It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Race Baits By Quoting Malcolm X

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lordie, Lordie! Grab the babies and run for the hills! A black fella quoted another black fella! They's out ta take over the WORLD!!! And I's plum scairt ta death!

Look, I'm absolutely certain that Obama was referring to Malcolm X's famous words. They were good words that relate to today! We have been hoodwinked and bamboozled by the Bush administration and it's time for it to STOP!!! We won't get fooled again! (Oops, I just quoted some white guys
)

Desperation in the last weeks is pretty funny.

Originally posted by pyrytyes
Now, 2 weeks before the election, I know more about Joe the plumber, who hit the limelight a week ago.

Whose fault is that? There are 2 books out by Obama and literally thousands of articles, interviews, debates, biographies and shows about Obama. If you don't know anything about him, it's TOTALLY your fault. And it doesn't say much for your curiosity.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Are you 'effing kidding me?

I mean really? Are you seriously that delusional or are you trying to prove my point?

When did I fear monger about white people? Or is pointing out the reality of institutionalized racism fear mongering these days?

Whatever, man. This isn't worth the agrivation.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
This isn't worth the agrivation.

Not only that, but I posit that it's not worth aggravation, either.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have to say if Obama really wants to quote a famous black leader, why not quote MLK instead?
He stood for unity, MX did not.
I think even libs would agree with this.

Then I was reminded of a thread from earlier this year:

Obama, Farrakhan Share Cover of Wright's Anti-US Monthly

Sen. Barack Obama's face several times graced the cover of an anti-American magazine run by his longtime pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., appearing on one issue alongside Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan.

"Notice who's missing? Martin Luther King, Jr,"

"It seems inconceivable that, in 20 years, Obama would never have picked up a copy of Trumpet," ...
The Obama campaign did not immediately return a WND request for comment about whether the senator read any issues of Trumpet

The duck keeps walkin' and talkin',...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yeah and if he did quote MLK you guys would be making some sort of noise about that as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You know, for a campaign that was suppose to be colorblind, it sure seems that race has been the center of Obamas whole campaign. Ive listened to both sides intently, I have read the papers, I watched the news, I have been to this website. It is strikingly clear to me that there is more racism, and more accusations since Obamas campaign started then there was 3 yrs ago. It seems to me that he has exploited the African American people for his own means, so that he can pull this card to sway votes and incite unrest for political gain. The man has never had to suffer like true African Americans. He has led a life here in the US of privilege. Hes gone to the best schools, put himself in positions to make great fortune etc. Theres nothing wrong with that, i assume. It does however go against his wife's ideas however about America keeping the black man down, back to the point. Obama has never suffered like black Americans have. His family wasnt brought over on a boat for slavery. He didnt have to suffer through any of the trials that so many other black american families have had to do. This in my mind, means that he cannot possibly identify with the black community on that level. I believe he is an opportunist and has raped the black community of their cause, and used it to his own end.

Obama isnt going to unify the united states. He has made the U.S hypersensitive to color, not color blind. His policy of race as a non issue, has become an issue to Americans because of him.

In conclusion, I believe the man is a genius. There is that old military strategy "divide and conquer"

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Oh sorry, typo's are my enemy.

Maybe it wasn't supposed to be about race, and you are just reading into it? Maybe it was about not being taken advantage of by those in power anymore...regardless of our divisions.

But no, it's because he isn't for unity or some other crap.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Yeah and if he did quote MLK you guys would be making some sort of noise about that as well.

You beat me to that! Indeed, if MLK was mentioned by Barack, there'd be no end to whining about how all of this is just a race card.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

How so?
Please explain because I really would like to know.
To put it bluntly, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

And what do you mean by "you guys"?
Sounds like a racial statement in disguise.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You are funny.

I am not sure how but if he quoted MLK someone would find a way to make a smear out of it.

You guys as in you right wingers... I couldn't give a rats ass about your race and BTW I am about as much of a WASP as you can get.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Its a red hearing, to deflect from the legitimacy of the topic. Its their way of accusing you of being a racist, for daring to question the word of the Lord Obama, because you would obviously have problems with the words of any black man!

Get used to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

NNNOOOOOO!!!

I am not suggesting that at all.

After all of the smears posted here at ATSNN I have come to the conclusion that Obama could say that the sky is blue, the sun yellow and the grass green and someone would find a way to make some sort of hysterical smear out of it.

I cannot help but conclude that somehow the fact that Obama actually has an shot at the White House has unhinged some of you.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Ok, answer this Grover. Who was Obama talking about when he said that? Who was Malcolm X talking about? just answer that question.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Why can't you just take it at face value? I mean come on now he was talking about as far as I can make out the nature of McCain's attack ads and their attempt to change the subject.

Besides that hookwinked and bamboozled is not exactly copy written.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by grover]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Because its obvious he chose his words carefully. Why wont you answer the question?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I just did... I went back and watched the clip in question to make sure my opinion of the thing was accurate and edited my post to reflect that.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

No, you didn't.

www.blackvoices.com...

So I have to stand here today as what I was when I was born: A black man.

Before there was any such thing as a Republican or a Democrat, we were black.

Before there was any such thing as a Mason or an Elk, we were black.

Before there was any such thing as a Jew or a Christian, we were black people!

In fact, before there was any such place as America, we were black!

And after America has long passed from the scene, there will still be black people.

I'm gonna tell you like it really is. Every election year these politicians are sent up here to pacify us! They're sent here and setup here by the White Man!

This is what they do!

They send drugs in Harlem down here to pacify us!

They send alcohol down here to pacify us!

They send prostitution down here to pacify us!

Why you can't even get drugs in Harlem without the White Man's permission!

You can't get prostitution in Harlem without the White Man's permission!

You can't get gambling in Harlem without the White Man's permission!

Every time you break the seal on that liquor bottle, that's a Government seal you're breaking!

Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had!

Ya been took!

Ya been hoodwinked!

Bamboozled!

Led astray!

Run amok!

This is what He does....

You still think Obama wasn't race baiting?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If he said everything you quoted... Yes but he didn't did he?

Like I said there is no copywrite on bamboozled and hoodwinked.

This is another much to do about nothing.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yeah, keep playing stupid...

Why in the world would he use that phrase together if he wasn't trying to invoke Malcolm X? You cant be that dense. Do me a favor Grover. Go out and find me some examples of that phrse being used in a way that wasn't meant to invoke Malcolm X.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You are not worth arguing with.

I don't run around looking for hidden meanings where there are none.

AND I am not stupid. Nor am I afraid of a black man as president. Nor do I feel the need to constantly post attack smears.

What I want to know is why you people are so terrified of him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join