It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska man sues God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I had to verify this story was real first I did a search on ats nothing came up I thought this story needed some open ended discussion.

God Sued

Falcon

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
I had to verify this story was real first I did a search on ats nothing came up I thought this story needed some open ended discussion.

God Sued

Falcon

Can we make this a class action lawsuit?

I would be in.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It was dismissed wasn't it? I believe that one day though this guy will get his chance to argue his case face to face with God himself.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Those pesky service of process requirements....

Actually, his argument against dismissal was quite entertaining. Wonder how the judge responded to that?

Oh well, he could always issue a publication lawsuit. That's what you file when the defendant is "not to be found"

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Okayyyyy lol ....

Hmm .I am speechless ...
First of all what a total waste of time and money which cost us the taxpayers (MY MONEY) and how many innocents who were waiting for their trials had to wait more days in jail to see that Judge because of this trivial (STUPID) lawsuit..

Second of all ...even if he won this lawsuit in the eyes of man ..I wish him luck in collecting it ..now for sure though he will get his day in court with God (Judgement day) with a jury (the same Christians he hated on earth who the bible says will help judge even angels and may also include this Judge ) ...
I sure hope he is better prepared on that day to present his facts than he did this time in court .................
okayyy then ..sheeshh ...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I understand the outrage some have expressed regarding this case; but a few of you may know, or should be interested to know, that there was a point to the exercise.

It had to do with legislators intending to create laws allowing them to 'prohibit' certain cases from being heard in court. The innocent concept was precisely to save money and not waste time. However the point was once you go down this road, eventually who gets to decide what case has merit to be heard and which power exists to make that determination?

This is not simply a 'fame' case or some publicity stunt.

Look deeper and you'll see why it was even attempted. He picked God as a defendant knowing full-well that it was outrageously unrealistic.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
this is old news sorry we covered it when the case started

we even came up with a list for him to server the notice on behalf of gods residence

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh, goodie. Where's Ally McBeal when you need her?

two lines.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I love this part of the arguement..

Chambers, who graduated from law school but never took the bar exam, thinks he's found a hole in the judge's ruling.

"The court itself acknowledges the existence of God," Chambers said Wednesday. "A consequence of that acknowledgment is a recognition of God's omniscience."

Also, as misters, clerics, and archbishops have told us for aeons that they 'represent God' can't litigation papers be served on his 'houses' here on earth?

As an afterthought, as churches, catholic in particular, 'serve' food and drink to the congregation in the form of 'blood of christ' and 'body of christ' , couldn't we get them closed under 'Food Standards Agency' regulations?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yeah, let's see him get the subpoena served.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

As an afterthought, as churches, catholic in particular, 'serve' food and drink to the congregation in the form of 'blood of christ' and 'body of christ' , couldn't we get them closed under 'Food Standards Agency' regulations?

or at least get them wearing hair nets and plastic gloves under the food standards agency policies

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join