It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says They Tested A Nuclear Bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

IRAN SAYS THEY TESTED A NUCLEAR BOMB

www.israeltoday.co.il

An senior Iranian source has told Israel Insider that a weekend earthquake in Iran measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale was actually an underground nuclear bomb test.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on 31-10-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, I don't know the reliablity of the source, but I did come across this information...lets go folks...time to start digging (no pun intended) for verification. If memory serves, someone indicated a while ago how Iran had plans for a type of vertical shaft on a computer notebook that was indeed a construction template for an underground nuclear test shaft.
Could this be more of the puzzle? Are the pieces starting to come together?

www.israeltoday.co.il
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Not trying to start anything here, but I would personally rather hear this from a neutral source. Israel isn't exactly friends with Iran, and this could be a ploy to get a war started.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, lets pretend it is true.

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest with you. But they have only tested it. Something could have gone wrong, they could have missed a step in the process or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
Not trying to start anything here, but I would personally rather hear this from a neutral source. Israel isn't exactly friends with Iran, and this could be a ploy to get a war started.

I agree. We need to find some other sources that can give verification.
The question is...if true...what comes next? I think the UN would be powerless. I could see a Naval Blockade but that would force Iran into an offensive posture.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Once Iran "assumes the position", then Israel moves into strike mode, and then the US, and then probably Syria. One move will lead to a series of moves, a chain reaction.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

An Israeli newspaper proclaiming that Iran has the bomb.

Their next article will be:

"Hitler ALIVE and well; has been cloned by top Iranian scientists!"

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If this is truly being reported by Israel I'm sure the Bush administration is partially behind it and would love to jump on this as a last chance to sour relations with Iran for Obama. They could even take some sort of military action that Obama will have to deal with, and Bush will not have to worry about any of the repercussions as he will be out of office. The next mood of the next 4 years would be set before Obama even did anything.

*EDIT*

The source went on to reveal that Iran now has two nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles ready for use against Israel, possibly in the coming months.

Okay yeah, WHAT! The next couple months... the last couple months of Bush in office. The timing of this news makes a lot of sense to me.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by InterestedObserver]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Propaganda. Look at the source. Israeli press have been beating the drums of war for a few years now. I think they need to fight Iran and get it over with. The US staying out of it of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

About israel today:

Israel Today is a Jerusalem-based news agency providing a biblical and objective perspective on local news.
Our readers are bound together by a common interest in and love for Israel – the Land and People of the Book. We believe that the existence of the State of Israel is a fulfillment of prophecy and a plumb line for the purposes of God for these times.

www.israeltoday.co.il...

Have any credible Israeli newspapers - ie. those who don't identify Bible Prophecy as part of their mission statement in their "About Us" page - run this story?

If not, I'll put this in the bin with the Falun Dafa newspaper claims that the Chinese detonated nukes for their earthquake a few months back.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good find on the article!

This is just the Israeli press trying to start some some bollocks before the next US president gets in.

Why would a senior Iranian official speak to an Israeli source??? He wouldn't live very long.

It'd have to be a freakishly large nuclear test to generate that sort of richter reading, especially given the fact that Iran doesn't even possess the amount of materials required for any nuclear test, let alone a viable weapon.

We'll put this one in the bin of those stupid idiots that get on those Israeli papers saying "aww my gawwwsh, it's the end times and we're the Chosen People!™"

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

The problem is our President went and addressed the Knesset.

While there, he pledged America's support of any military action involving Israel. He invoked Masada ("Masada shall never fall again, and America will be at your side."

As our principle representative to the world, he wrote a check, according to his ideology, and left our asses to make good on it.

It will be MADE our problem. Religion will demand it. All delusions of morality go out the window at that point.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Can it be the october surprise on is way? Or even a november surprise?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm squinty-eyed suspiscious.

A five point zero earthquake in this area is historically usual for this area.

This very well could be just another common earthquake.

A few specs from USGS for future reference because the only Iran earthquake specs will roll off the chart in two days:

Saturday 25 October 2008 at 20:17:20 UTC (Coordinated Universal Time )
LAT 26.533
LON 54.985
Depth 28.8km

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
NO WAY

the seismic signature of a underground nuclear test is very easy to spot.
www.llnl.gov...
www.nautilus.org...
www.evolutionnews.org...
www.eurekalert.org...
www.nautilus.org...
publicaffairs.llnl.gov...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think the bigger surprise is why have we waited so long to do something about Iran. Israel is not the guilty party here, but then more than a few hear are very ignorant of prophecy and the the destiny of Iran, Syria, Turkey, and others.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It was a very sophisticated, multi-tech, triple-edged, high spasmic, mohebian, twice removed, shaken but not stirred stink bomb. I believe aged at about 20 years. Must have been kept cool in a cellar somewhere. Nasty too!
It will take your breath away, burn the hairs on your chest if you are standing right there and give you a headache but nothing serious.

LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The earthquake depth was 28.8km

www.fas.org...

Most underground nuclear explosions have been detonated at depths shallower than 1.5 km; the deepest, at a depth of about 4 km. With the exception of one super-deep well to 13 km, the deepest wells drilled reach depths of 10 km.)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/31/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the first time Israel has activley accused them of something measurable.

If true, this iranian scientist defected and leaked this to Israel, then im thinking Iran just bought their safety, or just bought immediate instant death. No way would anyone attack Iran now with anything less than a nuclear weapon.

If its fake, then im worried. Why such a DRAMATIC accusation at such a pivitol time.

this doesnt feel good either way!

israelinsider.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join