It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman buys foreclosed home for stranger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Woman buys foreclosed home for stranger

www.wfaa.com

"She was crying and I asked her what she was upset about," said Marilyn Mock, of Rockwall.

When Tracy's home, listed as "No. 73," came up for auction, Mock raised her hand and bid. With no picture of the property in the auction book, Mock had only Tracy's word on the home's value.

"I just kept asking her, 'Is it worth it?' She said, 'Yes,' and then it went again," Mock said.

Bid after bid, Mock kept raising her hand.

"The next thing you know, she tells me she is doing this for me — and then she had it," Tracy said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add another link Fox11Arizona

Also on ABC news

Seems like it gaining speed! Hopefully we;ll see more of this goodwill spreading

[edit on 10/27/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just when you think you are convinced that the world has gone to heck in a handbasket...someone, somewhere does something to restore the faith.

With absolutely nothing to gain financially one person helps another keep their home. THIS is what community is about. Amazing story and much needed.

Naturally we can't all go around buying forclosed homes for each other in times of crisis, but there are a thousand different ways to help each other.

This woman is not rare either...there are millions of people who have the same mindset and same amount of heart. It just doesn't make the MSM.

www.wfaa.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. That really made my day. You're right, most good deeds go unnoticed by the press and all we hear about is doom and gloom.

There are lots of ways to help out. Volunteering, donating, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just when you think there's nothing good left in the world, you hear a story like this. Thank you, my friend, for sharing. I hope all involved are better off and a little warmer tonight.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Woooohooo! God bless that woman who bought the home! I sure hope this gets major coverage. Angels live among us. Hey Oprah put this woman on your show.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That would be awesome to see this sort of stuff hit the MSM. Its sad to think all it would take is the MSM deciding to make that the new trend or status quo, unconditional compassion in helping others.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It's great to read good news in the sea of bad news that we get daily. Thanks for posting this. Now if only somebody would buy me a house!

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Woooohooo! God bless that woman who bought the home! I sure hope this gets major coverage. Angels live among us. Hey Oprah put this woman on your show.

While this story is great, and I wish that everyone would see this and feel the need to help out a total stranger for no gain, do you really think Opra is a member of ATS?

Just kidding, but this really warms the heart.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I really does my heart good to know that some people care enough to help. I think we all should help each other if at all possible. I've recently loaned (for an indefinite period of time) a couple of friends $200.00 so that they would have gas to either goto work or in one case try to find work. It was what they needed to get by and now they are both working. I'm not worried about payback. Just knowing that I could help was all I needed.

We need more people like this and I agree that the MSM should publicize how that person helped. This will encourage more to do so.

top topics

join