It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says attack on village was 'warning to Syria'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

US says attack on village was 'warning to Syria'

www.timesonline.co.uk

An unprecedented US airborne attack on a Syrian village was intended to send a warning to Damascus to take stronger action against Iraq-bound foreign jihadists operating on its soil, according to a senior official in Washington.

“You have to clean up the global threat that is in your backyard — and if you don’t do that, we are left with no choice but to take these matters into our own hands,” the official told reporters, on condition of anonymity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So the savages on Capitol hill are making the World a safer place by killing innocent men, women and children. When are we goning to be free from the Nazis in the US. There is only one global threat on this planet and its called America.

When is this killing of innocents going to stop, under the guise of freeing the World from a rag tag of Terrorists we have the real Terrorists killing and murdering in the name of profit and greed.

Hopefully soon these scumbags will be tried for crimes against humanity and all those who support them. Those who like to call themselves proud Americans, proud that their nation wages wars on those who cannot fight back. Well their is a word for that its called being a coward and a bully and that is just what the US is.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, sir, the boys in DC might be going about it in a controversial manner but at least they are actually do what they should have done in the first place. If any nation is our ally, and we theirs, is there any room for nonsense when there is a threat running lose?

Those "innocent civilians"? Let us hope our government makes amends with the Syrian people on our behalf - if they were not innocents, shame on you for questioning the only "patriots" that seem to give a damn about us any more...namely our special soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen who would just in front of a bullet for us with an armored vest on and "neutralize" the assailant.

This might be weird to say but bare with me please - the facts could be that 9/11 was a bunch of coincidences and misrepresentations by too many sources to list, or it could be Mister bin Laden's way of achieving his goal of taking out the Towers (bomb in the basement). Other nefarious and despicable things happened that day, too, and I am not saying any one has the story 100% on the incident...just that my thoughts are that even the most watchful and advanced animals can be terrorized by lesser peoples who think initiating violence is acceptable.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Solar, so by your words dose it give Syria's ally Russia the right to bomb the US no it does not and to be frank I'm sick and tired of hearing all the ally crap, its got nothing to do with that at all.

How does killing innocent men, women and children portect America from terrorist attacks it does not and the logicc is flawed, if anything it should escalate action against America should it not.

And as far as combatents taking a bullet, they are there by choice, nobody forced them to go and nobody forced them to sign up. They are nothing more than hired killers who are not protecting America or Americans. What they are doing is furthering the global ambitions of the parasites who run the show.

With regard to 9/11 perhaps you would like to provide proofs of who was responsible for that attack. To date no one not even your own Goverment has done so but of course you can believe the bull crap if you so wish.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe its my 5th grade reading abilities but i didnt see where it said women and children and innocent. Innocence of the dead cannot be proven or disproved by the account.

Your own words are as misleading and biased as any news account ive heard defending the action.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Shnipe. stop splitting hairs, the US has killed more civillains since ww2 than anyone else and that is a proven fact. In fact it is repsonsible for the deaths of nearly 2 million men women and children in Iraq alone, how many millions did it kill in Vietnam and for wnat.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Okkkkk...so when the US has provoked enough countries in the Middle East by bombing them and killing innocent people, they will expect other western countries to help them yeah ?

WRONG. I do not think our current Prime Minister (Australia) would dare send troops to assist the USA again unless it is for a legitimate reason.

take care all
res

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ya, my personality is that people who won't defend themselves are owed protection based on the fact that we all fit in some where.

Whatever, my life is worthless and there is no right answer or you would give it... glad I don't serve anymore, for people like you. You hate us who live to defend you and die for you and who, although ultimately culpable and worthy of death even if we are defending our own families from criminals shooting at us, don't really give much of a crap about how you live your life as long as you don't hurt our families. I joined the military to keep invading forces away from the few natives left here and the Amish/Quakers - I grew up around them, etc...

Whatever though, right? No matter that I am alive, I am culpable. I didn't do what it is that you dictate so I am wrong, right?

Yeah, I am done here. I am too emotional to care any more.

Erm, about the government...you are doing what again to correct what you view as corrupt? There is tangible effects where? Splitting hairs and calling people out - even if that is not the intent - usually fails.

I didn't offense here, but shut me up if you dictate that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Let's face it. The US is a tool for Israel. Israel is bugging because we have given them a no go order not to attack Iran. So I guess Syria and Hezbolla are easier marks.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Solar. when one stands against evil for the right causes then it is the right thing to do but when corrupt men get others to kill for profit and greed then that is wrong. America is so militarily strong that it should not fear the weak yet it dose, why?

Americans are not fighting to save their country from tyranny they are fighting to line the pockets of the perps who want war and more of it and don't give a toss for life be it American or any other nationality.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The warning must have been that the U.S. will occupy Syria for ten years or more, just as we are on par to do in Iraq. It almost seems to me that the U.S. gov is begging for terrorist attacks.

Poke the hive, poke the hive!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
just like the Bible says, it's going to be Russia+China+Iran+Syria vs. Israel, U.S. and a few others.

Looks to be heading that way everytime I hear the news broadcasts

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Attacking a village=attacking civilians, particularly children and their very needed parents, grandparents and relatives!!!! It is not an act of policing or war. It is actually an international crime against humanity and against the Geneva Convention and numerous other laws. They should be facing international court and lifelong imprisonment, if you're as merciful as me. They hung the nazi war criminals they caught.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I hope to god Syria moves those air defences Russia gave for the presidents mansion, towards their Iraq border, surely protecting innocent cilvilians is of more priority, than detering Israeli fly byes over his mansion?

Shame on the US, if its not Iraqi, Afghan or even Pakistani civilians, they always seem to find another target. I just hope all you free citizens who condone such actions through your silence, have the decency to not cry foul when ww3 comes around and Russian/Chinese missiles, artillery decimate your local towns/cities for no apparent reason!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'd find it very interesting what our response would be to another country bombing us for our funding/involvement with various gangs/drug cartels. I don't think the American people would be quite so understanding of such killing of innocent civilians.

top topics

join