It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urges Voters to Take Day Off From Work to Help Campaign on Election Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

elections.foxnews.com

A new 30-second spot on Barack Obama's Web site is urging voters to "talk to your boss" or professor and then take the day off from work or school to volunteer for his campaign on Election Day.

The "Take the Day" campaign suggests voters sign up to go to battleground states or work in phone banks closer to home on Nov. 4, when they would normally be at work or in class.

"We can't win this election unless every Obama supporter gets out and votes on November 4th. To do that, we need a massive team of volunteers helping us. Can you take next Tuesday off from work, join the final push, and make sure that everyone who supports Barack turns out to vote?" asks the Web page hosting the ad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I do believe people who still have a job wont be taking the day off !
Oh yeah thats right if everyone is off work they can get an even larger group of people to go nuts when one party or the other starts to come out ahead.
Suggesting where people should go to do this alone makes me wonder what his real agenda is. Why go to battle ground states if you dont even live there?

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Are we going to have a BREAKING NEWS thread on every campaign ad for the next 10 days?

It's just an ad, asking for volunteers. It's getting a little much to have to read about some sinister reason for everything Obama does. Paranoia much?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

elections.foxnews.com

The "Take the Day" campaign suggests voters sign up to go to battleground states or work in phone banks closer to home on Nov. 4, when they would normally be at work or in class.

I can't believe he gets away with this! Is he gonna do what his friend Odingo did when he lost and call for riots as well. These people need to stay in their own state and vote and quit trying to intimidate voters from another state.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Are we going to have a BREAKING NEWS thread on every campaign ad for the next 10 days?

It's just an ad, asking for volunteers. It's getting a little much to have to read about some sinister reason for everything Obama does. Paranoia much?

Yeah just an ad asking people to !GO TO BATTLE GROUND STATES!, Like my question states why leave and go somewhere you dont live in the first place, shouldnt we be at HOME in our own states voting?
And I dont believe in "paranoia" it only leads to people who dont think for themselves, but allow others to do it for them.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Suggesting where people should go to do this alone makes me wonder what his real agenda is.

I believe his agenda is to win the election.
You don't need to wonder about that.

Why go to battle ground states if you dont even live there?

Maybe to give someone a ride to the polls? I've seen people in my state from the next state over here to help wherever they are needed. What's wrong with helping people in your neighboring state if they need it?

Originally posted by ohioriver
I can't believe he gets away with this!

Gets away with what? Making suggestions?
What's the problem?

These people need to stay in their own state and vote and quit trying to intimidate voters from another state.

I don't think anyone called for intimidation. He's just suggesting we help each other if needed...

Jeez! It's been a long time since we were encouraged in this country to help each other... to reach out and give of ourselves. We've gotten used to just staying in our homes and taking care of number one - ourselves - and letting everyone else take care of themselves. I hope this is a sign of the change that is coming.

I'll be glad to go out on election day and volunteer to drive people to the polls. And I don't care who they're voting for... It's the friendly and neighborly thing to do.

I honestly don't understand the resistance to this idea of helping those who need it... :shk:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well that should help boost the economy Barry!

How can you take their money if they aren't working for it?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"I'll be glad to go out on election day and volunteer to drive people to the polls. And I don't care who they're voting for... It's the friendly and neighborly thing to do."

That's all well and good to help people, but I don't think any state needs extremists from one state trying to influence other states outcomes. And yes, I do believe they are extremists. We have enough of a problem with ACORN.

top topics

join