It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe Americans Would Stand Up Against the US Military......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is a no-brainer. Every single person who joins the military swears to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Now it is clearly unconstitutional for the military to use force of arms against the very people they are dedicated to protect.

Assume the worst. Barack Hussein Obama faces a crisis, loses his nerve, the country turns against him, and he orders the military to restore order, including the use of deadly force.

That will be the day that Hussein assumes ambient temperature. From the military.

This question assumes that soldiers, who are Americans, would turn their weapons on Americans, who they are in station to preserve. No ****ing way! Every soldier would know that if he follows such an order, other soldiers would be following such an order somewhere else against his family. You may as well ask our military to stick the barrels of their weapons in their mouths and pull the trigger!

I also have heard nuts of this NWO suggesting such a scenario. Hell, the European Union can barely agree on anything! And suddenly we're all supposed to jump in and agree on something?

Not in this time/space plane.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Then the question becomes who would uphold the law and arrest, for instance, the president. I would expect the congress to be duped into allowing such an action to take place.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You ask a good question. Remember the Marine Corp or Navy is not specifically mentioned nor the word military. A president could easily interpret this to mean a green light for the Marines. I also have the feeling that Homeland security has already studied this law and have already found away around it. Still looking for that evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think any soldier would ever act against the american people, under any circumstances.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

i dunno about "proof", but heres a link:

www.heyokamagazine.com...

it would have to be foreign (UN) troops. as its been mentioned, it would cause dissent within our own military, and its unconstitutional.

[edit on 28/10/2008 by gravykraken]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I would expect the congress to be duped into allowing such an action to take place.

seems like Congress doesn't have to be duped....

In addition to statutory exceptions concerning providing civil law enforcement with assistance, Congress has also enacted legislation providing for exceptions during times of civil disturbance (10 USC 331, 10 USC 332). The regulations promulgated under these statutes provide for the protection of federal property and government functions, and authorizes the use of the military in states of emergency when civil authorities are unable to control the situation (32 CFR 215.1-.10). Additional legislation has been enacted covering instances when nuclear material is involved in an emergency (18 USC 831(e)).

source

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well, let's just say that our senators and congressmen after such an act could never return to their homes.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You got that right.

They would have to have gonads the size of Texas to show their face.

Although I wonder how many of them would be willing to speak out about using the military in the homeland.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
In my opinion American people, as all other people in the world, would stand up against its own government and/or army only if their bellies are empty (to put it straight, no food and basic needs).

If I'm not wrong, most of the revolutions/uprising have been driven by that.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The thing is, it's easy to manipulate people. Look at how easily Hitler and his guard moved that nation into a completely surreal scenario. Look how few actually actively resisted. As long as they promise that your own family will be safe if you x, y and z for them, there are no bounds to what people will do.

Look, it's a simple matter of convincing soldiers that it's an Us vs Them situation. Divide and conquer. Done and everybody (left alive) can go home.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
No. Absolutely not. We are completely paralyzed in fear of it. That's why we are so apathetic to the blatant corruption of the Government.

The Public is terrified of their automatic guns, their tanks and fighter jets, their bombs and missiles. NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS!!!! Why would they use nukes? They wouldn't. But the fear of it is very real.

The US Government invests heavily in their Military, I believe, primarily to defend against their People and not against foreign enemy. It's a preemptive strategy. It's about fear.

This is why the Revolution cannot come in the form of a violent opposition.

Peace out.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
laws have already been passed to allow canadian troops to occupy american soil during civil unrest,and help restore order. they being from another country might not have a problem killing people.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bruxfain

I think I have a pretty good idea what you are talking about brux.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

No, the US military would never turn against their own people. This I know for a fact

Interesting...

Could you explain why you know this as a fact?

Somehow I think bruxfain is going to keep his own council for now but when you have any number of honourable ex servicemen/women looking for another way to serve their country HONOURABLY , there is an alternative 'force'.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

Originally posted by BindareDundat
I can't speak for the American people, but I do have a question for the US Military. Would they actually be willing to turn against the American people if they knew it was wrong? Even if it mean against their families?

No, the US military would never turn against their own people. This I know for a fact.

If someone came around pretending to have the authority to ORDER a military person to turn against his family, I think that person would live to regret it;

I see the direction of the question. The Serpent is not physically powerful enough to conquer the free people of the West, It knows they will fight.

But the Serpent is crafty, especially with its tricky words and logic games. While Adam is just a powerful brute.

Well the serpent has met its end and will be destroyed in short order, I suppose it hasn't told you about the catastrophic loses it has sustained over the last three years?

I know noone will understand what I am talking about, so don't sweat it.
The US Military will never turn on those they protect. They would much rather kill the enemy.

BRUXFAIN ! Thats a pretty blatant statement from where I am standing . And I LIKE IT . Is there anyway I can prod you in to being a little more 'cryptic ' ?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
you want to change something? wait till the first day of congressional session. take a hundred to two hundred people and walk into the building. chain the doors behind you and lock in. 2 hundred stinking people should motivate the congress to work. last time i checked we still had the right to observe our government...and federal property, such as the Congressional building is PUBLIC property. meaning you wouldn't have to leave. No curfew that i'm aware of either

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
theyll find someway to suddenly make it illegal or blow it out of proportion into a hostage situation (which chaining the doors shut would turn it into that) in short. look at it this way in military training they break you and teach you how to "handle combat stress" by the time your done, your not the same, no one is. there are those that have strong wills but when you think about it. everyone is welcome in our armed forces now. for some people its the only option to be able to put food on the table.

if your trained to take orders that is what you will do. youwill worry about your family, and friends. and theywill give promises of saftey, but in the end they will spin some "shot by looters" crap.

the only way the government could opress the people iswith another countrys army. and im sorry even if their "renting" un, canadian, or any other countries armed forces, those soldiers are trained to take orders, its all well and good for the government until they realize that theyve just let a foreign army occupy our cities and towns, eliminate all the hostiles and take over. because like isaid there trained to take orders, the minute they have control of the population, they will follow their countrys orders and take over ours

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

No, the US military would never turn against their own people. This I know for a fact

Interesting...

Could you explain why you know this as a fact?

Well, for me this scenario/test already arose 3 years ago...

It was November 2005 when 'something' tried to send me against my wife and daughters. It appeared that they had betrayed me to death; in some regards, they had.

As I suffered from this condition, the knowledge that I had been betrayed, I became able to look into the hearts of man and beast and I came to understand their plans. They brought war to me and I fought with them, but they could not overcome me. I had always been a tough guy, but it was then that I truly learned to live without fear and to make war without weapons. When you join the enemy in combat, the truth is revealed.

The birth of my first Son two months ago confirmed for me the correctness of every thought and action I have ever had or taken. Every time I feed him formula or cover him with a blanket, I know I am never wrong about anything.

So, I know that from the spiritual perspective the question that began this thread could be re-worded to ask...

Do you believe American wives and children will stand-up to their husbands and fathers?

or Do you believe that Husbands and Fathers will harm their families?

This is the true goal of the enemy of America; to turn the man into a violent criminal who murders his family, like they did to Hercules, so that both he and his family can be destroyed and their wealth plundered. Maybe the man can become addicted to drugs, alcohol or develop a sexual dysfunction. They take what they can get and if the military turns against its people, this is what has happened in fact within the American household. Because I don't have any of these problems, I know the answer to the OPs question.

So when I say for a FACT...I say it because I already know what the enemy is up to, as I have seen its plans. And I will wait until the stars burn from the sky to track it down and give to it what it wanted for me.

Fighting with these people who I have been with for 37 years is not on the to-do list, I don't care what they did!

But waiting patiently for my opportunity to destroy my enemy once and for all time is my only purpose right now.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dytch

I'll forgo the comments about the spelling because of your computer's apparent keyboard issue you mention.

In basic training, we are trained to become soldiers and work as a team. We are not "trained to follow orders". We are "required" to follow orders as part of our job and through the Uniform Code of Military Justice - UCMJ, but we are not "trained, read: PROGRAMMED" to blindly follow orders.

I would be hard pressed to believe the Canadian military is either.

As for a foreign military on our own soil.
I'd like to see a gang of Canadian soldiers try to stand up to my friends in the 4th ID or the 82nd.... please.

Foreign take over my ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join