It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP is a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So all this EVP stuff is ambiguous at best. I've never heard anything that isn't simply finding faces in the clouds, except with your ears. People really do reach in the EVP community. Any examples that would convince me otherwise?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is an EVP that our group got on an investigation at Waverly Hills in Kentucky:

Here is another EVP we got at a local investigation...

Make sure you use headphones or turn your speakers up.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

If your EVP post contains one of those childish, 'hee hee .. gotcha ' heart-stoppers ... I warn you now .. I will sue you

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ok the first clip, it doesn't sound ambiguous. i can actually tell that the person is saying 'hey, i've been doing this a long time'. and depending on how this was documented, who was present, etc. how do i know its legitimate and that someone simply didn't put their voice through some software to lower it an octave and say this is evp?

the second one, same thing. and all i hear is someone humming a short tune.

i'd have to know the conditions present. i think this phenomenon is one that can only be proven to ones self by the experience. much the same way you can't prove OOB to another person. you have to experience it and know the conditions present for yourself.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've never heard anything that isn't simply finding faces in the clouds,

Then you haven't heard much have you.

While there’s a lot of *hoax trash* out there for a number of subjects - EVPs included, I’ve head EVP’s that left absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind, they were in fact voices from *out there*.
I’ll post some links if you’re interested - just have to find them!

...taps...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I've never heard anything that isn't simply finding faces in the clouds,

Then you haven't heard much have you.

While there’s a lot of *hoax trash* out there for a number of subjects - EVPs included, I’ve head EVP’s that left absolutely NO DOUBT in my mind, they were in fact voices from *out there*.
I’ll post some links if you’re interested - just have to find them!

...taps...

yeah i would love to see some of those links. i'm open minded about the whole thing, but have personally never found anything too awfully convincing yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The second clip is somewhat acceptable at best. If it really is some disembodied voice why does it talk so strange? Why doesn't it speak with complete diction? Very sketchy.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacemanjupiter
ok the first clip, it doesn't sound ambiguous. i can actually tell that the person is saying 'hey, i've been doing this a long time'. and depending on how this was documented, who was present, etc. how do i know its legitimate and that someone simply didn't put their voice through some software to lower it an octave and say this is evp?

the second one, same thing. and all i hear is someone humming a short tune.

i'd have to know the conditions present. i think this phenomenon is one that can only be proven to ones self by the experience. much the same way you can't prove OOB to another person. you have to experience it and know the conditions present for yourself.

I agree with you here and I won't argue, because unless you were there, you have know way of knowing if they are real or not. At best, all I can offer you is my word. And at best, that is what I will do, because I know the conditions and factors that were in play when these were recorded, and these were not audible at the time they were recorded.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
The second clip is somewhat acceptable at best. If it really is some disembodied voice why does it talk so strange? Why doesn't it speak with complete diction? Very sketchy.

I'm just as curious as you friend. I'm only an investigator and researcher into the phenomena. If I had the answers, then it would no longer be a mystery to any of us. But I don't have those, and I don't claim to. I can only say that this is what we picked up while we were investigating. On the second clip, the garbled voice was recorded on one device and not the other. Both devices were on me, and going at the same time. However, both devices have different frequency ranges. The camcorder is able to pick up a broader range of frequencies.
As for the first clip. I was in disbelief when I heard it myself the first time. But after much review, comparing evidence, and analysis, we have no other explanation than to say it is what it is. It's a man's voice saying, "Hey, I've been doing this a long time." And that voice was not from our investigator, and no one else was in the area at the time it was recorded. It still send chills down my spine every time I listen to it.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Don't get me wrong. I think there is something to EVP's whether it be paranormal or not. I've just noticed that in a lot of EVP's though it appears to be a voice. It always is a little off in some way. Like ghosts decided to stop using diction.

new topics

top topics

join