It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1st and "Homeland Tours" NO DEPLOYMENT OCCURED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
With all this hubbub about the 3rd BCT in Stewart getting pre-designated to respond to a crisis, I can't help but feel perplexed that people continue to believe a unit was deployed. They were not. They're at home in Stewart, probably sitting around in regular clothes drinking beer and watching football right now.

1- They were appointed to respond in case something breaks out. Something breaks out almost every year, whether it be a tornado wiping out a town in Kansas (remember that?), wildfires in California (annually), or floods, units are always called upon to respond and supporty local authorities.

2- The National Guard that usually does this has been tasked to help the Regular Army out with it's mission- specifically overseas. So, in return, the Regular Army has been tasked to help out the National Guard. 3rd BCT is doing this by being designated as the unit to respond.

3- Units have always responded, for years upon years. If you're taking this as a sign of the doomsday that a unit has been pre-designated this year instead of chosen on a case by base basis, you should keep looking for the "next" sign, cause this one isn't gonna pan out.

That's it, just wanted to clear things up.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

Homeland tours is just a pretty way of saying deployment.

www.inteldaily.com...
www.armytimes.com...

The National Guard is available for any homeland problems. I find the timing curious.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Except they didn't "deploy", they're at home just as any other unit in the US is. And the National Guard is NOT available across the board, as the tornado I mentioned exhibits.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I am a veteran. But this is the first time a unit has been solely designated to NORTHCOM. Now I could understand a transportation unit, Medical unit, logistics, but this is a battle tested combat unit use to fighting insurgents in an urban environments. This is what scares me. I have a huge issue with units being tasked to the US soil. This is the same type of force used by the Soviets. The Soviets had a regular army tasked with operations outside the USSR. The Soviets also had an internal security force used to suppress civil unrest. The internal security forces were draw from area away from the Area of Operation. This makes it easier for the troops to quell civil unrest when they would not have any relation to the public.

With the suspension of Posse Comitatus and all the new executive orders I hope all are wary of a unit tasked with operation here in the US. I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why do you suppose Bush deployed so many National Guard into Iraq? I found that also curious. How many wars has the National Guard been deployed in the numbers they have this time?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Want to hear a really scary thought our friend was here on leave supposed to be three months he was here 3 weeks got a call and packed up couldnt tell us what was going on but said they couldnt stop women from talking will try and find out whats up because they didnt leave the USA one part he was allowed to tell us....

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The fact that these troops are under the orders of North Com (a little Cheney act) bothers me A LOT. I think Senator Leahey is also concerned. The link is a scary read.
www.progressive.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The National Guard didn't deploy in previous wars because there was a draft.

And Jasestrong, it's a BCT, so there are transportation and medical units organic within it. It's the whole kit and kaboodle. Instead of alerting a transportation bn and a medical bn that have never worked together, for example.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
SuperViking...from looking at your posts it seems you have a singular interest here at ATS. Are you active military?

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
The National Guard didn't deploy in previous wars because there was a draft.

And Jasestrong, it's a BCT, so there are transportation and medical units organic within it. It's the whole kit and kaboodle. Instead of alerting a transportation bn and a medical bn that have never worked together, for example.

You are right SuperViking, but those Organic units like medical and transportation are tasked to the trigger pullers of the combat teams. And those support elements would have a hard time supporting any other elements or citizens. Again I really could care less if this unit has some support elements, the government has reassigned a COMBAT unit tasked to operations on US soil, think about that, does that sound right. Now here are some of the types of soldiers in a combat team, Infantry, Infantry/Mortar, Infantry/Anti Armor, Artillery, and Armor. Here is a link to the unit and it has a break down of the structure of the unit:

www.stewart.army.mil...

I am sure there is a humane and legal use for M1 tanks and field artillery on US citizens here in the US. We should ask all the Chinese protesters and their views on tanks being used on unarmed citizens for domestic crowd control.

I am scared because this goes against everything America was founded on. I will stand by the constitution till my demise; I would never sacrifice my liberties for my safety. I have the second amendment to protect myself. The second amendment has worked for me for 36 years.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking

2- The National Guard that usually does this has been tasked to help the Regular Army out with it's mission- specifically overseas. So, in return, the Regular Army has been tasked to help out the National Guard. 3rd BCT is doing this by being designated as the unit to respond.

So, we have deployed the National Guard to Iraq to do regular Army work.... which leaves us short handed at home in case of emergency......so the logical next step would be to pull regular Army units home to perform the job that is supposed to be done by the National Guard?

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They're not pulling regular army units to go home- if you read the article it clearly says it's during normal dwell time for units that have already returned, before they go back.

It DOES make perfect sense.

And yes, I'm military, and this is the one "conspiracy" that clearly makes the least amount of sense but is believed by the most here. It's mind-numbing to see how many people can be willfully ignorant about this. Going so far as to continually say the unit is "deployed". I mean, be serious.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You don't find it weird that we have national guard folks to protect the home land and this "northcom" (created under bush/cheney) is now active on USA soul. This is not even legal under the constitution, and you saying it makes sense.. The national guard should have never been sent to Iraq, and normal military active on USA soil is a outrage, even if there sitting back chugging beers not doing anything, if there active on USA soil that's a HUGE no no.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

mis-information

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry to have to stick a fly in your disinfo here but they have deployed!!!!
The mayor of oakland was on our local news and said" the ARMY and NATIONAL GUARD are here set up and ready,for any riots or severe civil unrest as a result of the coming elections." "We had a terrible time with the riots after the raiders lost last year and it wont be happening again."They are also setting up all over the bay area to quickly stop any form of civil unrest.
SOOOOO SORRY YOU ARE WRONG!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
The national guard should have never been sent to Iraq, and normal military active on USA soil is a outrage, even if there sitting back chugging beers not doing anything, if there active on USA soil that's a HUGE no no.

Where do you think the Regular Army goes when they're not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

link   

The national guard should have never been sent to Iraq, and normal military active on USA soil is a outrage, even if there sitting back chugging beers not doing anything, if there active on USA soil that's a HUGE no no.

Where do you think the Regular Army goes when they're not in Iraq or Afghanistan?

link   

link   

link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join