It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think that an Obama victory would be good for the country?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freakyty

HAHAHA ya that is so awesome. Don't fear the white man - tell that to Iraq, bro!

You "whites" sure are funny! Man, I about gagged on chewing gum there.

-----

Obama victory would be good on the face of things because a "colored" person would get a shot, like we were told in school any one can be President.

Obama winning would show the world that we, as a people, don't care so much about being discrimanatory any more as a nation. Well, maybe not..but his victory would be a good start, I think.

Obama winning would cause an irrefutable psychological change, too. Good, bad, whatever. It would be good for that to happen for some people!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
An Obama presidency will be marked by:

1) A willingness to listen to opposing viewpoints and take them into account in the decision process.

2) Less bluster on the foreign policy front and a more reasoned approach to the various issues confronting the US.

3) Cabinet and other high-level gov't appointments based on competence more than cronyism and party loyalty.

4) More effective general communication. This means a higher degree of truth than we've become accustomed to. We his employers may disagree with what he does from time to time, but at least we will have a clearer picture of what that is.

5) The ability to admit mistakes when wrong.

These five general attributes will have impact on many detailed areas of governance during an Obama administration.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well good for the country I guess ending the two middle east wars and stopping the leaching of tax payer would be a good thing.

But in the other hand that will cut the defense budget spending and that is not a good thing for those that make a living from that budget.

You know regular Americans like my husband and I.

Then again it doesn't matter who makes it to the presidential seat, this nation is in a big mess and not matter what a candidate is promising everything is beyond their control.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Guys.

SO's rules as laid out here A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

Are still very much in effect.

If you can't discuss this stuff without bickering and rhetoric, action will be taken and the thread will be closed. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

His Senatorial seat represents the south side of Chicago. For those that haven't been there, it would be an eye opener... The South side is the proverbial "wrong side of the tracks".

Yeah, hes done such great work there. Oh wait....

reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

1) A willingness to listen to opposing viewpoints and take them into account in the decision process.

What exactly leads you to beleive that? Its McCain that has tried to cross the isle and deal with people he doesn't agree with. Obama is a pretty run of the mill liberal who doesn't like anything that isn't liberal.

2) Less bluster on the foreign policy front and a more reasoned approach to the various issues confronting the US.

Again, the media gave Obama a pass on foreign policy, so what gives you that idea. How do you know anything about his foreign policy? He has zero experience and has said next to nothing about it, outside the fact he would have unconditional talks with our enemies.

Something tells me you're just "hoping" that will be the case?

3) Cabinet and other high-level gov't appointments based on competence more than cronyism and party loyalty.

Again, what leads you to beleive that? The guy has one of the most left wing voting records in congress.

4) More effective general communication. This means a higher degree of truth than we've become accustomed to. We his employers may disagree with what he does from time to time, but at least we will have a clearer picture of what that is.

So, with all the media in his back pocket, we;re actually going to get MORE truth? Really? How does that work?

The ability to admit mistakes when wrong.

Where are you getting this? Hes yet to admit the surge worked and he was wrong about it.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

The first post following the Mod's request to stop the bickering, is bickering. Can you please leave that for the 1,000,000,000 other anti-Obama threads out there.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I hope the mods let you keep this thread open Karl... it is a real eye opener, and I think it forces people to think of the positive reasons they like their candidate, as opposed to the negative of the other candidate...

However, some people just can't help being pricks I guess... sigh...

Sometimes I wish people on here could be a little more mature about things...

Karlhungis 4 pres 2008

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You mean besides the fact that Obama has more brains in his little finger than bush minor does in his entire head?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
I hear crickets chirping.

The truth is that the people who support Obama have no idea why they support him.

Wow.. if that's not political baiting... I don't know what is.

Thanks for speaking for me... unfortunately you spoke the wrong words.

I support Obama because he has changed the game on how to win an election. He has proven that focusing on policy issues (regardless of your opinion on those) can defeat fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

I've never heard McCain speak about why his policies are good policies in and of themselves. I've only heard spread FUD about Obamas policies.

And that is the biggest difference between the two. Obama can keep a conversation on key elements. As a diplomat, this means that he can keep his cool when dealing with friends and adversaries alike.

I'm not a Democrat, I'm an independent. I voted for Nader in 2000 because I felt that the Dems were not listening to their base, and so a good dose of W was in order. Now they are listening to their base, and it's because of Obamas "Focus on the issues, instead of reaching for tissues" kind of politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How the U.S. would fare better under an Obama presidency:

* Although Wind and solar are largely untested being deployed on such a large scale as to power an entire nation or even an entire state (Pickens is currently trying with Texas, but keep in mind that Texas is the one state in the union that has it's own power grid) I applaud the impact to the environment and believe the environment will definately fare better.

* I am conservative, but one way I differ from other hard core conservatives is I believe it's the woman's right to choose, concerning abortion, which Obama will uphold. Palin tends to be way too extreme on this measure. I don't agree with killing the child, but I believe the decision is between the woman and God. I DO believe however - I will never condone partial birth abortion. If a baby can be delivered early and it can survive on its own at that point, then to kill it would be nothing but outright murder.

* Although I believe that people's trust in Obama is largely misplaced, they do still believe in him and that gives them hope. These are dire economic times, indeed, and hope is what people need right now to weather this situation until it's end.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

SOS, thank you for what I believe was a very sincere post.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Obama Election Results

Please discuss this issue in the following thread:
Obama Election Results

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join