It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think that an Obama victory would be good for the country?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Without saying "McCain" or Republicans or Neocon's....etc, why do you think that an Obama presidency will help make America a better place?

This isn't about why you think he is better than McCain. This is asking why you feel that he would be a good President on his own merit.

I am curious. I will have a similar post asking the same about McCain.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I hear crickets chirping.

The truth is that the people who support Obama have no idea why they support him. When things get bad (due to war, the economy, etc) people will automatically turn to whoever it is that promises they will fix things and improve the situation. Look at Hitler, Lenin, Mao, etc ... they all promised "hope" and "change" too.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We never know if we never try, right? Also as you know I'm on McCain's side. But not because of Obama. Because of Biden. If someone else would be the V.P. presumably my choice would be Obama. But in this case...

Even what I read today, Wall Street is scared from the election. All the investors are favoring Obama. It's clearly presenting to us what is going on here. The election is not about the people. It's about the damned investors, the damned elitist morons.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Let's give it more than 7 minutes at 2:20 in the morning before we stick a fork in this thread. I am hoping that some people will give their reasons for supporting him here.

If you support McCain, go to the McCain thread and tell us why. It's crickets over there as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Obama is about getting the average person represented in politicas once again.

His Senatorial seat represents the south side of Chicago. For those that haven't been there, it would be an eye opener... The South side is the proverbial "wrong side of the tracks".

His views that America needs to correct its position in the eyes of the international community rings true to many American's opinion that we've disgraced ourselves in the last decade. Most Americans I think want our country to be respected internationally and lately we've lost some of that.

He's willing to recognize his shortcomings, and appoint /surround himself with people who will make up for those weaknesses... And he doesn't merely appoint "yes men". His selection of Biden reflects that strongly, as Him and Biden have been known to disagree quite openly in the past.

Obama is latching on to the idea that Government is corrupt, and needs a little shaping up...

Obama is a viewed as a transformative candidate, much like JFK was considered to be in the 60's.

Edited for clarification: Thanks -reason-

[edit on 3-11-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. No slandering the other side, simply the reasons you support your candidate.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I posted in both threads lol

is that cheating?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

No, that's fine. I doubt many people will have good things to say about both candidates though. So, hopefully they will limit their comments to the candidate they support and not go out of their way to slam the one they oppose.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
REASON 1
Once the antichrist is in power, its only a matter of time until Jesus returns.

REASON 2
Brother's got some dance moves!

REASON 3
Brother's got some b-ball moves!

REASON 4
Obama is an excellent orator. He is very charismatic and the US people will follow him like sheep. He is very good at NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) and uses hand-gestures like a true magician.

REASON 5
The Israeli's don't trust him. If and when Israel gets what they deserve (mushroom cloud), Obama may refuse to sacrifice our children to save their Zionist asses. However, his VP is an admitted zionist, so Obama would probably be assassinated in this scenario.

REASON 6
His face won't be falling off anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think its insane to say that one is good and one is bad.... This line of thinking is just the results of divisive political campaigns.

Both candidates will lead the country to a better place IMHO... They both are very patriotic and only want what is best for our country

I wish people could see that

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
FreakyTy: Easy there big boy. Your towel is showing.

NJ2Day: You can't compare Obama to JFK. That is an insult in the highest degree. You can't compare McCain to him either. That is an insult in the highest degree. Politicians these days are not like the politicians of our grandparents. Back then politicians actually stood up for what they believed in and didn't play to the money. As soon as "Politician" became a career choice is when it all went to hell. I think the killing of JFK changed the face of politics. They knew after that that if you want to be president you better toe the line.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I didn't compare the Obama the man to JFK the man...

I simply stated that he is viewed as a transformative candidate, as was JFK...

there's a subtle difference that you missed :p

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying and saw it from your post. I only pointed it out because it may come across as comparing the two. The way you first wrote it doesn't seem like your clarification. To me anyway.

It doesn't matter anyway. Niether one of the canidates is worth either of our time.

I'm voting for Obama though. Because he will bring change alright. It's called Revolution.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by -Reason-]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
good point, I'll make an edit to try and clarify that

Just gotta figure out how to re-word it

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
FreakyTy: Easy there big boy. Your towel is showing.

And your KKK hood is showing. You think because I am against Zionism that I am a towel head?

You have nothing to fear, my friend. I am caucasian.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by freakyty]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
It doesn't matter anyway. Niether one of the canidates is worth either of our time.

You're right. Neither candidate has the american people's interests in mind. There is no real difference because they both ultimately serve the same interests.

I'm voting for Obama though. Because he will bring change alright. It's called Revolution.

There is a revolution in the USA every four years. I would vote the same if I was a US citizen. Obama is simply the lesser of two evils.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Uhhh... How is my hood showing? I don't believe I said anything about the mans color. I didn't even say that he would get shot.

No revolution every four years. Just a passing of one figure head for another.

If you want to talk about white sheets than I hate to say it but it is the white sheet types that rave about zionism and the dirty zionist. And what is a zionist but someone who wants more control and power (at least that is what the white sheet/towel wearers say). Sounds like big government to me and I think we both know which one of the canidates is all about BIG government.

Anyway... sorry OP. I haven't really said anything about why Obama would be a good president. So here is one... he is a good speaker. I have to give him that. He would be able to get his point across.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Obama brings "change" and "hope" and hey, you can't just buy those at walmart you know!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I guess the only things I can think of is that he is kind of smart so he can make decisions better. He is pretty good at speaking so we won't have to sit through horrible speeches and maybe more people will actually listen if they can bear to hear it. And he promises to change things and I would love to see change in this country right now. And I don't know he seems a little bit nice in a rehearsed sort of way.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
An Obama victory would be good for the country, because he posesses an academic mind and that is needed at this time to deal intelligently with the issues at hand, it has been proven that in the past with the likes of a Rhoades scholar and great political mind, as with Bill Clinton, would elevate the thinking beyond our current cretan like foreign policies and actually use reason to deal with the world and regain trust amongst our friends by using diplomacy as the ultimate tool.

It has been proven from the last 8 years that cowboys that have axes to grind are not good leaders, neither are mediocre and non critical thinkers, also as many have forgotten, the biggest injustice for the American people that could have ever happened was to allow 2 corrupt, big oil men become the president and vice president whose main agenda was to line their pockets and secure future interests that were based solely on the profiteering of their war machine, much of their strategies were based soley on their own personal oil interests and business ventures such as Haliburton and the like, however, the purposes were spun into a this is good for America context .

With Obama we will gain a different perspective, a man that came up from meager beginnings and not some rich, elite dynasty, someone that actually knows politics and people from the street and grass roots level, hopefully because of that we can begin to rebuild America internally and deal more seriously with the domestic issues that we are facing from the broken infrastructure to the fractured education system.

He not only understands the political system and the constitution from a theoretical perspective he also has hands on experience, he will be able to soundly apply many of the good world statesman fundamentals needed from the oval office to once again gain credibility, however, just because one is not a warhawk that does not signal weakness.

We have abused our own military and economic resources to push our ideology onto others in the world forcefully before completely exhausting diplomatic efforts and unfortunately had to make up much of the intelligence supporting our efforts, that mindset has eroded a great degree of faith that people in the world and even our allies in Europe had for our great country.

Hopefully if Obama does become president we can begin to rebuild the relationships so if we ever do need a coalition of the willing again it will be truly those that are for us and with that we start to regain the respect in the world as the responsible leader of the free world.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by phinubian]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join