heart Little One for bringing some human compassion and Love back into my soul.

OK, that's enough; back to being a snotty, acerbic jerk!

I hear ya man! Its how us breeders protect our gentle feelings *lisp*

See! If I can laugh about it - why should it bother ANYONE else? Oh yeah - it shouldnt. So Ill do one better and show you how straights and gays talk and play:

EXAMPLE

"Hell - Im a redneck breeder with a fag kid - and I LOVE his man to pieces! (YES - I would say this right in front of my son. THEY CALL EACH OTHER faggots.)

But you'd better not UNLESS they know you respect their way of life.

Its EXACTLY like the word 'niggah'.

Ok - NEXT! Lets clear up SOME IGNORANCE!? Anyone scared of those daggone Gays can ask me anything and I'll - much like a bad infection - clear you right up!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I can't believe people actually responded to this. He's comparing unconventional sexual preference to murder?

Really?

This thread has 2 pages of responses and the few threads that I tried to start over the last year or so that were actually worth something (IMO) got nothing. There is nothing thought-provoking or discussion worthy here. Let's all move along. If you want to have a sane conversation then try making a new topic where you don't sound like an idiot.

Yeah. OP, I called you an idiot. I don't feel bad about it. I only regret making this thread even larger by posting in it.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
I can't believe people actually responded to this. He's comparing unconventional sexual preference to murder?

Really?

This thread has 2 pages of responses and the few threads that I tried to start over the last year or so that were actually worth something (IMO) got nothing. There is nothing thought-provoking or discussion worthy here. Let's all move along. If you want to have a sane conversation then try making a new topic where you don't sound like an idiot.

Yeah. OP, I called you an idiot. I don't feel bad about it. I only regret making this thread even larger by posting in it.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by an0maly33]

Yeah I can see where you are coming from. I guess though that gay rights is such a hot button issue now.

I too disagree with the OP, but with all do respect I dont think we should ignore this thread simply because our views differ from the OP.

If we just ignore the issue and never attempt to work it out, I suspect that biggotry hatred prejudice etc will be around that much longer. (Im not trying to call the OP a biggot, hater or prejudiced by the way, I just meant that in general.)

Gay rights is a topic that should be paid attention to as I see things(hatred,fear,biggotry, misconceptions) only getting worse if we choose to ignore it.

There is a big pink elephant in the room and if we ignore it, before you know it the whole room will be filled with elephant poo.

Now to continue this discussion. As I said before, a very important phrase is "All men are created equal".

If they didnt want to include gay people when it came to having equal rights they would have said "All men, except gays, are created equal"

That is not what has been said though. All people regardless of race, religion, gender, handicap or sexual orientation are born with the same unalienable rights.

For anyone to suggest that gays are some how not allowed certain rights that others are allowed is unconstitutional and is discrimination if you do not allow these people to practice these same rights.

From the Declaration Of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Dust

[edit on 7-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm not saying we should ignore his perspective. I'm saying the way he presents the topic is completely inappropriate.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
I'm not saying we should ignore his perspective. I'm saying the way he presents the topic is completely inappropriate.

Oh ok, my mistake. I agree with that. Comparing being gay to murder alcohlosim and addiction to drugs is ludacris

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
just so the straight people out there know, not all gay people have sex, there are some gay couples out there that have NEVER had anal intercourse, and don't intend to, I think people are upset at the idea of homosexuality because of the idea of guy on guy, or girl on girl sex, I'm just pointing out that not all of us have gay sex, as people put it bluntly.

Hopefully this will eradicate some of the homophobia in the world, i doubt it, but it might happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So the OP thinks people should be able to murder as long as it is in the privacy of their own homes.

Clearly you are well-equipped for discussion on morality.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

thats like saying i was born a killer so it should be ok for me to kill!! let me kill.... if you wanna be gay, alcoholic, druggy, murdered, go do it on your own time in your own corner. these are getting such special treatment its not even funny anymore!!

That's right. No reason heterosexuals should receive special treatment either, like being legally recognized in a court as being a husband and wife. Heterosexuals should have this special consideration taken away, as its not fair to give them something that the courts will not give homosexuals.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

That's right. No reason heterosexuals should receive special treatment either, like being legally recognized in a court as being a husband and wife. Heterosexuals should have this special consideration taken away, as its not fair to give them something that the courts will not give homosexuals.

Right on my friend. I cant believe any one has the nerve to argue that gay people want and demand 'special treatment' when it is straight people who are recieving special privelages.

Well said my firend.

Equal rights for all!!! No special treatment for straight people!

Gay people are supposed to be allowed every single right that everyone else is. The open discrimination against gays is disgusting.

All men are created equal.

Dust

[edit on 8-11-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

thats like saying i was born a killer so it should be ok for me to kill!! let me kill....

No. It's like saying "I was born a woman and I want equal rights with men. I want to vote just like men do." It used to be against the law for women to vote.

THAT'S equal rights. Not a "special right" that allows women to vote.

People who were born homosexual (not against the law like murder, drugs, etc) want EQUAL rights. They want the same rights that people who were born straight have.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

when i lose my job to a gay woman because she is dateing the bosses daughter

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Frankidealist35

when i lose my job to a gay woman because she is dateing the bosses daughter

are you serious? Do you know how many straight people sleep around and steal jobs too?

-Kyo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join