It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe Americans Would Stand Up Against the US Military......

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Many threads like this one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

have been posted talking about combat or military units being assigned to Homeland duty. Many people believe that there is an ulterior motive besides helping out in case of an emergency. An emergency that for the most part could be broadly defined and questionable as to who really has the right to declare an emergency in any given situation. My problem with military units being used for homeland duty is that the majority, especially combat troops, are trained to kill not police people. I imagine their policing skills would be vulgar, harsh, and very intimidating.

Imagine an emergency being declared in your area because homeland security received information that your town was exposed to a possible deadly virus. Imagine US troops surrounding your town allowing no one to enter and no one to leave. Imagine them going door to door confiscating weapons and treating the people as a plague or as an enemy. Imagine what would happen if you tried to escape the area. Do you think they would arrest you or shoot you on sight? There are many scenarios like this scattered across ATS forums that causes concerns for alarm. With things changing at such a constant speed, people should pray but prepare for the worst. I really think that many of these scenarios could turn into reality overnight.

Not knowing what constitutes an emergency is scary enough, not knowing how the military will react is even scarier.

Someone once posted this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

asking if people believed that our military would not defend the American people. Now I want to ask a different question based on this thread and the homeland duty threads.

Do you believe that American citizens would stand up against the US military if the military used unjustified force against its own people?

I and I am sure many others would like to know if the citizens of this Great Nation are willing to defend what is right and wrong or have we just turned into a lot of complacent complainers. I look forward to some responses....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most people are sh*t scared, especially nowadays. I think america would only rebel, if the people with the mind control, want that. I think the situation is like that. They have probably done quite a bit of testing to see how far it can be done.

Tom hanks said it best, when he laughed on hardball once, about if the americans did not riot over the 2000 elections and tear down the country, what would cause them to riot.

Personally i think, if the people behind the scenes wanted it, americans could fight back, but thats only if the nwo wants it.

I think your country really is in that bad of shape.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I could write a lot of nonsense here concerning UN/USA/ETC

But in as few words possible -----> NO

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nope the average american would bend over and take it up the wazoo.. but me yeah ill fight it out.. sorry my property is my property, and besides I'd hope I'd be long gone before this went down in my area... and I would be at my bug out location.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

i could ramble on and on and probably make no sense, but

we'll find out soon enough!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can't speak for the American people, but I do have a question for the US Military. Would they actually be willing to turn against the American people if they knew it was wrong? Even if it mean against their families?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As I stated here...
(please read my post on this page, I feel that it answers your question completely, eventhough it is slightly out of context, it still holds true)
If Bush declares Martial Law, How can we stop him becomming a dictator?
"The citizens of this nation would revolt, riot, and burn this whole country to the ground if pressed far enough.
Don't believe it?
Look what happened during the L.A. riots when a jury acquitted four police officers accused in the videotaped beating of Rodney King. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict. Widespread looting, assault, arson, and murder occurred, and property damages totaled one billion dollars.
I think martial law is a little bit more serious than the Rodney King trial, and would be perceived that way by the citizens of the entire nation."

All it would take is for enough people to be pushed too far, from there we couldn't be stopped.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
As I stated here...
If Bush declares Martial Law, How can we stop him becomming a dictator?
"The citizens of this nation would revolt, riot, and burn this whole country to the ground if pressed far enough.
Don't believe it?
Look what happened during the L.A. riots when a jury acquitted four police officers accused in the videotaped beating of Rodney King. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict. Widespread looting, assault, arson, and murder occurred, and property damages totaled one billion dollars.
I think martial law is a little bit more serious than the Rodney King trial, and would be perceived that way by the citizens of the entire nation."

All it would take is for enough people to be pushed too far, from there we couldn't be stopped.

Pushed too far??

Hmmm.. Try taking every law, legislation, reforms, etc that have been passed in the past 100 years..

Now imagine if TPTB, passed all of these laws/reforms all in one day. Would that make people revolt, HELL YES.

But if you do it over 100 years will they? HELL NO.

They are smart, oh yes

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

To directly answer that question:

HELL NO.

I'm a soldier and I would directly go against any order to harm my friends and family in the states.

That being said - I would expect someone to stand up if any of the soldiers in the Army used illegal or unjustified force to deal with them. It's wrong.

We're people, too. Believe me. Not "NWO drones."

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
if us military troops ever fire upon american people or start harassement policies because of un orders or nwo orders, or presidential orders i would have no problem resisting to the fullest extent! we have enough policing agency's with state,county and local authorities.if a us serviceman is ever ordered to do such a thing then he as a citizen should take off his uniform and become an american and fight the us military also, if not sorry about his luck!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

That is what I thought.

Thank you for responding!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
I can't speak for the American people, but I do have a question for the US Military. Would they actually be willing to turn against the American people if they knew it was wrong? Even if it mean against their families?

No, the US military would never turn against their own people. This I know for a fact.

If someone came around pretending to have the authority to ORDER a military person to turn against his family, I think that person would live to regret it;

I see the direction of the question. The Serpent is not physically powerful enough to conquer the free people of the West, It knows they will fight.

But the Serpent is crafty, especially with its tricky words and logic games. While Adam is just a powerful brute.

Well the serpent has met its end and will be destroyed in short order, I suppose it hasn't told you about the catastrophic loses it has sustained over the last three years?

I know noone will understand what I am talking about, so don't sweat it.
The US Military will never turn on those they protect. They would much rather kill the enemy.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I would say that it depends on the situation at hand. Quarintine rules are fairly straightforward. By sheltering in place, you stop the spread of the outbreak. Natural disasters like Katrina, we see how that went already.

Now if the situation was a coup of one faction of the government or a military coup, then we might indeed stand up for ourselves as the Civil War has shown. Invasion by another country...oh say like China repo-ing a few states with the US governmnt compliance would see quite a few people doing more than jamming their Congressmen's phone lines and email accounts.

So mark me down as a strong maybe. In some cases yes, but mostly a no if it was a warrented situation.

link   
reply to post by bruxfain

I don't know about all that Serpent stuff - but KUDOS to you and your post. Even though we're trained to fight and kill the enemy of the US - I think about 99% of the Army would turn on the leadership of the country if they ordered us to start doing that within our own borders.

Laws be damned.

We're here to protect you and your families as well as OUR families. So - rest assured, the US military isn't going to become the US enemy anytime soon.

There'll be no supporting an "Order 66".

link   
reply to post by bruxfain

Awesome!

We need to hear that. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think he'd be the one that would need the luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I can only hope that my fellow countrymen would stand up for themselves... i still have that hope but it's dwindelling away, slowly, but surely.

I can for certain speak for my self as i have in many other threads that share the similar topic... I'm not scared of a fight, and i will do whats necesarry to protect the ones i love. Revolution is our right as free men and women. If it comes to that then hopefully i won't be the only one standing there with a gun facing off a platoon of US soldiers. I'd hate to take the life of one of my brothers, one of my American brothers. But if they have guns pointed at me and my family, then i really have no problems with pulling the trigger.... AND NEITHER DO THEY!

You have to understand that if martial law comes to fruition and there really are soldiers on our streets, they will do what they are trained to do... thats to kill, or to imprison. The common man doesnt have this training. BUT, there is a saying that i like to hold on to. I forget who said it but i'm pretty sure it was some one from ancient Rome.... "One common man protecting his home and family is more dangerous that 10 fully trained soldiers"-Unknown

Once those soldiers start hitting our streets and trying to take our guns... well we'll see how bloody it gets. I have no problem dying to prove my point. WE ARE FREE, and i got no problem facing the barrel of a gun to exercise my freedom.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Look at it this way, we would never have to lift a finger as I see it.
The president is surrounded by marines.
Those marines have families and friends.
Put yourself in their shoes.
You're standing feet from the same president who just ordered military action against the U.S. citizens. (including your family and friends)
You can...
A. Follow those orders and say bye bye to everyone you know, and your entire way of life.
B. End it all with one 7.62 round.

What would you do?
As I said, I don't believe it would ever come to civilian Vs. (U.S.) soldier.
They took an oath to defend us FROM our government if the need ever arised.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Reply To: W3RLIED2

You have to know it won't come to that. We're not your enemy and even though I'm a Staff Sgt - I wouldn't order my guys to attack any American family on American soil at ANY time - - UNLESS we were provoked (people grabbing my weapon, attacking my soldiers first, etc.) For some reason this video plays over in my mind I saw in a college course once of this protest in the sixties where this idiot was latched on to some trooper's rifle, and the trooper was swinging around in a circle trying to hold on to that gun.

LOL - that trooper was a better man than I... the barrel was pointed at the protester while they were latched on.

I won't directly attack any American for no reason - but YOU aren't getting MY weapon.

So I guess it boils down to - we won't attack unless provoked, even then the majority of us would try to withdraw or try our damndest to find a less than lethal means of dealing with the situation. But you have to understand that the Army is not out to get/kill/hurt any of the American citizens at all. Someone in a previous post said we should take off our uniforms and "BECOME American citizens" if a situation like this came up.... brother - we ARE American citizens, just like you.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

A star for you!

You are absolutely right. We uphold the constitution and part of my creed is to defend the American people and the American way of life.

Not "defend the leader."

I've never heard that mentioned once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join