It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck driver report of UFO near Empire, OH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I am sure the usual CGI, flare, Chinese lantern, camera shooting a reflection and so forth crowd will show up soon enough. Strange about the crystalline description too.

None of those, how about a street lamp?

Orange light on bottom of the above photo reminds me of:

You can see inside the covering of the light, a lip is even visible on the right side of the interior of the possible 'light fixture'.

If the yellow light is a street lamp, then the strange items in the center of the photo could be leaves from a tree.

The three triangle lights? Who knows.

Not saying that what it is, but it looks quite a bit like a street lamp to me. The strange lights in the center of the image look quite a bit like leaves. The triangle lights---who knows?

Not saying that's what it is, but that was my first reaction to the photo.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bagels13

Bagels,
There is a thread on UFOs/Indiana that mentioned the Orange Balls of Lights or OBOL seen in/around Kokomo. The hardcore UFO spotters around there often see triangles in conjunction with the OBOL and you guessed it sometimes military craft as well. The skeptics say they are flares but anyone who regularly sees them seriously doubts they are flares. Actually in two weeks UFO hunters will be profiling Kokomo.
BP

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by aggravation

I agree in shape it does resemble the street lamp you show. Did they airbrush out the post? I am not a photogrpaher or image analyst of any kind. I know there are those on ATS.. Will be interesting to hear their comments.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It would be helpful to have the original images. just o check the exif data.

as for these that are available...

Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72.00
YResolution - 72.00
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - Adobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
DateTime - 2008:10:30 21:43:05
ExifOffset - 164
ColorSpace - Uncalibrated (-1)
ExifImageWidth - 504
ExifImageHeight - 419

Thumbnail: -
Compression - 6 (JPG)
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
JpegIFOffset - 302
JpegIFByteCount - 2271

after a closer look, there is definately a need for the original images. just based on what is available... dunno too many artefacts to say for sure.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Maestro28]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I also found the crystal description interesting as well. Through other investigating it has come to my attention that it is possible to GROW what you want. With that in mind, the object that is below the three lights could be a live entity that is used for star travel. I know, I know but i have seen the research on such a being in the late 80's and you should have seen the eye rolling back then.
Stay Frosty,
Kitos

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Did anybody notice a reply to a post about more lights in Stephensville on Monday or Tuesday where the poster wrote, "Oh no, here we go again. If you knew what I knew, you'd be freaking out..."?

They've been seeing lights there in Texas every night since the 22. Where I used to get very excited over pix like these, I'm finding myself becoming numb.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Must ask, what do you know?
K.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

i don't think it's a streetlight

i don't know what it is truthfully but did you or anyone else notice the picture i posted on the first page that i lightened up ?

there is definitely something above the light that looks like some kind of dust trail ? or it could be Angel Hair that has been noticed with many UFO sightings ?

www.project1947.com...

i wonder if any of the witnesses thought to look for this ?

you can see the trail of whatever it is ....

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i just read the article at earthfiles.com awesome report there you should check it out if you havent done so.

i would like to interject without going off topic by saying i would bet a reasonable amount of money that if that cacoon like glowing object was pulled up towards the tinley part ufo which is being debated in another thread that the chrystalline texture from the underbelly of the craft would also appear.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It appears that this man called in to the radio program Coast to Coast on Thursday October the 23'rd.

Link to Coast to Coast Thursday October 23, 2008

He sounds very intelligent and excited. Certainly sounds believable. However, there are a few discrepancies from the Coast to Coast interview and the one on the Earthfiles interview. I've copied a bit of the audio interview here:

George: "Okay let's go to Columbus, Ohio... Tim you're on with Linda Moulton Howe... Hi Tim....."

Tim: "Hi, how are you? Uhhh, Thank you for your time Linda..... umm... I just wanted to call and ask Linda a question... uhh, I been driving a truck for about 6 months and had started listening to this program about that time... uhh... last night about this same time I was driving on route 11... uh... not far from an area that she's been speaking about... uh... in the Pennsyvania/Ohio/west Virginia area. There were about 6 cars pulled off alongside the road for about a few miles, people outside their cars and I started to look up... and I noticed something in the air that was a very bright object, it didn't look like any kind of aircraft or anything like that... uh, it almost looked like an animal kinda floating, but it was EXTREMELY bright, it was almost putting off its own light... and I looked above that and it seemed like a triangular pattern. I think it looked... at first I thought maybe something could be chasing it... but then as I noticed it, the whole triangular pattern shifted to its side and.... whatever the bright object, it was going up... I looked at the bottom side of it and this thing was gigantic, I.. I.. I cant even... fathom how big this thing was.... it was... it was huge. At first I thought, it was, discount it.. uh.. the Pittsburgh airport is not very far from there. But whenever I saw the bottom of it light up I know what what it was... and there were 6 or 7 other people that saw this same thing. I'm wondering if, if this was something... uhhh... something you have reports of this, this shape and size of an object and I was wondering if you heard anything about this?"

Linda speaks~ thanking him and asks for him to email a sketch with colored pencils...

Tim: "I was on Route 11... I was uh... near East Liverpool, Ohio. Uh, which is just on the other side of the Ohio River and I could actually see the Ohio River on my left hand side. I tried to slow down enough where I could actually get a really good look and I wanted to get out and take a picture with my camera phone but it was unsafe for me to pull over in a semi. I don't know if maybe somebody else has, like, like, like you said to get the word out... uh... but... I tried to pull over as much as I could, its kinda a mountainous hilly area and by the time I got around the curve to where I could've slowed down and maybe stopped, I couldn't see the object anymore. So it must have been.... not.. to high above the tree-line.... I imagine it was a least a couple... hundred feet... mor.. more than that probably... maybe a couple thousand feet... it was low enough to where... whatever that object was... which looked like some kind of... like a large animal or something, getting, that's what's strange and it caught my eye in the first place. It was completely brilliant, I mean 100%, it was lit up, uh, like, almost like almost like if you would take a spotlight but it was in the shape of something and I don't know what it is I can't quite fit in my head what it could possibly be the shape of."

Linda interrupts.....

To hear the full interview you can click on the link above if you have a subscription to Coast to Coast... or posibly YouTube?.... that was just an excerpt.

The few discrepancies are that he said Route 11 on C2C and then Route 7 on Earthfiles. He said he could not pull over to take a picture with his camera phone on C2C but presented three photos on the Earthfiles website. And a little detail... if this happened where they say it did, East Liverpool, Ohio is on the same side as Empire/Stratton, Ohio... West Virginia is right on the other side of the Ohio River from all these towns. Oh, and Pittsburgh Airport is 40 miles away.

I believe all the discrepencies are simply because he is a truck driver in the middle of the night.... probably drives the area but didn't know _exactly_ where he was at that time. The photo discrepancy is the biggest.

However... having said all of this... I completely believe him. This is the area that I grew up. I know Route 7 and all the areas mentioned. My mother used to work at the Stratton power plant.

If my Mother were still alive I could recount to you her UFO sightings in this area. Once when she and a neighbor watched UFOs shoot beams of light into a mountainside as if they were taking soil samples (early 1970's). Another time when I was told to remain in the car as she and my father pulled off a highway with other cars... all I remember were all the adults staring up at the hillside at UFOs (late 1970's).

I believe this UFO sighting. I just wonder why he didn't admit he had taken photos when he called Coast to Coast? Seeing a UFO is an awesome experience though, life altering, I think when he called Coast to Coast he was still reeling. He sounded like it.

Something just to add to this also....... Stratton Power Plant was the key to the great power outage a few years back in New York City and a lot of the North-East United States. Not that I think it's related in any way. Just mentioning it.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i'm no expert where knowing if photo's have been faked, but something dos'nt look right to me with this one.

the white orbs, especially the top one, looks out of place, and the strange stuff in the centre dos'nt fit either.

i agree it looks like leaves, which would mean it is near ground level, meaning it could well be a lamp post.

but the top white orb is really bugging me the most, it dos'nt seem like its from the same picture, it appears as though it could of been added.

i hope i'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ok i don't normaly set out to debunk things but this one looked too fishy to me...

2 posably 3 reflections in windows no 3 being eather a reflection or a stage light ( seen quite afew did stage lighting for a time) and the big yellow light a street lamp mounted to a building with the strange pattern being a reflection on a stucco wall behind it ....

this is just a simple set of lines showing what i see....

not trying to be a drag man.....

[edit on 11/1/2008 by ramble]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramble
ok i don't normaly set out to debunk things but this one looked too fishy to me...

2 posably 3 reflections in windows no 3 being eather a reflection or a stage light ( seen quite afew did stage lighting for a time) and the big yellow light a street lamp mounted to a building with the strange pattern being a reflection on a stucco wall behind it ....

this is just a simple set of lines showing what i see....

not trying to be a drag man.....

if those lines are suppose to be a window, the wood that seperates the glass covers the orange light. meaning it would'nt be visable.

although i see where your coming from, but is it right?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform

if those lines are suppose to be a window, the wood that seperates the glass covers the orange light. meaning it would'nt be visable.

although i see where your coming from, but is it right?

not quite geting what your saying there are you talking about window frames ?
the glass could be recessed and lined with simple black aluminum frame work...
and the light could be slightly distended out from the wall on a metal post and bracket...

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
A street light really was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the light. I'm not certain, but it looks pretty much like one. I'm not sure what the triangle could be though. It looks much weirder.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great pictures! I used to live in southern Indiana. I have seen the triangle crafts too, the one we saw was late at night, on a back road, and moved slower than a plane. Anyway, thanks for sharing this story.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

I don't know what it is LordThumbs but I tend to agree with you quite a bit. I am now taking back my thoughts on the orbs being seperate and flying together -this looks like a cloaking type effect. Or crazier yet maybe a wormhole-like device.

Awesome pics. anyway! These triangular objects are popping up a lot lately.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If it was a street lamp, wouldn't we be seeing the pole illuminated? The street lamp poles are metallic so they reflect light.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by aggravation

Originally posted by BlackProjects
I am sure the usual CGI, flare, Chinese lantern, camera shooting a reflection and so forth crowd will show up soon enough. Strange about the crystalline description too.

None of those, how about a street lamp?

I'll have to agree with you here.
Its a normal sodium vapor street lamp.
The other lights are also lamps. Its not moving, just shot from different angles. The 'trail' is most probably an oily or dirty lens causing diffraction.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As always, just because it can be reproduced does not make it less legitimate. Just because someone can take a picture of a different illuminated object does not mean the original luminescent object is not real.

People here have even written that they have seen this.

We need to try to get this man here! Ask him why he did not say he had pictures at first. Yet, as he has stated, he cannot even yet bring himself to look at his own pictures. This is playing with his head a bit at this time.

By the way.... just for laughs... those streetlight pictures seem awfuly blurry and all... no detail.... I don't think they're real..... HOAX!!!

[snicker]

[edit on 11/1/2008 by dreams n chains]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join