It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft offers reward for missing Xbox gamer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FTHEREDLIST

My shortsighted friend, I never said you did, my reply was to PammyK

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
playing games like call of duty and gears of war for long periods of time definitely makes me more aggressive.

my main two xbox buddys both say they experience the same problem

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

I dont know what 'long periods of time' are as the phrase is relative. If I spend a couple of hours playing some online shooter/war type game I dont get 'aggressive.' I get PO'd from having to stay alert and twitchy while simultaneously listen to foul-mouthed 10 year olds shout obscenities and racist and comments.

If anything would drive a person to run away or commit a crime it wouldnt be a stupid game. It would be the barrage of garbage spilling from the mouths of the pre-pubescent half-tards in their ear for an extended period of time.

Playing anything online wears off on me real fast. How many hours can you spend running in circles with the right trigger pressed? For some, an endless amount.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
maybe by aggressive i mean quick tempered. long periods of time i talk about are 8 hours or more.

these games can be very addictive, especially call of duty which has a levelling system similar to world of warcraft.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not really all that stunning. It's good PR. It helps build up a reputation for the company and will be a good tax right off.

Nothing to see here (except that I hope they find the kid in good health).

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by satanUK
maybe by aggressive i mean quick tempered. long periods of time i talk about are 8 hours or more.

these games can be very addictive, especially call of duty which has a levelling system similar to world of warcraft.

satan just a question...........don't you think that after 8 hours of playing, with major concentration that you are mistaking tiredness and been grumpy for aggressiveness.

As for levelling systems, learn to realise that Rome was not built in a day, in other words what you cannot do today you can do or finish tomorrow.

Games are for enjoyment not torture, they are like the world we live in, some people will always be better than you no matter how hard or how long you try.

Wolfie

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by satanUK

Wow. 8 hours.

I think Wolfie is onto something. It's not the games fault your muscles are tight and your eyes burn if you catch my drift.

Maybe it's a vitamin D deficiency. Getting any sun?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
8 hours once or twice a week. whenever the gf visits her mum.

only time i get much time to myself

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by satanUK
8 hours once or twice a week. whenever the gf visits her mum.

only time i get much time to myself

Christ now I feel like Freud, are you a naturally high strung person and have to control yourself when the gf is around but let it all out when you get to play once or twice a week??

Please take this as a tongue in cheek reply and read it to yourself with a German tilt.

Wolfie

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

He has been gone for awhile so staying at a friends house seems less likely. what I like about online play now with the 360 is you can just go mute any foul mouthed punk while playing. It is amazing how young some of these kids are online playing games like this. Parents need to get a little tech savy and figure out what their kids are doing.

PS3 better huh? This is sure to start a war. I have both and as far as games and interface the PS3 has a long, long way to go. I'm hoping this so called cell technology finally shows itself but it hasn't happened yet.

Back on topic, I hope he makes it back.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i play it when the gf is there but i feel guilty, so dont play as long. i usually play the long sessions with friends from work

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

Parents need to come on by to Best Buy (wink wink, best buy employee here), so we can show them that they CAN set up parental controls to stop there kids from playing certain games. You can restrict your kids from watching R rated movies and M rated games without taking the system away. These gaming systems are like computers, and have many of the same functions now.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

My mistake, just re-read the OP and checked the dates, only two scenarios and neither are good unfortunately, either the parents are gonna be found guilty or someone else who is local.

Re: consoles, if it works and you enjoy what you play then all is good by me
Just a little banter keeps me smiling

Wolfie

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
hail hail the xbox, down with ps3

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was actually considering doing a Youtube tutorial on how easy the parental controls are to use on the Xbox 360. Things like this would make it seem important.

But a simple search, you can find out how.

www.youtube.com...

Something any parent with a 360 weilding child should watch.

edit: This just goes to show you, parents dont even have to be around to "moniter" their childrens gaming. What does that show us? Some parents aren't really concerned with being parents. Monitering/restricting what children play is so easy with these new systems, there is really no excuse for a 15 year old having the system taken away because one M RATED GAME (must be over 17).

[edit on 30-10-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

It's amazing how parents will just get their kid anything (or let their kid have anything) and not bother to see what its all about themselves.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thats the one reason I really do recommend people come to best buy. Most of the time, we will be more than happy to explain, in very simple detail, how to keep your kids from playing unwanted content.

They are kids, you are parents, it is important you know about these sorts of things. It is unfortunate that so many parents are handed a gaming system without any real information about them or the games that can be purchased with them.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My kids 15 an plays these games when he comes to stay with me, and he can be at it for hours on end, i wouldn't say he gets angry/violent after these sessions hes more prone to answering back or is this just because hes a 15 year old going through the same sh** we all did at that age.
back on subject i hope this kids alright and gets home safe.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

WELL the father but a reward for 25,000 and microsoft 50,000

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
we are on xbox live, and i play A LOT. So does my 10 year old.

he gets grounded from the xbox for screwing up all the time. Although lately we have been working through the new saints row 2, and haven't done a lot of online play, he is pretty well known among players of Skate, while i am fairly well known among GTA IV players.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join