It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can McCain win?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

If, and I'll grant that it's a big if, Obama loses, just wait till the Clinton's come out and start laying the "I told ya so" smack down. If Obama had just picked Hillary as his running mate this would be a massive landslide I bet.

I think the Clinton's are going to be voting for McCain. Hillary has MUCH more to gain if McCain wins than she does if Obama wins. An Obama win would guarantee that Hillary doesn't have a chance in 2012.

The Clinton's no doubt have a plan for whatever happens and is already gearing up for 2012.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Are you serious or joking? I'm just basing my opinion off of my observations of being born in and living my entire life in America. I have lived in the Northeast, the deep South, and the Midwest.

Just last week, in Tennessee, I was in a gas station where they proudly displayed bumper stickers for sale with Confederate flags and slogans such as "If we had picked our own cotton, we wouldn't be in this mess right now". I kid you not.

Most people are ignorant buffoons. What really motivates them is fear, as we have seen all too well over the last 8 years. It's why Bush won in 2004 when he had no business remaining in office. Despite his lying and deception, he still won the election with relative ease.

The GOP are masters at selling fear to a naive, ingnorant majority of the populace. That is why I believe that McCain could still win when he has no business winning the election.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Mad Max]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

In addition to believing that the numbers will be very close (and I happen to agree with you on this despite some of the huge leads that Obama is currently showing) , do you have a feeling on which candidate will squeak ahead?

I'd be lying if I knew, but I would venture to say there are more undeclared McCain voters than there are undeclared Obama voters. No real proof of that other than it seems Obama supporters tend to be very vocal and showier about their support of him while McCain voters just slightly nod their heads and don't say anything. Also I bet a higher percentage of Obama supporters don't vote than McCain supporters.

It's going to be closer in a lot of key states than the polls indicate, IMO.

We will see who is right...............

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad Max

The GOP are masters at selling fear to a naive, ingnorant majority of the populace.

I think both sides do this equally well. Look at how Biden came out and told everyone that a generated crisis would occur to test the meddle of Obama and how the way Obama handled it might not make sense to most people and it would NOT be apparent that they were correct in their response, but people still needed to support Obama.

That's fear mongering. And it's done on both sides.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
McCain will lose..

I usually vote republican and I respect the man..

however, the McCain campaign has been a huge series of missteps

Palin, negative campaigning, the handling of the economic crisis, the list goes on an on

I may not vote for Obama, but he will win tomorrow

Like the man or not he has run a masterful campaign

sorry

Ret

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by retzius

however, the McCain campaign has been a huge series of missteps

You are right about that. McCain should have been on the offensive much earlier in the game. There is a lot about Obama that should have been exposed and McCain gave him a pass.

I still think there is a chance he can pull it off despite what the polls are saying.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Like the man or not he has run a masterful campaign

I would like to add a little to your sentence...

Like the man or not, the MSM has helped him run a masterful campaign.

All Obama had to do was stay the course and let the media do the attacking and the praising.

He's had all the money in the world.
He's had all the MSM but FOX on the campaign trail.
The incumbent is the republican party who just so happens to be in power during one of the most detrimental times in US history, of which Bush/reps are blamed.
Mccain has run a terrible and unfocussed campaign.

By all accounts Obama/dems should win this one blind folded with one hand tied behind their backs. And yet, the polls are suggesting it is still some what close.

He will still likely win but, I am amazed by this.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yes, Senator McCain/ Governor Palin CAN win, and they actually have Two or Three different routes upon which they can attain the 270 Electoral Objective.

First and foremost, I do believe Senator McCain/ Governor Palin can and will keep Ohio, and take Pennsylvania. I also believe that they will hold onto Florida as well. In addition, their chances in Virginia are fairly good. Keep an eye on these four states, for if Senator McCain/ Governor Palin win them, they will only need to hold onto the Red States already slotted for them, and they can achieve Victory.

If Senator McCain/ Governor Palin win Ohio, then Florida, and take Pennsylvania, but lose Virginia, they will then need to take at least One Western State (Colorado, New Mexico, or Nevada), OR one New England State (New Hampshire) in order to achieve Victory.

It Senator McCain/Governor Palin keep Ohio, and Florida, but lose Pennsylvania, and Virginia, they will then need to take the three Western States of Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada, AND take the New England State of New Hampshire.

There are a few other possibilities for a McCain/Palin Victory, but these are the most likely scenarios.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Today is the day!

I hope we'll have a winner by the time I go to bed tonight (I'm in California) but I'm not going to hold my breath. This will be a close race.

If you see any exit polls, please post them so we can keep track of how the race is going.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

The exit polling will show Obama leading nationally by 10 or more, I suspect. Remember, the networks were absolutely giddy early in the afternoon in 2004 because the exit polls told them Kerry would win, possibly in a landslide. Obviously, that didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I didnt read past your post Jamison,I hope you are right.My thought is it has nothing to do with anything other then who is SET to win.

Look at McCain and how he ran his campaign,one day in the primarys he was concidered finished,the next he was the Rep candidate,If he had voted NO on the bailout he would win easly because thats what 85% of the people wanted and now the bailout is being toted as wrong,it will cause hyperinfation.When Obama did his infomerchel McCain had offers(and Palin)for 30 min time slots on Fox (10 million viewers)he chose to go on Larry King(1 million viewers)and a lot more blatiant mistakes.I don't belive McCain and people around him are that stupied.

McCain is simply doing what he is told as is Obama.It does not matter who these people are or what is said about them,one will be the president weather we like it or not,we have no real choice.Never have.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

There are a few other possibilities for a McCain/Palin Victory, but these are the most likely scenarios.

Those are great scenarios. I'm hoping McCain/Palin will pull this off.

I'm concerned about the early voting numbers coming in and discouraging voters but generally Republicans are great about voting no matter how long the lines or how slim of a chance they may have.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It will go for Obama, @#@# it! Lets just hope the that we keep the House and the Senate from becoming filibuster proof. Then there might be some hope.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, the Dow predictions are always taken into consideration for many years.

Dow is up Republican will win.

Dow is down Democrats win.

Dow is up

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, the Dow predictions are always taken into consideration for many years.

I remember hearing something about using the Dow as a predictor but didn't recall if up was Repub or Dem so thanks for pointing that out.

I am quite surprised at how solidly up the market is today - I thought it would be a wildly volatile day but so far, so good!

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In my opinion, Obama is trouncing McCain in the polls.

These polls are skewed to no end. Do you realize how much effect the young people are going to have on this election? You show me anybody below 30 now who has a house phone for the polls to call. They don't call cell phones.

Who's more likely to vote for McCain? Old people. Old people have house phones.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

These polls are skewed to no end. Do you realize how much effect the young people are going to have on this election? You show me anybody below 30 now who has a house phone for the polls to call. They don't call cell phones.

I never even considered that but you have a very good point.

I have received political calls on my cell phone - my voice mail for my home phone gives my cell phone number so perhaps that's why I receive calls. I have NOT recieved polling calls on my cell, just the robocalls.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Hey how old is old for you
I am middle age and we gave up our home phone two years ago.

You be surprise that my parents now only use cellulars and one is 65 and the other one 75.

The world is changing every day.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Hey how old is old for you I am middle age and we gave up our home phone two years ago.

A lot of people are doing that, you are right.

Do you receive political calls on your cell? Since there isn't a directory of cell phones I would think the only way political calls would come through on a cell is if you listed it as your number when making a contribution.

Jemison

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join