It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Race Baits By Quoting Malcolm X

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
He prepares and conveniently chooses his words very carefully.

What???
Arrest him! NOW!!! It's called intelligence. Articulation. Get used to it. I know it's been a while, but give it a try.

Remember, his "lipstick" comment, you know who that was directed at.

Let's say your suspicion is correct and he was "sneakily" calling Palin a pig. So what? He has been called FAR worse by McCain, Palin and their cohorts. Why is he not "allowed" to jab back??? She is a PIG!

(I don't think he was referring to her as he has said the phrase before and so has McCain and a lot of people.) What's the big deal?

Now he makes "bamboozled" comment, you know who that is directed at.

Yes. It was directed at the McCain campaign. Who do you think it was directed at? What is your suspicion on this one? I'd really like to know.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
His lipstick comment was directed at McCain's "change" plan. Obama's new comment is target at McCain's attack ads and pure out lies. Your point?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I love the way some of these people are quick to whine about so called race baiting by Obama for quoting Malcolm X with one side of their mouth and insist that they are not racist out of the other when it is obvious that the subject matter at hand is all about race.

Really these posters don't do their cause any good whatsoever since they are so totally clueless they don't even know what is and is not racism. Hell I have read fools on here complain that since some blacks call each other n----- then they should be allowed to as well. Like who wants THAT privilege?

More than anything racism is an institutional bias in favor of one race over another and/or the institutional marginalization of one race in favor of another.

I would have a lot more respect for these losers if they would be honest as to why they dislike Obama so as opposed going out of their way to claim that they aren't racist and then post threads like this one.

But then again it is also a sign of progress that they feel obliged to insist that they are not racist... I remember when people were unapologically blatant about it.

If you are opposed to Obama fine, I have no problem with that but be opposed to him because of his party or his policies etc.

The fact that he is black or even quotes another black man should have no bearing on it.

[edit on 23-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

True. 30 years ago they'd be out in their white sheets. Now they have to say the same thing just then turn around and say they aren't racists. Kind of like on Fox News when the right wing talking head asked "Why don't the coloreds vote for republicans." Like uh, cause you call them colored? Because you think they're less than animals? After all you'd never drag your dog to death behind your car or hang your pet fish from a tree.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Can you tell me what exactly Malcolm X ever uttered that wasn't racial in nature and in context?

btw, in case you didn't know, I am not white.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Doesn't matter if you are white or not. You are not viewing things in the context of the situation they were said in. If a Jew said that all Germans are evil during the Holocaust, I would not hold that Jew accountable.

You can't take someone's quotes and not put them into the context from which they were said during that given period of history.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Kind of like say, saying Zelda on the Super Nintendo is horrible gameplay and graphics. Yes, compared to today it is a horrible game. But when it came out it was amazing. Same with Pong. Same with FFVII. Back then they were great, today... not as much. Malcom X spoke when he could be KILLED just for being black and trying to register to vote. He spoke when he could be dragged to death by the police of the town he was visiting. Or as said by you it is like a Jew saying "Damn Hitler he sucks I hate Hitler" during WWII. Does it mean he hates all Germans? Heck, as his wife is dragged to a death camp by the Germans he might just hate Germans.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I don't want to be hoodwinked or bamboozled and I'm white. How is not being susceptible to underhanded tactics a racial issue?

The OP doesn't even say the comments are a quote from Malcolm X, he says they are LIKE something Malcolm X MIGHT say.

And when is it illegal or unethical to quote someone who was controversial in his day? Galileo was universally condemned for heretical beliefs because of his study of astronomy, which is accepted as science today. From reading this thread a person might conclude that any African American who dares to criticize society as it is--or as it was when Malcolm X wrote--is not only un-American but also racist. And that's what they intend to do. Silence all those who might think America could improve in any way. Certainly to keep them out of presidential contention.

One might get the impression that we white people are so touchy we can't stand any criticism at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You say that you are not racist. Fine. You also say that you are not white. I really don't care what race you are.

You claim that this thread is not about race. But the fact is this whole thread is about race.

*It is about the first black man who has a better than even odds shot at the White House supposedly quoting a black man who was a significant figure in civil rights during the mid-60's and that by doing so, the candidate is somehow sending a message subliminal or otherwise to the black community that could somehow be determental to the rest of us.

HOW ON EARTH IS THIS NOT ABOUT RACE?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
THIS JUST IN! McCain quoted a white man! He must only support white people if he only quotes white people! And anyone who qoutes MLK only supports black people! You are pitiful. While the GOP gets millions from Freddie Mac to destroy regulation, and get hundreds of billions back, you're worried about this?

Oh, and just who was it that was sleeping with the VP of Fannie Mae? Yeah, go ahead and check-up on that one, then try and toss some blame around.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

www.abovetopsecret.com... This is where Freddie Mac paid off the GOP. They give them millions, and get billions back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join