It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best prediction of all!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen unless all you people stop predicting...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow dude. That is like, the best prediction ever.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That sort of comment seems to come from someone that does not believe in prophesy, fate or destiny. Not to mention, there is a section just for predictions. For those that at least think that predcting the future is possible (ie: psychics, signs, prophesy), have a place to put together ideas, thoughts and interpretations to attempt to find the answers of what is to come or merely to see the signs of today.

One shouldn't tell someone else to stop doing something that they do not agree with. There are those that will say they know for sure that the future cannot be predicted and prove it - others will say they know for sure that the future can be predicted and will prove it. In the end, who is right or wrong - or is it not right nor wrong, but different. Could it be if you believe in death, you will die - if you believe in life, you will live.

If you think predictions are a waste of time, why read them.

Or...

Or could that comment come from someone that thinks that there are too many predictions - so many, in fact, that everyday for the next decade has a prediction laid upon it, and since it is written that we will not know the hour of our saviors return, God is up there saying "I can't come down! There is no window of opportunity for me to come. Any day I pick, someone will say they knew when I was coming and that would make me wrong."

If you think predictions are not a waste of time, recomment that someone predicts a day when nothing is going to happen.

Whew!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I knew that there would be someone who would misunderstand me. That's the reason why I said it like that in the first place.

I don't mean it in the way you said it, godservant. I mean it in the way that things happen when you least expect it. When you are surely not thinking of it at the moment. And this I've realised out of my own observation. Whenever something happens, it's virtually always totally different than what I viewed that was going to be the future.

For example, I'm "not" preparing myself for a relaxing day on the job. Thinking not much is going to happen when I reach there, and when I do reach on the job, all hell breaks loose, this computer isn't working that .
document isn't printing etc..

Or when you lose something, you most often find it in the place you least expect to, and often when you don't need it anymore.

On to something a little more touchy:

September 11th 2001, started as one of the most boring mornings that there was, untill the first plane hit. I've read cnn transcripts of what was going on at the office before and during the first plane crashing into the tower.

So I think, based on my own experiences and that of others, that when everyone stops predicting doomsday or terrorism scenario's (in a future tense) and starts prediction resolutions, same old same old, and general peace (in a future tense), then the banana spl!t will hit the fan.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Then I guess you are steering towards part 2 of my comment - after the "Or...". You didn't read the whole thing.

I do understand.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Something like that... Do you mean that as in parable (figurative) form??? Because there are different ways that someone can interpret what you said there.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i see what you are saying bandit...it makes sense...but still certain dates in history and numerology would make me believe that things are more likely to happen on certain dates vs others.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Could you explain further, worldwatcher??? I find that interesting...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wrote that before my coffee took effect.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well, I was actually talking to worldwatcher there... Sorry.. But it also applies to you, so stay away from the coffee!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
well take for example the number 19 and 114 in islam...both numbers are extremely important to them and the proof they say that their religion is right.. Also in Hinduism...there are certain days of the week considered more auspicious than others...due to numerology and astrology.. People tend to look at incidents occuring on those dates or days as perhaps divine intervention or that by performing a certain act on that particular date they will be more "blessed" or fruitful than if they had done it on another day.

I am not big into numerology...math and numbers was never my strong point...but I do feel that certain days, be it astrology (when planets and consellations are aligned) or numerology have affected how many people react or act on those days...and usually predictions (good ones) use both numerology and astrology to predict stuff.

sorry for rambling...i'm still getting over chaperoning 25 5 year olds for swim class this morning.

here's discussion on the number 19...
www.submission.org...

there's another thread about 4/19/04 by Rogert M
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
MMM.
did you predict this?
Or are you our to spite somebody?

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
MMM.
did you predict this?
Or are you our to spite somebody?

whose mmm and what he or she predict? and who is being spited???

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
whose mmm and what he or she predict? and who is being spited???

Not MMM
MMM.....

I was asking if he predicted this post or was he out to pis some of these people making predictions off.
It was kind of in a joking way.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nope, I was not to piss anyone off. Just wanted to show my views on predictions.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Nothing is going to happen unless all you people stop predicting...

He has a point... If no one predicts something... maybe it wont happen?? Dont jinx us please

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

I am not big into numerology...math and numbers was never my strong point...but I do feel that certain days, be it astrology (when planets and consellations are aligned) or numerology have affected how many people react or act on those days...and usually predictions (good ones) use both numerology and astrology to predict stuff.

I'm big into numerology. And I agree with you about dates as well. I'll make a prediction. I think hurricanes are more likely to strike this year on 8-29.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I would say the best prediction of all would be that Jesus Christ is coming back again.

John.14
[1] Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
[2] In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
[3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
yes nothing is going to happen only unless we have a real remove viewer, or someone who is in touch with seeing into the future. Let's look at what I just stated and the world - If you had that power I'm sure you'd keep it to yourself because it would be your own commen sense to not post anything predicting any event of the futurem because you would be spotted so fast by someone higher up and probably be forced to work for them for the rest of your known life. The end.

Edit: Higher up *government*

[edit on 8/26/2006 by xithilinx]

[edit on 8/26/2006 by xithilinx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join