It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Stunner - Obama Down To 2% Lead Nationally!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmmm, interesting poll

UPI had them close last week at 47-48% east coast region now the Gallop poll show the race just might be tightening up!

Gallup Stunner - Obama Down To 2% Lead Nationally!

Even Gallup’s fanciful ‘Extended’ turnout model took a huge dip. The electorate is giving me gray hairs, but they seem to finally be coming home (thanks Obama, for giving your ‘closing argument’ yesterday).

I think Americans are really irritated with the Political Industrial Complex declaring the race over and selecting Obama (see here) or it was the fact the French President called Obama naive on Iraq, or it could be the wrath of problems with voter registration, but Obama is slipping.

My guess - Obama blew it with his wealth redistribution comments, which begins with the government confiscating ‘wealth’ to hand out. Obama may have stumbled horribly here in the final stretch, and people are starting to realize how bad this guy really is. I like what one caller said this morning (on I think was Bill Bennett’s show). He compared Obama’s redistribution of wealth to school grades, where you work hard to make A’s but end up with a B or C because someone who did not apply themselves needed a boost. A great and simple analogy to what is wrong with Obama.

Barrack has closed his argument with America a week too soon it seems.

strata-sphere.com...

Mod Edit: Please review the following.

No divisive rhetoric that focuses on the "other side" of the political spectrum will be tolerated. Ignorance thrives on blame. Ignorance is fueled by hate. We deny it.

A Call To Action: Ending The Political Game on ATS

[edit on 28-10-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To be fair it was alwyas going to be close no matter what the polls are saying.
As for Obama's redistribution of wealth ideas, what's wrong with that? It would help the majority of Americans who post on here. Why are so many Americans so anti welfare?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gallup, never really that accurate of a poll. Their polling methods are flawed.

They also said Ron Paul would get like 30% of the vote in the republican primaries. Lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Why are so many Americans so anti welfare?

Welfare is temporarily relief to the symptoms, not a cure for the disease.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
To be fair it was alwyas going to be close no matter what the polls are saying.
As for Obama's redistribution of wealth ideas, what's wrong with that? It would help the majority of Americans who post on here. Why are so many Americans so anti welfare?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

Welfare was and is a great idea. But it was never intended to be a permanent form of income. However, that is exactly how it's being used by some, ruined by people abusing it due to their own laziness to get a job or just outright greed.

The bottom line is the middle class ends up supporting those on welfare, just as we end up supporting those in prison. The middle class has been fed up with this for a very long time. That's why so many Americans are so anti-welfare.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

The tracking polls all have it relatively close. Zogby has it at 4, as does IBD. Rasmussen has it at 5, plus, McCain has closed the gap considerably in several of their battleground state polls.

McCain seems to be gaining a bit of momentum at the right time. Whether it'll be enough remains to be seen.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
good grief. here are all the national polls

National Rasmussen Reports Obama 51, McCain 46 Obama +5
National Gallup (Traditional)* Obama 49, McCain 47 Obama +2
National Gallup (Expanded)* Obama 51, McCain 44 Obama +7
National Diageo/Hotline Obama 50, McCain 42 Obama +8
National Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby Obama 49, McCain 45 Obama +4
National ABC News/Wash Post Obama 52, McCain 45 Obama +7

one poll out of seven has it at 2. so once again, someone takes a tiny bit of information and turns it around to a headline that tries to serve their agenda.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Their expanded polling still has him at 51 with McCain at 44.

FiveThirtyEight has said that if national polls are "tightening" it's not showing up on the state level.

Rasmussen still has Obama at 51.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Maybe SIRR1 is Matt Drudge.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by davion]

link   
I could use one poll to serve a purpose too..

hows this doosey

National Pew Research Obama 53, McCain 38 Obama +15

Newest polls in. Obama winning by a landslide margin. but I dont, cause im smarter than that.

link   
double post

[edit on 28-10-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No reason to be shocked. As stated already, these polls really aren't all that accurate. The only poll you should pay attention to is the one on November 4th. And we might have issues with that one...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The reason so many americans are against welfare is that the wealthy elite has tricked them into thinking that the poor and lazy are where most government donations go. They dont realize that the rich get massively more welfare than the poor, but then the rich need it more to support their million dollar mansions and yachts. Also, most americans want to believe that you get what you work for, and so the poor must deserve their situation, rather than understanding that futility and depression imposed by the system are the true reasons for the laziness and addictive behaviors they attribute to the lower class, the laconic behavior that is a direct result of no opportunity and a debtor system. They dont realize that the true state of a healthy human whose needs are met is CREATIVITY, but you cant get to this point when you are constantly struggling just to fulfill the bottom tiers of maslow's hierarchy of needs. True subsistence welfare, which would be education, health, and necessities provided for all, would lead the greatest majority of these "poor" to the path to self actualization, but that is a term that most americans dont understand, for even the wealthy in our country live only to consume conspicuously, inflate their egos, and sate their gluttenous id.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think everyone knows someone who is abusing the welfare system. I am talking about intelligent individuals who work hard to obtain every kind of benefit, all the while, earning "cash under the table" in jobs like waitressing or construction. Their holy grail is to get on social security disability. They will try to get on it with one ailment after another until our system eventually gives in. Of course, when they prevail, they get a fat "backpay" check of ten of thousands of dollars.

These individuals. whether or not, they get on disability, have learned not to get married. In this way, as long as they have kids, they get subsidized housing, food stamps, reduced utilities, free internet, phones, braces for their kids, etc. etc. They don't pay co-pays at the doctor or have to file bankruptcy due to medical bills.

Also, as long as they earn a few bucks, they get fat "earned income credit checks often as much as $5000 to $8000 to spend anything they desire.

I know their standard of living is not as great as college educated hard working individuals who get up every single day and go to work day after day year after year. However, these hard working individuals work all their lives to save enough to retire to a rocking chair on their porch.

Wait a minute. Isn't that what all the folks who are abusing the system are doing already? Yep. They are living in retirement all their lives.

If we don't start demanding personal responsibility and change our system from hand outs to hand ups, we're all going to be in the poor house.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Do you have the margin of error on that poll?

I'm always skeptical of polls... they can be manipulated so easily to reflect one view or the other...

I don't know, maybe I'm too skeptical sometimes :p

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm confused... Your link shows Obama ahead by 2.

PRINCETON, NJ -- The gap between Barack Obama and John McCain in Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Saturday through Monday has narrowed slightly, and Obama is now at 49% of the vote to 47% for McCain among likely voters using Gallup's traditional model, and at 51% to 44% using Gallup's expanded model.

Race Narrows

And I fully expect the national polls to close during the next week. They always do.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The title says down to 2% LEAD. But that doesn't take into account the margin of error. Could be higher. Could be lower.

Funny how the Gallup poll suddenly became more tight. I'm guessing that when the election is won by a razor thin margin and their polls showed Obama with a 10-18% lead, it would seriously harm their credibility, which means everything if you're a statistics company.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think he meant he was down to a 2% lead, as opposed to being down 2%...

not a one liner

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

The margin of error in Gallup's polling, at least for their 'traditional' method, is 3%.

Link

Its at the bottom of the page.

Incidentally, Rasmussen's tracking poll out today also has the race narrowing. Obama has only a 3% lead in his poll now.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The title says down to 2% LEAD.

Ack! I can't read!
Thanks.

Funny how the Gallup poll suddenly became more tight.

Not really. They ALWAYS tighten up at the end of an election as the "undecideds" pick their choice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join