It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US nuked Iraq in 1991

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

US nuked Iraq in 1991

www.presstv.com

RaiNews24 says it has conducted an independent inquiry and discovered that "a seismic event took place on that day equal to a five-kilotonne blast", citing as its source the online archives of the International Seismological Center, a non-profit UK-based organisation, as confirmation of its research according to Adnkronos International (AKI).

The documentary included an interview with an Iraqi doctor, Jawad al-Ali, who told RaiNews24 that before the beginning of the first Gulf War in 1989 there were 32 cases of tumours, while in 2002 the number had risen to 600 in the Basra area as reported by AKI on 8 October.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism, so these reports, should come in as no big surprise. There must be some very hideous explanations for the facts deployed by Rai News 24. There seem to be some very thought over reasons why many people around the world refer to the American Empire as "the great Satan".

www.presstv.com

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism, so these reports, should come in as no big surprise.

You're so right, I'm munching on a baby right now.

Troll.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The internet is always right. I'm actually setting an entire village on fire as I type this from my blackberry. The third world never saw it coming.

I would love to see the credible list of American Acts of Barbarism. Bonus points if you prove how innocent every other culture is.

Oh, and I thought cancer and tumors were on the rise in the last few decades regardless.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You must be talking about this video:

I could pick this apart but my daughter is walking threw the door at the moment and I can't wait to see her...so I will let the other members do it.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It is not the people of America's doing, blame it on the government elite instead of blaming all of USA for its mistakes. Target the individual people responsible and then back up your claim. There are evil people in this world, but the American people are merely being led to their destruction.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism

Hasn't every country or culture? I would love to know what perfect country you hail from.

For you to make a statement like that is pretty bold, arrogant, and naive imao.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PinealGlandThoth

America has a volunteer army which citizens like yourself join. So partly some of the people of America can be blamed. Americans really need to rise up and kick those imperialist vampires out of the white house, otherwise if you don't doesn't it make you an accomplice? I feel sorry for you Americans. I hope you guys see better days soon. Greed and power rule the world. USA!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

First of all, the "blast" was caused by a BLU-82 that was dropped from the back of a C-130 from the USAF. The BLU-82 is know as a "Daisycutter" and is a massive, conventional bomb designed in the Vietnam era to flatten hilltops so they could land helicopters and make artillery firebases. The increase in tumors is due to the heavy use of DPU's (depleted uranium rounds) in the ammunition of Apache gunships, A-10's, M1 tanks, Bradley fighting vehicles, etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What a smushy article...... complete lack of support, and so, of course, we should take it on face value.

Note the following seismic events in IRan listed on the 27th of Feb, 1991 PER THE NEIC and USGS:

[edit -- sorry I stretched your thread by posting them all. Hopefully this will fix it. See the link for the entire list of all sesmic events In Iran on the alleged date.]

PDE 1991 02 27 083435.10 -30.22 -68.76 34 5.4 mbGS 2F.

oooooo, must've been that 5.4, huh? Now, you have an even greater quagmire. If you choose to reference the 5.4 as the definative event that reflected the alleged nuclear blast, what do you want to bet that I can prove it was an earthquake?

Way to present an article without bias and personal rancor, OP.

[edit - trying again to repair your stretched thread, again, my apologies]

neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 24-10-2008 by argentus]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The USA have a centuries-old history of barbarism, so these reports, should come in as no big surprise. There must be some very hideous explanations for the facts deployed by Rai News 24. There seem to be some very thought over reasons why many people around the world refer to the American Empire as "the great Satan".

www.presstv.com

How many American people have you seen strap bombs to themselves and blow up 50 people that are standing in line to buy food? Or strap bombs to mentally disabled people and blow them up in a crowd?

Let's see:

Romans and lions.
England drawing and quartering people while thousands watch and cheer.
Spanish Inquisition.
Atilla the Hun.
Napoleon.
Hitler and the Jews.
Chinese killing babies as they're being born.
Japanese with medical experiments on prisoners in WWII and dropping chemical/bio weapons on the Chinese.

Shall I go on?

America is not the only country that has done barbaric acts against other countries/people. EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD has a dark past. America is just the most recent target.

As for dropping a nuclear bomb in Iraq in 1991, give me a break. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
At least one loony bird out there is claiming we nuked Tora Bora as well...

cuckoo cuckoo

I didn't think the nuclear bunker-buster ever made it into production?

Is it possible these were thermobaric and the blast kicked up a bunch of depleted uranium?

[edit on 10/24/08 by emsed1]

[edit on 10/24/08 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Skunkworks?

This is not a one line post.

Some in the administration might of wnted to.

But not yet thank god.

Skunkworls?

Trashbin?

The seismography is correct it did not happen.

Trollady Troll oh troll on .

[edit on 24-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Trollady Troll oh troll on
thanks for the laugh. That little alliterism alone was worth the time to come into this thread.

OP, if you want to try to prove a statement like this, it will require more than a verbal guess from who-knows-who as to the magnitude of a felt tremor or temblor. If you go to my link, there were 29 seismic events recorded in Iran for 27 Feb 91, the largest being 5.4. They day before and the day after, was much the same. Go ahead and check it out.

Then, perhaps a person might be inclined to research RAD or REM readings for the area around that time. Finally, as a last resort, you might look for the actual site of the alleged nuclear burst. It shouldn't be hard to find. Nothing grows there still. Happy hunting.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

The weapons in Tora Bora were thermobaric. They were supposed to be much more effective and this was their first true deployment. They were actually LESS effective than they hoped they would be.

[edit on 10/24/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I feel that I as a Thread,

Am going Down, and sinking,

To the world, of Trashbin status and Skunkworks,

I cant Survive in an Apparent smidgen of truth,

I am doomed to be moved or wiped out now.

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 24-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I recall when some nearby Brits yelled back to their command posts that "the Yanks are popping nukes!"

Unfortunately, the "nuke" was as an earlier poster had described, the BLU-82, which was used in Viet Nam to blow an instant Landing Zone even in triple canopy jungle. And yes! It also has a big mushroom cloud.

And yes! We should have warned out good friends what to look for.

And yes! Americans have centuries of barbaric history. In fact, I'm going to have to keep this short because I've been out all day slaughtering within a maternity ward, and I need to rest up so that tonight we can hit the retirement home and clean that out.

It's dirty work, but someone has to do it, and who better than an American Patriot with centuries of experience!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hey, if this is a competition of barbarism, my country holds a way better claim to the title than the USA... that's right, I'm British. USA is starting to catch us up now they rule the world, but the world isn't like it used to be, they wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff we did.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a repeat thread from a few weeks ago. As was dicussed then, the US did NOT nuke Iraq. The signature of the balst would have been recorded by virtually every other major power and this would have been worldwide news. To ssay the US nuked Iraq is also to say that Russia and China both knew it and said nothing.

Now do you really think that would be possible? Nuclear weapons are NOT detonated undetected. Hell most countries can now tell if one was set off UNDERGROUND much less as a tactical device. Pure BS.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Sweet Avatar. I agree with you that ultimately the individual holds the most responsibility but many factors in our politics unfortunaelty negate some of these hard efforts. I may be politically active and campaign for a candidate, but if he/she loses, this does not mean I am complicit with the policies of the WhiteHouse, imo. Same as the wanker politicians in Britain. I don't blame the British people for their courts who give such lenient sentences to the hoodies that run wild. Or arrest the people that actually stand up to them. Of course everyone agrees it is madness, right? Does that still mean they are complicit in it because that is the law?

ColoradoJens

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join