It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is better choice for commander in chief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just RAN into this video on youtube and I'm not sure why Obama has yet to use this in his campaign on McCain's "Surge worked" attacks. Its amazing the leadership in Obama and after watching this video it has actually changed my opinion on McCain being a better commander in chief.

Your thoughts please. Does this prove that Obama would be a better Commander then McCain? And if it does why hasnt Obama use this for his campaign?

Edit: for pluckynoonez
lolz!

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good work, thanks for the video. I flagged this thread, more people need to see this
Really, Obama is the best/only choice that is near fixing America. PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

"raned"? Is that a word?

Tis a choice: en.wikipedia.org...

I am going with Obama. He is less annoying.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Obama is weak. Leaders cannot be weak or show weakness. Obama is and has.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
Obama is weak. Leaders cannot be weak or show weakness. Obama is and has.

When and where? I can say McCain is asian, but we know that isn't true. Show some credible link that is not vague please or shut up

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

He wants to pull the troops out of Iraq (weakness)
He wants to sit down with the tyrant leader of Iran (weak)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathhasnosound
reply to post by -zeropoint-

He wants to pull the troops out of Iraq (weakness)
He wants to sit down with the tyrant leader of Iran (weak)

Exactly as I thought, posting vague misconceptions and untruths, he has a plan to take the troops out responsibly and timely, it's not weak. You probably don't understand how much the war is costing America, and the lives being lost for this war on 'terra'. It's an argument that many people have made, but there's people like you who measure strengths and weaknesses by how many people you kill, and how many bad things occur in the world. I wish you were on the other side of the coin though, you'd be more useful to the world.

How is communication weak? You only have war and violence in your heart, when many middle-class and innocent people in America, "at home", are feeling the burdens of such negativity and economic collapse. Again, I wish your face was on the other side of the coin, you'd be much more useful and logical than you are now.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
hopefully there will be an intervention and we won't have to find out. hopefully they will post it to you tube. it would be best to have doctor paul.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes, Obama would make a better CinC. He has good judgment, thinks things through, doesn’t jump into decisions, surrounds himself with people from different viewpoints and asks for the TRUTH, listens carefully and then makes a good decision. He is strong enough to sit down and talk with his “enemies” instead of weakly attacking without thinking of the consequences. He prefers peace and diplomacy to war.

By the way, he HAS said that the Surge was moderately successful before. I have heard him say it. People just don’t listen. And McCain lies time and time again about it and people believe him because, like Bush, he tells his lies over and over again. The American people are used to talking points and McCain knows this.

Obama is intelligent, brilliant, thoughtful and STRONG. He would be the better president (and CinC) by FAR!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solo954
This thread was going great until the moderator decided its not a good thread for the Decision forum.

I agree 100% with you. Who would be the better CinC is an important issue in this election. I can't imagine why it was moved.

I suggest the trolls be ignored and make it a good thread in spite of that.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Leaders can't show signs of weakness?

are you serious? I think the most effective leaders are ones with the balls to reflect on themselves, and be able to point out where their shortcomings are...

Any leader that can identify their own weaknesses, know which people to surround themselves with to compensate.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That’s part of why I am voting for Obama, he isn’t everything I’d hope for in a candidate, certainly not, however I think he will be a far better President than John McCain or any of the other potential nominees in third parties or from the primaries. It really is as simple as that for me. I think what really convinced me he could do it better than anyone else was his stance on our standing in the world and foreign policy. To see someone for once throw out the gun-ho “they are different from us and don’t agree with us so we should isolate them from the world stage or our politics” attitude was very refreshing. Oh no, lets not sit down with foreign leaders with out preconditions and try to solve a problem if we dislike them, lets all end up blowing each other to pieces instead. I will never get that kind of American mindset and it is nice to see a possible commander in chief who realizes how silly and self-deprecating that is.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Obama is better choice for commander in chief

Wrong.

www.youtube.com...

He pledged to destroy our defenses and wipe out future combat systems.

That's piss poor judgement .. piss poor planning .. and it's down right dangerous. With a democratic congress lead by that flake Pelosi, Obama will be able to do exactly what he promised in this video.

Destruction of our defenses. Destruction of our future defenses.
Massive unemployment. And couple that with his promise to
bankrupt the coal industry .... he's a nightmare for homeland security.

Be afraid. Be very afrad.

Commander in Chief? :shk: More like chief traitor.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Where do you get this stuff? He didn't say that at all.

If he said what you did, I imagine he wouldn't be where he is today.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Im sorry but at the beginning of the video he says it very clear " I will END MISGUIDED Defense Policies"

Sorry but you substantiated him being a better CinC than McCain in this video.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Where do you get this stuff? He didn't say that at all.

Watch the damn video. He definately DID pledge it.
You see only that which you wish to see.
You hear only that which you wish to hear.

If he said what you did, I imagine he wouldn't be where he is today.

He said it. And he's where he is today because people have ignored all his massive amount of bagage - including his promise to cut future combat systems.

" I will END MISGUIDED Defense Policies"

And he has said which ones are 'misguided' ... too many things... things that this country needs. He has said 'future combat systems'. He has said (not on this video) the V22 and has named many other programs.

you substantiated him being a better CinC than McCain in this video.

Believe what you wish. The fact is Obama will be a disaster and he is not Commander in Chief material. He's just an empty suit from Chicago.

Edited to add - I found the list. Future Combat Systems, F22 Raptor, 222 Ospry, Virgina Class subs, DDG-1000 destroyers ... more coming ....

[edit on 11/2/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Obama is intelligent, brilliant, thoughtful and STRONG. He would be the better president (and CinC) by FAR!
Oh keep it in your pants! geez how embarrassing.

Obama could not last five minutes in a POW camp let alone five years as McCain did. You want to talk about strength, that is strength.

Obama is rico suave and this makes old ladies swoon and homosexual's legs tingle, but it doesn't qualify him to be president.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH said it so eloquently I don't have much to add, but did want to say great find and great thread!

I am continually amazed at the equation of a willingness to engage in violence with strength and a willingness to choose other means of conflict resolution as weakness.

To quote a famous if fictional leader:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

Salvor Hardin

S & F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join