It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's Message to Moscow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Europe's Message to Moscow

newsweek.washingtonpost.com

The European Union has entered diplomatic no-man's-land by deploying more than 200 monitors to areas of Georgia next to the breakaway provinces of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, replacing Russian forces that invaded Georgia in August. The EU's Georgian deployment is a test of its ability to manage relations with a resurgent Russia, and to develop a more credible approach to the volatile "in-between" lands that stretch along EU borders from the Baltic to the Black Sea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What a spin....
This is a prime example of how far the PTB are willing to go to smear things. Eu is taking a page out of America's book and is beginning to police the world. Now Russia is the ones fault. It's easy to point the finger at them since they have reserves of over a billion gallons of oil. It still is'nt clear whether or not Georgia or Russia started the war but it seems that Georgia is playing the part of the innocent "frightened child".
"The message to Moscow is straightforward. If Russia continues to bully its neighbors and cling to outmoded spheres of influence, the international community will hold Russia accountable. If it uses its energy wealth to invest in its people, build a more sustainable economy grounded in the rule of law, tackle its truly stunning health and demographic challenges, and build better relations with its European neighbors, the EU and the U.S. stand as willing partners." Are you kidding me? What are you doing in Iraq then? This hypocrisy is a blatant stab at the poor victims who died because of the conflict between Georgia and Russia.

newsweek.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Jeez, Let me think….
Who was it that put up a wall around Berlin so people could not flee from their country again?
Was it the European Union?
The United States?
Oh, yeah that would be Russia.

It’s correct that the EU deal with this problem as its on their turf. I am glad to see them take an active interest in their own neighborhood, rather then depend on the US to do it for them. We are going to have our hands full dealing with their getting involved in South America.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Are they truly taking care of it or is it just meddling into another's affairs? How can they sit there and preach about the military advancement of Russia in Georgia territory when they practice the same thing in the middle east. Mind you Military advancement into Georgia was not a war for the rich. It was a war fought to defend a country. Many skeptics have said that Georgia was the first to fire. Although it is speculation we cannot say what really happened. Russia's choice was to either fight back to protect their land. This is in complete contrast to the Iraq War. Steps taken by the Eu would have them weaken the borders. Peace between Georgia and Russia is a great step forward but it should not be coerced by the EU.

And I agree with you South America is heading down a dark path.

-IgN0RanT

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Jeez, Let me think….
Who was it that put up a wall around Berlin so people could not flee from their country again?
Was it the European Union?
The United States?
Oh, yeah that would be Russia.

There was no such thing as Russia in 1961.

A moot point though, because it was the government of the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) that built the Berlin Wall.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

secondly,
evil acts done over 50yrs ago do not justify repeating them against the previous agressor.

In this case, Georgia is in the wrong, and Russia is in the right.
Only an idiot believes otherwise.

And this is Russia's neighbourhood, not Europes.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Funny, I seem to recall that after WWII Berlin was broken occupied zones. The Russians tried to Blockade Berlin because they wanted the whole thing, which lead to the Berlin Airlift only a couple of years after the war. Which eventually lead to the physical wall being built. Maybe I slipped a timeline somewhere along the way though, its possible I suppose.

Actually Russia was around before 1960, but it became the USSR for a time, and is now back to being just Russia. After all USSR really meant Russia, and all the other satellite states that they had occupied.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Interfering in South America? OH YEAH thats right send off billions to all of our third world slaves then just stand back and do nothing when it gets worse......

Wake up man they are all in it together!!!!
Right the Eu just happened in to police things with out their permission...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
States within states will always political kindling. Serving as justification for both sides to initiate conflict.

Both sides can make convincing arguments as far as I'm concerned, because this is no-man's land. We saw NATO rush in to protect Albanian Kosovars in a move which parallels Russia's actions in Georgia not all that long ago. Which may justify Russia's actions. I may be wrong of course, but it certainly looks similar to me, a least in as far as philosophy.

Whatever is said and done will most likely be done in a haze of hypocrisy. WHat a mess

top topics

join