It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's buses go to hell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yea, something funny at least. "There probably is no God" seems like it would make people sigh for various reasons. Humour gives the feeling of "insight".

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

well the proper message is " "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." i think thats a pretty cool message anyway

and also lends it self to adds for bars and lapdance clubs on the back of the bus

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Dawkins religion is bitterness. I believe in higher energies, just as there are lower energies.

What is God Richard?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I am beginning to think YOU maybe a god hating athiest!

It seems no matter how many times an atheist explains his/her position, people never really get it.
That's like saying "I think you're mad at Santa Claus because he didn't give you a present for Christmas". It's absurd. Any logical or even sane person would not be mad at something/someone who doesn't exist.
But now imagine there were people who said you would go to Hell for not believing in Santa Claus. Imagine all the propaganda being spread around our culture and the underlying theme being that you must believe in Santa Claus to be a good person.
Would you be mad at Santa Claus? Probably not, but I'm sure you would be a little aggravated by people who try to shove their 'logic' down your throat.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by TruthParadox]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If these folks posting the messages on the buses are athiest, then why are they saying, "there probably isn't a God"? Wouldn't that be an agnostic viewpoint? Just saying. ............

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

you dont have to show any proof then ^_^

besides how do you prove somthing that doesnt exist doesnt exist

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yay for Dawkins! We need more people like him, not more - and America could do with an equally vocal man (and yes i'm aware of Sam Harris), who is as much as a public figurehead.

No i don't think this will make many people think, those who are extremely religious have already cut away from the path of reason and are so wrapped up in their faith that they 'deny ignorance' as it were.

This is just a little counter to the religious bigotry we have to read on the buses in London whenever we use them.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The funniest thing about this is what the sign actually reads. I see people both cheering and jeering this yet no one seems to have noticed the lack of sincerity to all of this.

I mean if you are going to be an atheist proudly proclaim that you think there is no God. Do not sit on the fence about it and call yourself an atheist if you do this you are nothing more than one who is angry with religion in general and for the mistakes of man.

But the sign reads “There probably is no God”. What is with the probably? What a coward chose a direct side and then hang a sign.

By the way I am a Christian and get a laugh out of the probably thing. What a real hardcore guy that knows how to make a stand.

Raist

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
come climb aboard the atheist bus

were apparently victimising christians ^_^

bring a lion if you got one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thumbs up from me, don't get to self-righteous there-you guys have been persecuting non-believers for centuries.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by noobfun

If thats a reply to me, lol, i am glad that america and uk, are turning into the countries they are. I have no problem with uk being secular, you go there.

Its just when the rest of the world, has to follow your hollier than thou attitude to everyone else, thats when we can say what sh*tty morals you people have.

You do realise that the UK has been a secular society for many, MANY years?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i would like to know how these religions get away with telling children in sunday school each week that they will burn in hell and tortured for eternity if they don't worship god....
i think it should be illegal to teach religion to anyone under 18 yr of age....
i hope these bus adverts will be the start of a wide spread campaign...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
they should just take a page out of las vegas' book.

layer the busses with pictures of very seductive, half naked women posing in provocative positions.

then call it buss-a-licious. "hop on and take a ride...only a buck.25"

that will get peoples attention..

AND, people wont even be thinking about religion!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
reply to post by Good Wolf

well the proper message is " "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." i think thats a pretty cool message anyway

and also lends it self to adds for bars and lapdance clubs on the back of the bus

that sounds REALLY bad to me. Stop worrying and enjoy your life? that makes absolutely no sense unless you have a very narrow way of looking at theistic believers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dawkins wants you dead.

He Is a eugenicist.

Thank you dawkins.

*Edit: Dawkins worshippers may now attack me.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
Dawkins wants you dead.

He Is a eugenicist.

Thank you dawkins.

yes yes we are evil eugenisistic nazi communists that hate god and you and we want to burn you all now for our enjoyment -_-

make that a £20 donation instead of ten

now thats thinking that shows the better side of religeon

**edit** p.s. nice edittting with the putting the dawkins fans can attack now after youve been pointed at and laughed at for not understanding anything yes we can both edit stuff ^_^ after the fact to try and make a point ... hey look below theres another point and a few questions to answer

p.s
can you show evidence of that of more blind lies and propoganda?

i can show gods into eugenics and hitler was into eugenics (negative eugenics) but not Dawkins can you?

and is he into posative or negative eugenics? and do you understand the differance?

[edit on 23/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
"i would like to know how these religions get away with telling children in sunday school each week that they will burn in hell and tortured for eternity if they don't worship god...."

It works... Fear of imprisonment doesn't work on everyone.

Many soldiers also depend on these beliefs to stop themselves from killing indiscriminately. Ex/ Before they shoot up that car full of Iraqis they briefly imagine themselves in their own version of hell.... Then they hold their fire.

OR an officer orders them to fire and the god fearing soldier arrests the officer, or opposes it - saving the souls of his comrades.

It's not Fear of God - It's fear of Hell.

It works.

The signs on the bus are a provocation - they are meant to be provocative, not informative.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

So - using YOUR logic - perhaps we should all start wearing bhurkas; after all, dont want to upset those peky terrorists, do we??

Better stop flying too; why give the terrorists the opportunity to create more havoc huh??

Heck, maybe we should just all stay indoors from now on, and admit that the terrorists have WON!

Yeah, that's it!!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
"i would like to know how these religions get away with telling children in sunday school each week that they will burn in hell and tortured for eternity if they don't worship god...."

It works... Fear of imprisonment doesn't work on everyone.

These are very peculiar sunday schools you lot are going on about. I went to sunday school for about 5 years, I don't remember hell being mentioned once. In fact I'm pretty sure nothing more exciting than painting eggs and dressing up as shepherds happened at my sunday school - or those of any of my peers. The idea that it was some sort of subversive, cult-like brainwashing centre is, frankly, completely laughable.

LW

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

You assume I went to sunday school. You assume I'm a Christian. You then used your assumption to attack christianity....

...All because I mentioned Hell being a bad place - I thought that was common knowledge. No religion associates it with anything other than horror and misery.

I'm an athiest. I talk about religion and do so respectfully . I keep an open mind while I wait for evidence.

But even the possibility of a place like Hell existing does augment my conscience - strengthening it.

If I was sure about Hell's nonexistence, I'd be a war criminal right now. But at least I wouldn't be going to hell...

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

well i can honestly say in sunday school we were told about hell and how the none christians go there and its very hot

i dont remember it pressurised to hard they used bribery rather then fear to get us towing the line

for our participation and answering question right we get free sweets(candy for americans) and for making statements of how god is good becasue *tie in what ever bible bit we looked at* earned bonus sweets

they did tend to stay away from all the sexist, racist, down right rediculous, pro violent bits of the bible though .... im amased at how skillfully they managed to drag the remaining pamphlet sized usable bible bits out for more then an hour at a time

they stopped giving me sweets when i started asking stuff like

'if god made the world who made god?'
'so if the was nothing before god made it where was he?'

maybe they should have given me more and tried to return me to the fold with more then just words

on the plus side the neccessary £9000-11,000(depending on source) they needed to raise has been achieved, apparently they have over £68,000 in donations already and are considering lengthening the time of the advertisment and doing a similar campaign in Birmingham (yay) and manchester

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join