It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Focal Point - stars become UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tonight I made a fool of myself and ran inside to get my brother saying that there were UFOs outside. Turns out they were just some stars that looked to be moving. Without a focal point it looks just like the stars are moving. But if you take proper measurements he showed me they were actually stationary. I've heard of these UFOs that look just like stars though. So how do you know what your seeing are actually UFOs?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You wont find truth in seeing them. If you genuinely see on, or lets say genuinely believe you do, you will know.

Besides, truth itself comes from much more than just seeing, you need knowledge. When I say knowledge, I dont mean some absolute holy grail of knowledge, or even concrete knowledge, I just mean a constant flow of pure knowledge. By that I mean knowledge which is neither true nor false, real nor unreal, but simple something you look for, find, consider and interpret for yourself.

Trust me, if there was ever something to be known in the world, then all you ever have to do is look, think, and wonder. Thats the beauty of the human mind. Concrete ideas are like concrete coffins, "credibility" is a worthless word, "proof" is a deception, and "evidence" is a lie.

Do I speak in riddles? Yes, probably sometimes I do. A wise person once told me something ive always remebered, if you present something outside of truth as a truth, it will be seen as a lie. If you present only the possible truths of a thousand truths, intelligence and curiousity in most cases will combine to do the rest.

(remeber "truth" is a construct and doesnt always mean what you think it means, if the the truth is a lie, then a lie is certain to be true)

What does a UFO look like? I suppose whatever it looks like to you if thats what you see.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Here is an amazingly appropriate thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is an amazingly appropriate thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on phage old boy, your becoming a transparent cynic, honestly I thought better of you than that.

Some of you have to be able to put on a half decent show now dont you?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that Steve,

You've just made a point I've been trying to make all night... effortlessly

If you know that can't even trust your own eyes when it comes to celestial phenomena, how can you trust anybody else's word?

It's the fatal flaw in most "believer's" thinking.

I think that if UFO researchers want to be taken seriously, they need to learn the ropes first - the art of observing most importantly, and yes, it is an art since it takes 100's of hours under the stars to become familiar with the most common objects and phenomena - and few people realize just how many, and how varied they are.

I hope all of you out there can be a little more open minded, and see these errors in your thought process. If the UFO movement wants to get anywhere, something has to change.

I'll leave you all with some food for thought:
/59l78b
www.ianridpath.com... (Same link I posted elsewhere earlier for those that have already seen it)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Well it's for this reason that I find the most interesting UFO videos to be the ones recorded out in space.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
For me, yes I trust my own eyes. Then again I've spent an inordinate amount of time peering upwards. I must also say that I don't trust other's judgement near as much when it comes to this. I've seen all too often how people can misidentify stars, planets, aircraft etc. Probably why I'm sort of biased towards testimony from people who clearly should know what they are looking at in the skies, such as pilots, astronauts and so forth.

new topics

top topics

join