It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHy are the gays getting special treatment??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
thats like saying i was born a killer so it should be ok for me to kill!! let me kill.... if you wanna be gay, alcoholic, druggy, murdered, go do it on your own time in your own corner. these are getting such special treatment its not even funny anymore!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Because originally they were NOT (and in many cases still are not) treated equally. So special "rules" had to be put in place to ensure they were treated the same as straights.

If people would just accept them as they are - like straights are accepted - then no "special" rules would need to be put into place.

Blame the ignorants, not the law makers

*edited for clarification: I really dont know what "special" treatment the OP is talking about. My point is, they have forever been treated unfairly and any rules/laws made are to ensure that they are treated like everyone else.

[edit on 11/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think gay men get preferential treatment much as anyone with any other handicap would get preferential treatment.

It's the lisp!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Gay people still don't get preferential treatment.

Where did you ever think they did?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
To what special treatment are you referring? Being able to get married doesn't qualify as special treatment to me? I'm not sure what else you could be getting at, but please enlighten us.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
thats like saying i was born a killer so it should be ok for me to kill!! let me kill.... if you wanna be gay, alcoholic, druggy, murdered, go do it on your own time in your own corner. these are getting such special treatment its not even funny anymore!!

OK, It's hard to argue with that kind of logic!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm straight, but I do believe that gays, bisexuals, lesbians, and transgender people should have the same rights as the rest of us. Afterall, isn't that what America was founded on back in 1776 when we declared our independence, the right to be yourself? If they don't have the same rights as us, then we will most certainly lose our rights later on. This is just plain old reason. We all have rights, or none of us do. Afterall, Abe Lincoln said that this nation couldn't exist half free and half slave. Isn't that what we make gay, bisexual, lesbian, and transgender people by not treating them with the same courtesy that we demand for ourselves?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

I agree. To say giving gays the same rights as us is giving them special treatment is absurd.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
you, are a homophobe, blunt answer, what special treatment have we received, oh i forgot, being persecuted for being ourselves counts as "special treatment."

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

I really don't understand the OP's opening post either.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Excelllent point. Your post is as well taken as mine is, if not more so!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Kindest OP: I believe I have seen the problem in your exsquisite use of human logic!

if you wanna be gay, alcoholic, druggy, murdered

There it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

I don't see any special treatment and I'm gay.
My husband and I are treated the same as any other members of our community, and within our families and social circles we are just as equal as everyone else.

If there is some bonus to be gay please let me in on it, I'll collect.

reply to post by dooper

And to you dooper.
Congratulations, you've made the most ignorant and ill informed comment in the thread so far. Very few gay men have a lisp or any speech impediment.

You and I could meet and become friends, but If I didn't tell you I was gay you would never know.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I like you you immediately equate being gay to killing, abusing drugs and abusing alcohol.

Stay classy, OP!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Becu'th tha gays are thoo fabulous, tha's why!

Actually, I don't think gays should be treated any different than anyone else. Except for that "marriage" thing. BUT, if they want all the rights when it comes to being treated as a "married" heterosexual couple, they should have them. But, the right to call it a "marriage" is bull, because that is a Christian thing (or an Islamic thing, take your pick). Reference to gay "marriage" is nothing but an assault on the few Christian foundations this country has been allowed to keep. The Ten Commandments inscribed in granite in our oldest buildings are being sanitized for your protection! (Remember the time when A.D. in history books was "After Death" and B.C. was "Before Christ"?)

Yeah, just like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

I hope no one is asking the Catholic Church or a Mosque to perform a ceremony against their doctrine. That would be insane......

I think the only thing being asked for is "Civil Marriage" recognized and registered with the government.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Special Treatment? LOL

Hun - Lets talk...

My son, 18, manly man, graduated high school, right into college, makes good grades- 3.2 GPA. Admittedly - likes to 'smoke' AND terrible driving record but otherwise - Aces. Only one run-in with the law and he learned. He is literally TOO GOOD to be true. Totally independent, his own apt, his own car. I borrow from him!

His sexual orientation would NEVER be obvious - as most people cant even believe it when he or I tell them my son is gay. Convincing anyone of this is extremely hard. So the good grades and scholarships didnt come from him flaming around or liking boys. Nor was he locked up the one time he was because he is gay. NO ONE CAN TELL. So no - being gay has Zero bearing on my child's successes or failures. Too - if there were advantages he and I both would be very aware of them. He would certainly take advantage of them - I assure you.

My kid is awesome. My kid is gay. And let me assure you of something, although I am a huge redneck from NC, Im not ignorant. And I thank God for that.

As I am grown and I have done my job raising him, I may now sleep with whomever I chose. I happen to be married but if not.. hehe. Another topic... anyway.

Just as I am grown and whom I sleep with is none of his business, he too is grown and whom he sleeps with is none of my business.

Do I wish he wasnt gay? No. Do I cry sometimes when I accept I will never hold a grandchild... of course. THIS is the only thing that hurts about it. And to a mama, it cuts deep when you have an only child.

But let me assure all of you of one thing (especially any gay kids out there that might wonder how their mama's feel now that 'they know'.

We, as Mama's, always knew. You are our babies. It isnt a choice. Its DNA'ed. NOONE would 'chose' to be gay... thats obsurd. My son would lie on a table and give blood to any of you to save your life. (Clean blood, very ontop on dr visits and maintains a steady relationship). In Florida, gays are all about safety. Us hetros are the tainted ones. He would feed you before himself and go hungry.

He will be teaching your children in school in less than a year. Yes, my gay son will be responsible for educating your child. If that scares you... please seek a higher awareness to your surroundings. Or home-school, gays are taking over the educational system! Bout damn time someone did.

And lastly... be assured that if my God lined up 1 million babies on a set of steps and I could have chosen any one of those million, I would have walked up to my Matthew and taken him into my arms. With this knowledge. And never regret it.

Safety is my only concern - not advantages or disadvantage - as there are NONE. He has been gay for 20 yrs - out for 4 and to this very day - either of us fail to see any advantages to being gay. First hand experience.

Thank you for reading. I dont post often but when I do - I have a lot to say. Apologies for being so verbose.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

You're wonderful.
My mother knew before I "came out", and it was her love and support that got me through some rough times.

That is your child no matter what, and the love you have for him is unconditional, you've proven that.
You increase my pride in our species that people like you are part of it, because lately I've been a little disappointed in most humans.

A star for you fair lady.......

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

You're wonderful.
My mother knew before I "came out", and it was her love and support that got me through some rough times.

That is your child no matter what, and the love you have for him is unconditional, you've proven that.
You increase my pride in our species that people like you are part of it, because lately I've been a little disappointed in most humans.

A star for you fair lady.......

Well thank you! Cool Moms ROCK! But cool sons make the world go around!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I protect myself with cynicism and sarcasm. Bless your heart Little One for bringing some human compassion and Love back into my soul.

OK, that's enough; back to being a snotty, acerbic jerk!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join