It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the losing side react?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

No one should be ashamed for voting for someone they thought would do the best job.

The bills' that were vetoed by Bush may have been wonderful, but what was attached to those bills were the reasons for the vetoes. He sent many back and said that I will sign such and such bill if this attachment is excluded from it. What those attachements was is anyones guess, but congress obviously refused to exclude those attachments. Bills proposed by Bush that was for giving troops the equipment and funds that they desperately needed was not passed by congress because they demanded a withdraw time table. As unpopular as the war is, it is still wrong to say you soldiers will not get funding for life saving equipment unless the president bends to our will.

This just defends my statement that the government as a whole let the people down and blame should be given to the government as a whole.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Xeros

Watch Barry's rallies very closely on TV. Study the crowd. The majority have a glazed over, star struck look in their eyes. It is just like watching the crowd that swooned over The Beatles or Elvis. Better yet the crowd that followed Jim Jones to the Kool Aid barrel. The man can do no wrong in their eyes. No proof of citizenship, no problem. No transcripts, no problem. No medical records, no problem. This is the guy that will save us all. Who needs the constitution anyway? Nobama clearly does not need it.

That look you are speaking of, it is called HOPE. Hope for a better future. A future without Bush. By the way, I can not believe you had the gaul to bring up the constitution after the utter destruction of it by this administration. You Republicans never cease to amaze me with your hippocracey. Not to mention you comment about following someone to the kool aid barrel. How you can say that after witnessing how Bush's followers worshiped him no matter how much wrong he did has me almost at a loss for words. You should be so lucky.

To the OP of this thread, sorry if we are getting off subject, I just can't sit idly by and let these comments go unanswered.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluegrassRevolutionary

reply to post by Xeros

Watch Barry's rallies very closely on TV. Study the crowd. The majority have a glazed over, star struck look in their eyes. It is just like watching the crowd that swooned over The Beatles or Elvis. Better yet the crowd that followed Jim Jones to the Kool Aid barrel. The man can do no wrong in their eyes. No proof of citizenship, no problem. No transcripts, no problem. No medical records, no problem. This is the guy that will save us all. Who needs the constitution anyway? Nobama clearly does not need it.

That look you are speaking of, it is called HOPE. Hope for a better future. A future without Bush. By the way, I can not believe you had the gaul to bring up the constitution after the utter destruction of it by this administration. You Republicans never cease to amaze me with your hippocracey. Not to mention you comment about following someone to the kool aid barrel. How you can say that after witnessing how Bush's followers worshiped him no matter how much wrong he did has me almost at a loss for words. You should be so lucky.

To the OP of this thread, sorry if we are getting off subject, I just can't sit idly by and let these comments go unanswered.

You are clearly beyond help and should be "ashamed" of yourself. My advice to you is to take a your Kool Aid in a Big Gulp cup. I'll sit back and dish up the crow after the first year of a Barry administration.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

No one should be ashamed for voting for someone they thought would do the best job.

You should be ashamed when that person ends up doing the absolute worst job he could. Look, I am not trying to knock your intelligence, or your morals, or your beliefs. What I am trying to do is to get you to re-examine the decision process that led you to vote for the worst president in American history. If I ever commit such an act, you had better believe I will follow my same advice. If, in eight years, Obama turns out too be a disgrace, trust me, I will be looking hard at why I voted for him. I will tell myself that voting for someone because you are disgusted with the other party is not really such a bright idea. However, until that day comes, I will be following this line of logic.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
IMO it really doesnt matter who wins someone out there is going to find a reason to be an idiot and cause a major clash of some kind. With things the way they are now and people so on edge, something is bound to go wrong and as usual all the people "not" involved with it will be made to suffer right along with the idiots.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yeah, I think their will be problems. I volunteered my time to the local Obama campaign this last weekend. Out of 100 calls maybe 2 were voting for MCCain. They were the stupid side of the coin with the reasoning of Rev. Wright or something else as idiotic. One thing that McCain has thats working for him against the Obama campaign is all the lies and innuendos about his gun control position.
Some of the rhumors are getting out of hand. The local PD's are spreading rhumors that hes going to create a 700% tax against guns and ammo purchases. I find it strickingly idiotic for there concern when Obama stance on gun control is for there protection.
The way I see it is if they dont know I have them whos going to care.
Grandholm (the Michigan Governor) is going down to Florida today to back Obama. Its strange because shes a starch Republican. Maybe she realizes that she screwed our state up and someone like Obama will be the only hope in getting herself out of it.
My stance on gun control is this....
Ill let it slide for his nomination. McCain has placed ads that reflect the fact that he is going to follow the Bush policies that got us in this mess (and beleive me were far from out of it).
Ill stay with Obama just to get him elected....then fight him tooth and nail if and or when he tries to enforce any kind of gun control. Our country cannot handle another 4 more years of Bushism. His administration has stripped Americans of wealth (unless youre an elitist, if your not and still have some money you wont in another 2 years of Bushism), Bill of rights and constitutional rights, and more major yet....American jobs.
So, Get Obama in, once in fight his stance on any type of gun control.

[edit on 13/10/08 by Douggie]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You are clearly beyond help and should be "ashamed" of yourself. My advice to you is to take a your Kool Aid in a Big Gulp cup. I'll sit back and dish up the crow after the first year of a Barry administration.

I don't even know what to say to that. It did make me laugh, and quite frankly, I needed one. So thanks for that. My only question though, if Obama turns out to be a great president, will you have the guts to admit you were wrong???

[edit on 21-10-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I don't even know what to say to that. It did make me laugh, and quite frankly, I needed one. So thanks for that. My only question though, if Obama turns out to be a great president, will you have the guts to admit you were wrong???

[edit on 21-10-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

Of course I will admit I was wrong. But I'm sure I won't have to. A Barry Soetoro administration will be just like Jimmy Carter's. There is a guy who voters should be ashamed of.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It has been fun guys, I have to run though. I think we can all agree that the next few years to come, no matter who wins, will be quite bumpy. I can only hope that we are all able to come together as a country, despite our differences, and help to create a better future. If we don't, I fear that the bumpy ride could very well be a whole lot worse, potentially causing us irreparable harm.

Take it easy and no matter who you are for, get out there and exercise the right our fore fathers died for us to have, and vote.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

You should be ashamed when that person ends up doing the absolute worst job he could. Look, I am not trying to knock your intelligence, or your morals, or your beliefs. What I am trying to do is to get you to re-examine the decision process that led you to vote for the worst president in American history. If I ever commit such an act, you had better believe I will follow my same advice. If, in eight years, Obama turns out too be a disgrace, trust me, I will be looking hard at why I voted for him. I will tell myself that voting for someone because you are disgusted with the other party is not really such a bright idea. However, until that day comes, I will be following this line of logic.

If I did vote for Bush then I would look back on it as a mistake. I wouldn't be ashamed for following my heart. Voting for a party because you are disgusted with the other isn't a very bright idea even if they turn out to be a wonderful president. If you want to vote that way then vote Independant. Since they haven't got a shot at winning then that would be the same as voting none of the above. Besides, you should look at it as voting for the man, not the party.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Talking about Bush and Clinton are exacally on topic as they are 2 people on either side of the government. It should (for some) help them to determine if concern should be taken if either candidate wins.

With that said, Yes we should blame the Bush administration for the problems of the US. All I can see from anyones defense is 9/11. Well something just as disasterous economically and fundamentally (god Im getting to hate that word) was enron.
This was a series of lies and mistruths that were concocted by a bunch of Republicans. Ok, Ok, far reaching but it is theroized that 9/11 was made to cover up the enron investigation of which all the paperwork was in building 7.
The Bush administration layed the groundwork for disaster.
Offshoring of Jobs
Offshoring of profits
Changes in the CC payback and BK laws
Price of fuel.

This was all done to help the elitists.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

It has been fun guys, I have to run though. I think we can all agree that the next few years to come, no matter who wins, will be quite bumpy. I can only hope that we are all able to come together as a country, despite our differences, and help to create a better future. If we don't, I fear that the bumpy ride could very well be a whole lot worse, potentially causing us irreparable harm.

Take it easy and no matter who you are for, get out there and exercise the right our fore fathers died for us to have, and vote.

It has indeed been fun.

A little note- Our fore fathers didn't die for our right to vote, our soldiers did. If you see one thank them.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If (but not likely) the Republicans lose, they will wait two years and take over the congress and undo all the damage done by the democrats in new taxes and appeasement policies abroad. If however, the democrats lose, they will riot in the streets, burn buildings, and say racist, racist. It will last about a week and cause much damage.

BTW, when Bush won in 2000, it was said that therapists were dooing a booming business due to the post election depression of the people who supported Gore. So this is also a possibility as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Douggie
Talking about Bush and Clinton are exacally on topic as they are 2 people on either side of the government. It should (for some) help them to determine if concern should be taken if either candidate wins.

With that said, Yes we should blame the Bush administration for the problems of the US. All I can see from anyones defense is 9/11. Well something just as disasterous economically and fundamentally (god Im getting to hate that word) was enron.
This was a series of lies and mistruths that were concocted by a bunch of Republicans. Ok, Ok, far reaching but it is theroized that 9/11 was made to cover up the enron investigation of which all the paperwork was in building 7.
The Bush administration layed the groundwork for disaster.
Offshoring of Jobs
Offshoring of profits
Changes in the CC payback and BK laws
Price of fuel.

This was all done to help the elitists.

9/11 wasn't an excuse for Bush. I used it as an example. Re read everything that was said. My stance is everything that went wrong is because of the faliure of the government as a whole, including Bush.

Oh and 9-11 conspricy threads are that way ---------------->

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Wow what planet are you from? Damage done by the Democrats. Thats a good one.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No matter which side wins, I'm expecting to hear demands for recounts and quite honestly, appeals to the Supreme Court - from both sides. The Obama side is especially vested in this race and a loss would be unfathomable to their campaign. Not only that, you would have the liberal media fueling the call for recounts and screaming voter fraud on behalf of Obama. Can you hear the whining and howling coming from Keith Olbermann and John Stewart on a nightly basis for months after a failed Obama campaign bid? I can.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You know.....

We wouldn't have to worry if his brother was the governor of the swing state that decides the election (I thought elephants never forgot?)

Obama will win.....

Rednecks will panic about words they don't know the definition of....

Hopefully he stays safe.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It has indeed been fun.

A little note- Our fore fathers didn't die for our right to vote, our soldiers did. If you see one thank them.

What do you mean "our fore fathers didn't die for our right to vote?" I am sure we are just talking about a question of semantics here, but I am still curious. Also, wouldn't I too have to be dead to "see" one of them who has died for our right to vote? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It has indeed been fun.

What do you mean "our fore fathers didn't die for our right to vote?" I am sure we are just talking about a question of semantics here, but I am still curious. Also, wouldn't I too have to be dead to "see" one of them who has died for our right to vote? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I was being a smartass, but I see you came right back with your own smartass remark

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Fair enough.

On a side note, are you watching Palin speak right now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join