It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says They Tested A Nuclear Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If Iran had a nuke Isreal would be glowing.
They have said that they will nuke Isreal as soon as they have one.
They don't have one..

They are trying and will surley have one whithin the next several years

I think the article is propaganda from Isreal geared toward
keeping the US firmly behind them into the new presidency.

The other option is to give an excuse for them to airstrike Irans
nuclear facilities, which they have been threatening for several
years now.

In the end IMO Isreal is lying.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Gosh you talk #e dont you

Iran has never said they will nuke anyone - so prove youur point or crawl back under the mccain loving rock you came from

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
check out my edits at the bottom of the previous page

there's the latest i've found...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 31-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

I think this is a case of consider the source..a la Sadam has weapons of mass destruction..ok..PRETEXT for a pre emptive strike.. a nuclear blast has a characteristic seismic signature that sensors around the world would have noted. I call BS on this article and even if the report is accurate it is BLUSTER and wishful thinking. IRAN would have TRUMPETED the NEWS to let everyone know they were now nuclear capable. Sorry this is BS an all counts thats my two cents whats yours?

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well even if it was true.. there isn't any point in attacking them anymore.. those nukes would be hidden better than a stolen car, and can be used on Israel.

Too late.

So I guess there's no point in invading Iran now...

Too late!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Never too late. I say let Israel hit them and hit them with everything they got. Leave Iran a burning crater in the earth......Or not.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
First of all, let's choose an unbiased opinion once. What if Iran really doesn't have nuclear weapons, and really isn't working on nuclear weapons? Remember Saddams WMDs?

Ok, so now let's entertain the idea that maybe they do have the weapons already. I'd be willing to bet that IF they do have them, they aren't just laying down in a building somewhere. With all of the tension from accusations, and chest pumping going back and forth, I'd be willing to bet that they are on standby, ready to launch. If the Israelis were stupid enough to launch a missile attack, tell me those nukes wouldn't be airborne before any Israeli missiles found a target.

Personally, I think there's alot more to the story than what we are getting, and that it's a shipload of bs coming from the U.S. government.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The point of the article is that Iran has tested a nuclear weapon. They might not have a way to get it to Israel yet, but I know they would strike Israel the second they could get it from Iran to Israel. In this case, it might be put on an airplane and dropped over Israel, much like we did with Japan during the Second World War. There was no other way for us at the time to deliver it. And although Iran has missiles and missile technology, they may have a hard time figuring out how to fit a nuclear warhead on top of one of their missiles. Unless some unemployed scientists from Russia assist them. Which is always possible. As far as any Israeli airstrike on an Iranian facitlity that would store a rocket with a nuclear wartip on it, I do believe that if the Iranians had any inkling that the Israelis were about to hit it with an airstike, they would launch it immediately against Israel, thus defeating the purpose of the airstrike in the first place. That is, if the origional report in Israel Today is accurate. And I have no proof of that either way.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MBSCSDD

Shouldn`t the title of this thread be

"isreal news claims that isreal claims that an alleged iran official
claims that iran allegedly tested a nuclear bomb"............??????

huh?

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Israeli sources are by definiton BS sources . No garbage that comes out of Israel should be believed . The are the ones that gave us AIPAC , the Hollowcast (sic), and wars to protect this apartheid state . If there is any truth at all in this story , I congratulate the Iranian goverment for a great achievement .

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
yeah right poor Obama,that looser wouldn't know how to handle Iran's plan.bottom line Iran has a plan,and most of us don't know what it is

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
if iran detonated a nuclear bomb it would be picked up by 100's of satellites within minutes. russia usa uk germany japan china all have satellites that can detect emissions from tests like this.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mekanic

You stole my words.

Why would a senior Iranian run to Israel and tell them? Sounds like propaganda to me. Now Israel would believe they have the right to bomb Iran over "weapons of mass destruction".

Here we go again...

Originally posted by Wally Conley
In this case, it might be put on an airplane and dropped over Israel, much like we did with Japan during the Second World War.

I seriously doubt it could happen that way this day and age though. I don't think Israel would allow any suspicious aircraft from Iran over their airspace. Personally, if it did happen, I'd say someone would smuggle it into the country on the ground.

[edit on 2/11/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

They have said that they will nuke Isreal as soon as they have one.

They have?!

I musta missed that one...

Iran has godawful earthquakes all the time, they're like LA or SF that way...

If they had nukes, and had tested one, somehow I think the last people they would notify would be a Israeli tabloid

If Iran is intending to attack Israel with "two nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles", they must be feeling suicidal, as they must be quite aware that Israel has 200-300 nukes to retaliate with, and more than one means of delivering them to Iran.

I really wouldn't give this report much credit.

An unknown person "claiming" to be an Iranian scientist allegedly called an (at best) gullible Israeli reporter and said something dire without any corroboration.

I really won't lose too much sleep over this one

[edit on 11/3/08 by xmotex]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
they made this claim cause of oil prices... there breaking point is near $100 a barrel.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
First of all the thread title is misleading. Iran hasn't claimed that they tested a nuke, it was an insider leak.

Secondly, for all the people who don't believe that IRAN has the BOMB, you need to give your heads a shake. A nuclear bomb is actually quite simple to build in this day and age, if you have the right materials and knowledge. Iran has both the materials (from their nuclear program) AND the knowledge (supplied by the CIA and North Korea, China), so why wouldn't they build a bomb?

I can only imagine how scary it would be to have lived in Iran over tha last several years with the USA and Israel constantly threatening its destruction. Now its Israel's turn to # their pants.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
Now its Israel's turn to # their pants.

Iran doesn't have a nuclear bomb.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The country that concerns me the most if Saudi Arabia - they bought a full squadron of chinese IRBM`s , paid china to build the base for them - and teh IRBM`s they bought ARE nuclear armed in chinese service.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join