It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers may have found King Solomon's Mines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Researchers may have found King Solomon's Mines

edition.cnn.com

Archaeologists believe a desert site in Jordan may contain the ruins of the elusive King Solomon's Mines.

Researchers using carbon dating techniques at Khirbat en-Nahas in southern Jordan discovered that copper production took place there around the time King Solomon is said to have ruled the Israelites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 28/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
According to the article, it's not definite, however it's very interesting nonetheless. Evidently the findings were reported in this week's issue of 'Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.' If the research is accurate, then this is indeed one epic find. All my life I've heard stories of Solomon's Mines - as well as books, movies, games, etc.

I wonder if the real thing can live up to the legend?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I love how CNN is just dying to post some news so they post a 2 paragraph story saying "Hey, this might have happened."

That'd be like turning on the television and seeing a local news anchor say "Something you may have heard of once might have happened at one point in time. And that's the news! Goodbye, everyone!"

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well there's more than 2 paragraph's in the CNN article -- anyway I agree, I would like a little more definitive proof before claims like this are made.

Here's the actual abstract of the research cited in the CNN article:

www.pnas.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ok, instead of 2 paragraphs it's like 10 one-sentence paragraphs. Ya got me there...

But hey, at least if it's true it means that there are still things in the world that can be discovered. And here I was thinking that the world had shrunk to one condensed place where every bit of land had been discovered, catalogued, and colonized.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

You seem to me like the type of person who wouldn't believe something unless it dug it's own way out of the sand and slapped you in the head.

Sometimes the unknown requires a leap of faith in order to determine it's true origins.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
And sometimes a leap of faith ends in a painful death while stuck in a tiger trap. Faith is a concept far too abstract to place faith in, especially when combined with topics of speculation such as archaeology of ancient, mythical places.

I suppose I'll make that leap of faith to Atlantis next...hope I don't get too wet when I fall in the ocean looking for it.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Sacreligion]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Whatever you are on, I want some.

Faith is a concept far too abstract to place faith in

What the hell is that meant to mean? I would almost call it a contradiction in terms but I kind of get lost attempting to classify it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It means that Faith is meant for those who want to believe something but can't find the proof. The mind sees what it wants to see as opposed to seeing what is in plain sight. The double use of the word in that sentence was quite intentional, as faith is something that by definition requires faith. I see that as a double negative, you apparently see it as a double positive.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have always been interested in archeology ever since I was young There is so much we can learn from archeology but unfortunately not all thefacts are shared with us. However this is still intriguing indeed.

Apparently all the papers are running this story today, it wil be interesting to see how it is written and received.

For those who are interested Heres some information on King Solomon Mines

[edit on 28-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Aside from random thoughts on faith, semantics, tiger traps...

I'll be interested to see how this plays out as well. I wouldn't mind having a look at the actual research paper, but they're charging for it...so it's pretty much a given that the info in the abstract is all that will be released until they're able to research the site further.

This might one of those things we never get to the bottom of. It's so far been nearly 3000 years - I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait a few more to prove its existence.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If this is indeed Solomon's Mines it seems to add a little more credibility to the historic side of the bible. I'm excited to learn more.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
here's a better report on the recent controversial 'find'

www.physorg.com...

the Edom site in Jordan has been a focal point for some number of years...
but has ultimately been discarded as Solomons mines after further scruitiny & deliberations...

i think what's needed are actual metals from the Solomon era so that the composition of the metals can be compared with the trace elements found at the Jordan sites...

i think that would be possible on a nuclear level, possible with modern forensic science

Legends are always interesting

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Cool they're talking about this now on Coast to Coast. Glenn Kimball is evidently the guest.

Also here's the story from The Telegraph in the UK.

[edit on 29/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The first thing that occurs to me here is that the fabled mines of King Solomon were gold mines, and that these mines in Jordan were copper mines. Now Solomon probably had copper mines too, and these would fall under his sphere of influence, but when people talk of the fabled ‘King Solomon’s mines’ they’re not talking about copper. Now why would the PTB want us to be thinking of King Solomon right now?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's not King Solomons mines

Everything indicates they were quite a distance, and Gold as stated above

Africa is the most realistic location

he might have had some mines... but these weren't the wealth generators

although if they were his, Clues to the mother load may very well exist in them

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Whatever you are on, I want some.

Faith is a concept far too abstract to place faith in

What the hell is that meant to mean? I would almost call it a contradiction in terms but I kind of get lost attempting to classify it.

I think it's genius!

top topics

join