It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can McCain win?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Obama will win the popular vote.
McCain will win the collegic

This is why they have called all the troops home and have trained the Nation Guard for months to control the inner city rioting.

While I would LOVE to believe that you are right (at least about the McCain win), they may be training the NG for a win on either side.

Maybe they see the potential for the celebrations to get out of hand if Obama wins and they are prepping for crowd control on that angle?

There has been a lot of discussion about possible riots ... it reminds me a lot of the chaos they anticipated for Y2K ... only I think the rioting really could be horrible come tomorrow.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Is there a good thread on ATS about that?

The National Guard being called home to prepare for riots that would ensue because of the electoral vote being different then the popular.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
If memory serves me correctly I believe the Vegas odds were highly in favor of a Kerry win in 2004.

I'm not sure why you believe that Vegas odds are more accurate than personal observations or polls, but it's amusing to see the election in the eyes of Lost Wages!

Jemison

Well, your memory dosen't serve you to well there hot shot.

articles.latimes.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Nevada went for Bush big time and was refelected by the odds makers.

Lost Wages! How clever!

[edit on 3-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, I totally agree with you, what you mentioned is just one of the many little hints we have been given that McCain is to be president.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
When you come right down to it, Obama should be trouncing McCain.

It should be a landslide in favor of Obama. The past eight years of an unpopular war, the lies, the scandals, an unpopular president and vice president, claims of torture, Bush and Cheney stomping all over the Constitution and the latest economic face plant should have sealed McCain's fate, but Obama only holds a slight lead in most polls that the media is reporting and the media has definitely been pro-Obama. Obama only holds a slight lead in most of the states that he is leading in and many of the polls in the battleground states that he has a slight lead in is within the margin of error. Even in states where Obama is suppose to have clear victories you may see them fall into McCain's hands.

Don't be surprised if Nov. 5th President McCain is talking to the cameras. It would be a hell of a win if he can do it.

BTW, I'm not supporting either candidate by saying this. It just my view of it all.

[edit on 3/11/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

All over the boards but the best I think was in RATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well, your memory dosen't serve you to well there hot shot.

Ooopsie! Silly me. I had gamma knife surgery on my brain last May and I'm still suffering from what the Neurosurgeon refers to as "brain irritation". Many times the side effect causes irritation to the brains of others far more than it does to my own brain. Please forgive me.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Blast I don't have the security clearance for RATS!

So was this specifically when McCain wins the Electoral Vote?

Or...

just if the Electoral Decision was different then the Popular Vote? i.e either McCain or Obama winning Electoral but not Popular.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

You make a decent point, one I have thoroughly considered as well. However if it is for over exuberant celebratory crowd control, I do not believe they would have spent so much time and money training the PD as well as the NG and other Paramilitary troops.

No this is going to be be one of the reasons they have built so many holding facilities or camps for large crowds, this will be a good opportunity to experiment with live enemy combatants.

I may be incorrect, but I have thought this out as best I can with the clues I have been observing.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Polls and personal feelings don't mean squat.
The smart money goes here for real information.

www.vegas-sportsbetting.com...

If you know how to wager; who's the favorite?

There is very little difference in politics than playing the spread or
calculating the odds in holdem.

Look like to me that Sen. McCain is like trying to fill an inside straight.
It can happen though. And the good Lord knows I'm a sucker for long shots, chasing a flush, and going all in with JJ.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by whaaa]

Hogwash, even in areas where McCain leads these bets favor Obama.

There are a million more variables in this as compared to a game of poker.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

There has been so much speculation about the direction this is going to go, and to tell you the truth even in RATS and the clues found there, it is uncertain at best.

Where I get my 11th hour wisdumb is by observation and intuition. I have never been wrong, yet with the level of stiff neck I have right now, I could be hallucinating for all I know...

We will see in a few short hours.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yeah no doubt I will, I am working the Election Booths tomorrow!

So who do you think will win the Popular, and who will win the Electoral?

**NM you answered that already
oops

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Last Friday, a federal court judge in Cleveland, Ohio, ordered Michael Connell, an information-technology consultant to the McCain '08 campaign, to give a deposition in a court proceeding. Mr. Connell, whose firm, GovTech Solutions, built Ohio's 2004 election results computer network, was in a position to have knowledge about the alleged manipulation of electronic voting results in that presidential contest (a technique known as "flipping") in order to switch the winner in Ohio from Sen. John Kerry to President Bush. The deposition is scheduled to take place today, November 3, one day before the 2008 general election.

Is the Election About to Be Stolen in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Elsewhere?

I believe that hes trying to win no matter what...seeing who he has "consulting" him on information-technology.

I think thats the only way he has a chance of winning.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I believe that hes trying to win no matter what...seeing who he has "consulting" him on information-technology.

FYI, in 2004 my husband voted for Bush but the machine flipped his vote to Kerry. It took 3 attempts before the voting machine would allow his vote to go for Bush. The polling people said that was something they had been hearing throughout the day, all with Bush votes given to Kerry.

If the machines are rigged or faulty, because of personal experience I tend to believe that there will be flipping on both sides.

Just my two cents.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
FYI, in 2004 my husband voted for Bush but the machine flipped his vote to Kerry. It took 3 attempts before the voting machine would allow his vote to go for Bush.

Actually...

that might have been Divine Intervention, not a rigged machine!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If McCain would have picked a running mate like Romney, he would probably win.

But he bases his campaign on Obama's lack of experience, then goes out and picks a VP that makes Obama look like he has the experience of FDR.

It seems to me that McCain is just like Kerry was in 2004...basically a place holder candidate for his party.

Then again, most Americans seem to be dumb, rednecks. And most dumb, rednecks vote Republican because the GOP sells fear like Coca-Cola sells soda pop.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think it is going to be much closer than anyone predicts. The Bradley effect will happen to an extent, but there are a lot of McCain supporters just being quiet till they vote, IMO. Obama supporters are trying to get out their vote in an almost nervous way here in Michigan. I just think it is going to be much closer than what the pundits and exit polls will say. Mcain voters aren't as vocal as Obama's but they are going to turn out and vote.

It will come down to one or two States for all the marbles, which two, I'm not sure, probably FL, OH, PA are good bets.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Max
Then again, most Americans seem to be dumb, rednecks. And most dumb, rednecks vote Republican because the GOP sells fear like Coca-Cola sells soda pop.
This is totally uncalled for.
And highly offensive.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

that might have been Divine Intervention, not a rigged machine!

Hahahaha. Divine intervention.

I think it is going to be much closer than anyone predicts. The Bradley effect will happen to an extent, but there are a lot of McCain supporters just being quiet till they vote, IMO.

In addition to believing that the numbers will be very close (and I happen to agree with you on this despite some of the huge leads that Obama is currently showing) , do you have a feeling on which candidate will squeak ahead?

I think your statement says a lot more about you and the type of people you affiliate with than it does the American people.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

If, and I'll grant that it's a big if, Obama loses, just wait till the Clinton's come out and start laying the "I told ya so" smack down. If Obama had just picked Hillary as his running mate this would be a massive landslide I bet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join