It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only A Hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Only A Hoax?

www.suburbanchicagonews.com

For the second day in a row Tuesday, the JPMorgan Chase Bank credit card processing center on the city's northwest side received a letter containing a suspicious white powder, prompting an employee to be sent to the hospital and drawing hazardous material personnel from area fire departments.

And like the day before, it appeared the powder was not dangerous and likely was a hoax.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This is actually breaking news and I have not found much about it online yet. Currently being reported on FOX news (dont ask me why I have it on cause I dont know) in addition to Chase Banks receiving these letters with a white powder in it, they just reported that police are on the scene in NY at the Times building where another letter was received.

Brings a lot of questions to my mind. Another False Flag? Anthrax letters? Funny how we stopped hearing about them and now all the sudden here we go again. No word as to what the substance is yet, but these letters seem to be popping up coast to coast. FOX claims over 30 letters thus far.

sorry if this topic is elsewhere, I did a search and came up with nothing.

www.suburbanchicagonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Personally, I think it is a made up thing to further the government's move to take over the financial institutions based on the need to do it for 'national security' reasons under the Patriot Act so they don't have to answer any questions and we'll all just eat it up like Grandma's butter tarts on a Sunday afternoon.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Found this article talking about the letters sent to the banks over teh last two days..

USA Today

and I found this article about this letter that just showed up at the Times building

Times Building

[edit on 22-10-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Probably just people who are pissed of about the bailout and want to mess with the banks. I doubt there's any conspiracy here....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh I choose to not underestimate those willing to do years and years in prison for such a hoax. What if the real reason for these letters is to throw these companies off so that when they send the real letters no one calls the police?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Probably just people who are pissed of about the bailout and want to mess with the banks. I doubt there's any conspiracy here....

When did the NY Times become a bank?? I must have missed that press release.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This would be some hoax. Over 30 letters, in 2 days, covering 9 cities?? That's some hoax don't you think?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Let's face the real issue here folks..

When the government goes on National TV not even a month ago and announces that the "state of emergency" must remain in effect because of a threat of more "anthrax attacks" and then envelopes full of white powder begin showing up everywhere it's a false flag psyop. Someone wants to do some controlled fear mongering before the campaign.

Think about it. Set the stage for emotional reaction, use fake anthrax rather than real since the reaction they want is not a full blown panic which would tank the economy even worse.... It won't be long until the media starts telling us how "this candidate" would be best to deal with the continued terror threat. Look at all the effort going into raising the public level of f e a r.

Same tired game because it apparently works oh so well.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This would be some hoax. Over 30 letters, in 2 days, covering 9 cities?? That's some hoax don't you think?

How hard is it to post 30 letters in two days to 9 cities while wearing gloves and not leaving any dna evidence??

You could do it in 30 mins if you were sad enough.

top topics

join