It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any "good" girls out there anymore?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wasn't sure where this would go, but it seems related to psychology...

I am an 18 year old college student. All through out high school I watched slutty girls roam the halls, hooking up with the stupidist guys I know, only to cry when the guy dumped them, cheated on them, or what have you. These girls never seemed to learn their lesson. I figured when I got out of high school, and into college, things would be different and people would be much more mature.

How wrong I was.

I see the same dumb people doing the same dumb stuff. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only guy that doesn't only care about if a girl will put out. I want to get to know a girl first, and it helps if the girl has a brain and can carry on an intelligent conversation. Are there any young women that are even capable of this anymore? Don't get me wrong, I love sex as much as the next guy, but I can't see the point in sleeping with some slut that will be sleeping with your best friend the next week...

So my question is, are there still intelligent girls left out there, and I just havn't met them, or has the world gone that bad that there are no "good" girls anymore?

[edit on 31-10-2008 by goldbomb444]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
There are still those smart, beautiful girls who can carry on an intelligent conversation. We are also rather logical, don't feel the need to be clingy, and are still able to let you have guys nigt. But we are rare and basically a myth it seems today. All we do is sit back and laugh. Hopefully, one day, they will get it. They just need to grow up. Actually what would be better for them is to take some time to themselves, not worry about guys and realize all will be fine with some guy in your life or not.

I say this because, like you, I was looking for some guy who wouldn't cheat on and who would treat a women right. I also want to let you know that they exist (lol, I make them sound like some mystic creature) so don't give up. You sound like a descent guy. It takes time.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
And by implication are we to infer that you are one of the "good guys"?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Not to sound like a grump, but I detest the use of the word "slut" - those types of women are just using what they have to have a sense of control and power.

You're still only 18 - at that age, women mostly only want the bad guys.

When they hit 30ish, they'll soon realize that those types of guys they went for are all wash-ups or have moved on from the easy girls.

Those girls will probably also have a litter of kids, or find themselves in an endless, loveless loop of one nighters.

But as for "good" girls - yes, myth. If not a myth, exceedingly rare.

Sit back, relax, and wait for them all to sort themselves out.

Women these days just don't know what they want - I'm almost 24 and I still have absolutely no idea what it is they want, because even up to and beyond college, they seem to actually stay the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have no idea if I am a "good" guy or not. That depends on your point of view I would guess, which is why I put "good" in quotes. I am sure guys that like "bad" girls think they are "good".

I would never cheat on a girl. The first thing I think about when I meet a girl isn't sex. I actually do like listening to girls, not just talking to them. I get offended when people make sexist comments towards women, which apparently is weird according to my firends and the rest of society. If any of that makes me a "bad" guy, then I guess I am not a "good" guy...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think you need to ask a more obvious question here buddy, and tying into Lucid's post...

Define what "good" is?

[edit on 31.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
Define what "good" is?

[edit on 31.10.2008 by Shugo]

Like I said, that is very hard. I think I described what a "good" girl is from my point of view in my first post. A girl that is intelligent, can carry on an intelligent conversation, isn't obsessed with how they look, ect.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Well first part of being a "good guy" is not assuming that women who have had more then one sexual encounter are "sluts".

Your post read that way.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Well first part of being a "good guy" is not assuming that women who have had more then one sexual encounter are "sluts".

Your post read that way.

If you misinterpreted my post I appologize. I have had more than one sexual encounter, but I do not consider myself a "man slut" (If that is even a term)...I meant girls that sleep with a different guy every week or more often than that even.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about. My buddy has been having the same problem for quite some time now. The question I posed to him is the same one I will pose to you; Where are you going to find these girls?

When I asked him this question, he said the internet and bars for the most part. I told him there in lied his problem. My advice to him, and you, would be to try and meet girls at school, at work, maybe the local dog park...basically places where he would expect to find girls who posses the traits he was looking for. I also told him to never fear rejection or perhaps having to try and get to know a girl before asking her out. Rejection is just a natural part of trying to find girl. At the same time, most of the "good" girls are used to, and disgusted by, guys asking them out without taking the time to get to know them first.

Try some of my suggestions, be patient, and I think things will work out for the best. Trust me, my buddy has yet to, perhaps that is why he is currently with some crazy chick he met on the internet who is bound to cheat on him in the future, if she has not already. lol

[edit on 31-10-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

[edit on 31-10-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Something to Consider

- There are roughly 6 Billion people in the world.... and you....are 18 years old...There is so much left to the world for you to discover - including Girls. You shouldn't be in any Hurry my dear.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only guy that doesn't only care about if a girl will put out. I want to get to know a girl first, and it helps if the girl has a brain and can carry on an intelligent conversation.

You are not the ONLY guy. There are many guys out there who respect women....And just as there are guys who do - there are guys who don't.

So my question is, are there still intelligent girls left out there, and I just havn't met them, or has the world gone that bad that there are no "good" girls anymore?

There are intellegent girls...perhaps you haven't met them because you're not looking for them....? And if this is the case...then you are not looking in the right place.....

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by goldbomb444

I have had more than one sexual encounter, but I do not consider myself a "man slut" (If that is even a term)...I meant girls that sleep with a different guy every week or more often than that even.

If you can call women sluts then yes 'man slut' is a term

But I do see what you are saying now (I think).

I see the same dumb people doing the same dumb stuff.

Perhaps you are going to the same dumb places?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I go to a very small University with a very small percentage of girls...VERY small. I could try hanging out in a public library...I would assume girls that fit my type might be found in one. I guess I have to get used to not seeing the same people over and over again (I moved from a very small town, to a huge one)

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Find a local yoga studio and start taking classes. Trust me there will be plenty of girls and chances are some of them are quite intelligent and down to earth

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Find a local yoga studio and start taking classes. Trust me there will be plenty of girls and chances are some of them are quite intelligent and down to earth

Sadly, being a college student, I am very limited in my expenses and Yoga classes tend to be a bit expensive

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Where do you go to University?

Some Universities OFFER a Yoga Class with their fitness program... At my University in Canada we pay a fee for our Fitness Program and it Includes Yoga ... twice a week...

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Are you a full-time student?

Any work or just schoolin?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Hmm that doesn't sound like a bad deal at all. More reason to like Canada.
It's competing with Hawaii and Washington for my future home!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Lucid, Either Hawaii - for the weather, or Austrailia - for the Accents... I haven't decided yet!

The Gym Fee is included with tutition, there is no way around it... So its pretty affordable to stay in shape....

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Where do you go to University?

Some Universities OFFER a Yoga Class with their fitness program... At my University in Canada we pay a fee for our Fitness Program and it Includes Yoga ... twice a week...

- Carrot

lol, I go to a small (about 2000 student) university in Arizona. There are no Yoga classes in my school.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join