It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US nuked Iraq in 1991

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am utterly disgusted at those of you who have labelled the OP a 'Troll'. The OP simply reposted an article that was ALREADY ON THE INTERNET written by SOMEONE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ATS.

Now those of you who have called TROLL obviously did not bother to read the article, instead you decided to tread all over the OP and defend your country. Well, read THIS then:

The nuclear bombing Rafsanjani was referring to was based on a claim by US war veteran Jim Brown who said that the US dropped a five-kilotonne nuclear bomb on 27 February 1991, the last day of the first Iraq-US War. Brown made the accusation during an interview included in a 30-minute current affairs report broadcast by Italian state news channel RaiNews24 on October 9.

So there you have it, the accusation of nuclear detonation was actually started by one of your own men. I call every single person in this thread who accused the OP of trolling a troll yourselves. Nothing but disgusting trolls.

EDIT TO ADD this video (in Italian) of the actual interview where the AMERICAN SOLDIER makes these claims:

Google Video Link

I rest my case.

[edit on 24/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh, so one soldier makes it true? Despite the fact that it would have been detected by EVERYONE that has access to seismic data?

The OP is a troll for posting that the US has a long history of barbarism and this is just another step in that history. He completely ignored the fact that EVERY country has done truly horrific things to their own people simply to take a jab at the US. THAT is why the OP is a troll.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Errr. The U.S. HAS had a long history of barbarism. Never at any point in the OP's post did I see him claim that other countries didn't. The OP was simply stating this based on the article he posted and did NOT say that other countries had a squeaky clean past.

If the OP had actually stated that he believed other countries to be innocent then I would say he was trolling. He did not however, all he did was see an article about an American soldier claiming that the US nuked Iraq and reposted it here stating his opinion that it could be true based on the US's barbaric past.

Therefore I can only come to one conclusion and that is that some people are annoyed that anyone DARE say the U.S. has been barbaric. That is ridiculous and disgraceful and is deliberately turning a blind eye to the truth.

Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

The US has had a long history of barbarism, and so has every other country. How does that prove anything?

He stated that what the news has reported were the facts, but I don't see how hearsay is factual at all. He is the one turning a blind eye to the truth.

His statement seemed a bit condescending to me, and obviously to others as well. It seems as if his statement was meant to get a rise out of people, and I for one fell for it. Shame on us for sticking up for our country.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

It just annoys me to no end that you all jump on the OP for making a statement.

The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism, so these reports, should come in as no big surprise.

Tell me exactly how, in that above statement, does the OP imply that the US is the ONLY nation with skeletons in the closet?

An American soldier made the claim, the OP was simply reposting it and backing it up with a statement that is, in essence, true. The calls of 'TROLL' are completely uncalled for.

[edit on 25/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

It was the entire tone of the post, that made that statement offensive, imo. He does not state that his country is perfect, but it seemed as if he was implying it. Maybe he wasn't, but he sure hasn't been around to correct us either.

His story has no merit, and his statement had no relevance to the facts. I was just calling him out on that, I never called him a troll. I would like to hear his responses to the posts made on his thread, maybe he could clearify what exactly his statements were implying.

But untill then, it just seems like he was trying to get a rise out of people.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was implying nothing else than the US has been the greatest threat to humanity since the second world war.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

You are just trying to get a rise out of people. I will now say with the upmost confidence that you are baiting.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I will not respond to such an arrogant, and ignorant statement, because I would just shred that post, and you would still learn nothing.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by schism85]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Actually, after reading what the OP wrote, and your response, I am now completely convinced that I was correct in my conclusion that you are angry over the fact that someone dared to call the US barbarous. As far as I am concerned the US has been deeply involved, even instigated (aka Gulf of Tonkin farce and Iraq to name just two off the top of my head) almost every war since WW2 and has committed atrocities that many other countries wouldn't even dream of. In that, the OP has made a correct statement and shame on you for getting angry and denying the truth.

I will not respond to such an arrogant, and ignorant statement, because I would just shred that post, and you would still learn nothing.

Please go right ahead and explain to us all how you believe that the US has not committed atrocities, started wars and killed hundreds of thousands of people since the end of WW2! Really, I mean it, please go ahead and try

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

To say the US is the greatest threat to humanity since the 2nd world war is outrageous. Thats a pretty bold statement if you ask me.

I will not entertain the idea at all.

As I said in my other post, Iam done being baited by this obvious TROLL, and will no longer let his baiting get a rise out of me.

BTW, you are wrong, I have said numerous times that the US has a barbaric past, just as every other country has. Do not try and twist things around.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schism85

Originally posted by ergoli

The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism

Hasn't every country or culture? I would love to know what perfect country you hail from.

For you to make a statement like that is pretty bold, arrogant, and naive imao.

FIRST OF ALL, I SUGGEST YOU STOP DEFININING YOURSELF AS AN AMERICAN WHO LIVES IN ARIZONA BAY.

perhaps then, you wouldnt feel an implicit need to defend it. Ofcourse every culture or country has had a history of barbarism, if you chooze to nitpick.

As opposed to implying the poster bold, arrogant, and naive to suggest that america is prone to barbaric acts, why dont you see that infact we live in a world with NO LIMITS, no boundaries, with no countries and no arizona bay. these are merely unfortunately placed human labels which serve to dissociate us from the oneness of all.

Ofcourse what really is the case is that concious "souls" if you will, will never cease to make mistakes, which inevitably will include, ending a few other souls existence in that particular vehichle without necessity. hence. really the case is,

neither of you needed to speak in the first place, beacause actually we, you, me, and the one, are quite that. all one.

but then, if we, i mean, one wasnt to forget that sometimes, then, what would be?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed

Hasn't every country or culture? I would love to know what perfect country you hail from.

FIRST OF ALL, I SUGGEST YOU STOP DEFININING YOURSELF AS AN AMERICAN WHO LIVES IN ARIZONA BAY.

perhaps then, you wouldnt feel an implicit need to defend it. Ofcourse every culture or country has had a history of barbarism, if you chooze to nitpick.

As opposed to implying the poster bold, arrogant, and naive to suggest that america is prone to barbaric acts, why dont you see that infact we live in a world with NO LIMITS, no boundaries, with no countries and no arizona bay. these are merely unfortunately placed human labels which serve to dissociate us from the oneness of all.

Ofcourse what really is the case is that concious "souls" if you will, will never cease to make mistakes, which inevitably will include, ending a few other souls existence in that particular vehichle without necessity. hence. really the case is,

neither of you needed to speak in the first place, beacause actually we, you, me, and the one, are quite that. all one.

but then, if we, i mean, one wasnt to forget that sometimes, then, what would be?

i would just like to congratulate you on your best post ever, to save someone else from doing it again. but just with a different label hole maker

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed

oh and by the way ergoli, buddy. THE USA HAS WHAT?

i think it would be grammatically speaking more correct to say like so...

The USA is a load of #. mods dont bother.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

To say the US is the greatest threat to humanity since the 2nd world war is outrageous. Thats a pretty bold statement if you ask me.

I wouldn't call it bold. I would call it pretty accurate actually. Can you name many other countries that have started a war for oil? Or perhaps initiated and attempted to perpetuate a war with Vietnam for profit? Or even policing the world when they are not wanted nor were they asked?

You really need to open your eyes mate. If it weren't for the US many many people would still have their lives and many of the daily restrictions that the world faces in terms of freedom and liberty would not be in place if the US had not initiated them. Not to mention the fact that the US is at the root cause of the global financial crisis that is threatening to topple whole economies and is putting many millions of people into great financial difficulty.

Jesus, if the US isn't the greatest threat to humanity since WW2 then it is close to it. Quite frankly I believe that the world would have been better off not having the US rise to superpower status. Open your eyes mate, you are the ignorant one here.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by predisposed

We are all HUMAN who makes mistakes, and blunders. You are correct. We are all one. I don't need you to point that out to me.

Iam not from Arizona Bay, if you were a Tool fan, you would get it. Iam from Chicago. And defining myself as an American isn't such a bad thing. At least to me its not.

(Pauses to finish chewing baby flesh)

I love my country, and I can care less what you say about it. Iam done getting flustered over people who think they can point the finger at me, simply for being american.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

kryties , you are right USA is the most evil nation on earth , look at the enormity of the genocide and war crimes of genocidal USA since WW2 responsible for 20-30 million deaths :

US imperialism's killing fields: 20 - 30 million dead since WW II

By James A. Lucas
Countercurrents.org

INTRODUCTION
After the catastrophic attacks of September 11 2001 monumental sorrow and a feeling of desperate and understandable anger began to permeate the American psyche. A few people at that time attempted to promote a balanced perspective by pointing out that the United States had also been responsible for causing those same feelings in people in other nations, but they produced hardly a ripple. Although Americans understand in the abstract the wisdom of people around the world empathizing with the suffering of one another, such a reminder of wrongs committed by our nation got little hearing and was soon overshadowed by an accelerated "war on terrorism."

But we must continue our efforts to develop understanding and compassion in the world. Hopefully, this article will assist in doing that by addressing the question “How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?” This theme is developed in this report which contains an estimated numbers of such deaths in 37 nations as well as brief explanations of why the U.S. is considered culpable.

The causes of wars are complex. In some instances nations other than the U.S. may have been responsible for more deaths, but if the involvement of our nation appeared to have been a necessary cause of a war or conflict it was considered responsible for the deaths in it. In other words they probably would not have taken place if the U.S. had not used the heavy hand of its power. The military and economic power of the United States was crucial.

This study reveals that U.S. military forces were directly responsible for about 10 to 15 million deaths during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and the two Iraq Wars. The Korean War also includes Chinese deaths while the Vietnam War also includes fatalities in Cambodia and Laos.

The American public probably is not aware of these numbers and knows even less about the proxy wars for which the United States is also responsible. In the latter wars there were between nine and 14 million deaths in Afghanistan, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and Sudan.
worldviewsblog.blogspot.com...

the orginal article is from countercurrents

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PinealGlandThoth

Hahaha...you remind of the germans that after the war never ever heard of jews being gassed in concentration camps. Long live ingnorance.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

woohoo humour. baby flesh!

i like you!

man americans are fine. im one too

americans are assholes im one too.

that is an asshole. not an american.

but i am one.

laters

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No, your right. I retract all my previous statements. Truth is, we are all devoted satanists. In fact, I just finished cooking my mothers head for lunch, then I will go and recite the pledge of alligence, shoot up some dope, then blow up the nearest daycare.

Its fun being American.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The OP comment is unbelievable. He eats the Iraqi claim with no sense of reality. The Swedes could detect radiation leak from Chernobyl disaster, but the world, especially the Russians, somewhat missed a US nuclear warhead exploding in Iraq.

Why is it so that the US "barbarians" have been concerned about alleged waterboarding as an interrogation methods to make the captured Al-Qaeda guys talk?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join