It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[video] Cops kick homeless out of tent citys

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

wow im sorry but could you be any more closeminded, what is more important plants, or people ? can you be any more selfish these are people WITH NO HOMES WHO were kicked out by the gov't AND NOW ? you are kicking them off the field because they are sitting your flowers ? talk about being a selfish punk. oh you cleaned up after them great great, maybe you could tell me what is better , knowing these people will die from the cold and hunger Or youre pretty little flowers will be there till winte ? .... disgusting, Ok back on topc

The government is humiliating its self again, how can these people be treated SO poorly, they lose their homes, now this, and of course instead of helping them with shelters they are botting down their tent city, now that is apolling, maybe the gov't wants to have complete control of the people and is showing what it can do ?....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I've been homeless myself 3 times in my life, always due to circumstances beyond my control. It isn't easy. On the one hand my logical thought is I can't really imagine people actually being homeless by choice. BUT, having said that, I know a few people that are about a 1/2 inch away from being out on the street. All from their own choices. Not because they lost their job, or because their home got sold out from under them or what-have-you, but simply because they choose not to work, they choose to be drug addicts, they chose to be worthless wastes of space and oxygen. Since I know (first hand) what it's like to be homeless, I also know (first hand) that there ARE government programs to help people in need. At least here in America, can't speak for anywhere else, nor am I trying to. I know people that would rather sit and starve, literally starve, than go out and beat the street looking for a job. I know people that go out of their way, working hard, at not working! It amazes me. I know at least 2 people, with I.T. degrees, that aren't working simply because 'they don't feel like it.' I totally understand that one posters 'taxi ride' story, as I have met people like that many a time over the years. Having said all that, and having been through what I have been through, I have to conceed that some people are indeed homeless by choice. There are ways out, you just have to have the will to pursue them.

As for the moving to the hills thing, I have to agree with what one poster said about it being lethal to those not trained in it. I've been hunting and fishing since I was 7, for literally years now, but I can honestly say if I had nothing to work with, I would have a very hard time with it. Modern amenities make camping a snap, take those away and your facing truly hard times. On a side note, having been in and out of the woods and hills for most of my life, the average person would probably be very suprised at how many homeless there are in wilderness areas. Talk to a park ranger or two and they can probably tell you all about it, as well as any laws you might need to know about if you were planning on living for an extended period in the woods.

Chrono

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
These are lazy ass hippies and drug atticts posing as the unfortunates that have lost there homes due to the recent financial slum! Wake up people! We are going to see a lot of these individuals with the situation of the economy now in these tent city's, and law enforcement and other authority's should distinguish these turds from the true victoms of these harsh time's.

These "HIPPIE BUMS" are the same lazy ass leaches of society that were around in the 1960's protesting and trying to spit on my father (and other Vets) when he got of the train in Phila. from the horror he witnessed for 18 months with the Marines in the Jungles of Vietnam.

These people here would be living in a tent if the economy was at it's best! They are just taking advantage of the times to act out and rebel against the establishment, just as they did in the 1960's with the Vietnam war.
They are just lazy and don't want to conform like the rest of us do when we grow up in life and go to work and do what it takes, even though it ain't easy, it's what you have to do and stop the bitchin because compared to other places in this world we have it really, really good even in the worst of times here in the good 'ol U.S. and that's what most of us adults here realize, but not these lazy pachouli stankin charlitans. They think they're special! My mother worked her ass off her whole life and raised five kids up to two weeks before her death at 58 in 2005 of cancer, and never ever complained once that it was too hard, and that's why i hate these types of people with a passion! The cops should beat them down with there night sticks, so we could get a good laugh.

BUM HIPPIES!!

devil

[edit on 21-10-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamechanger
To Serve and Protect!

Riiiiiiight... This is some bs, who the hell wants to leave their house, let alone tent before 7am anyway

Leaving before 7 am is "bs"?

Sometimes, there are people called "adults" who have to go someplace called a "job" to do something called "work." Jobs often begin in the morning, and even though it is not necessarily the most enjoyable thing in the world, sometimes adults have to leave before 7 am.

What I think is "bs" is that some people don't understand the demands of the "real world," which unfortunately involves waking up and leaving home before noon.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The homeless are being targeted by the government authorities. Just today I witnessed a homeless mans disappearance from our city streets. I drove past him and saw him sitting on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that said, "Stranded and homeless with wife and kids. Please help."

I drove past a 1/2 hour later and the police had stopped with lights flashing and were interogating him. The intent of the officers was obviously not helpful or friendly. I can only assume that they gave him and his family a ride to the city limits and released them.

What happens to these people after that god only knows.

They disappear.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's amazing how stupid that idiot cop is. He said they can sleep there after 9pm right? Does that mean then "endangered" plants uproot and leave at that time?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Can somebody explain why I have to choose to work (to be slave of the system) and live in some expensive real estate?

If I choose to be homeless and not work, what exactly is your problem with it? It is my choice, if I am happy and I do not hurt anyone I can do what ever I want.

May be...just may be, if all of us would step out of the voluntary slavery called economy, we would normalise and stop hating and killing each other... so often.

Sure. You can go ahead and be homeless all you want. Just don't do it on a street I paid for with my taxes. Don't collect welfare that I pay for with my taxes. And don't expect me to just hand you cash when you demand it from me while sitting outside the bank doors with a little hat in front of you.

If you CHOOSE to be homeless, then you can go ahead and CHOOSE to be hungry.

People like you just p* me off.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Can somebody explain why I have to choose to work (to be slave of the system) and live in some expensive real estate?

If I choose to be homeless and not work, what exactly is your problem with it? It is my choice, if I am happy and I do not hurt anyone I can do what ever I want.

May be...just may be, if all of us would step out of the voluntary slavery called economy, we would normalise and stop hating and killing each other... so often.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by FIFIGI]
O yeah and maybe we can all hug and become hunter gatherers again and be one with mother nature and everything wil be perfect then, just like it was thousands of years ago....phew!! people like you kill me!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

You can go ahead and be homeless all you want. Just don't do it on a street I paid for with my taxes. Don't collect welfare that I pay for with my taxes.

Eliminate the IRS

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

[edit on 21-10-2008 by FIFIGI]

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read, and I will rip through this point by point.

1. Your first question is to explain why you have to work and live in expensive real estate.
This applies that you are force to live in expensive real estate, which you don't. I think it depends on the definition of "expensive".

2. If you don't work BECAUSE YOU CHOOSE NOT TO, than yes, I am mad. You sound like you're able to work, than work. If you don't want to work, and want to be homeless (which is stupid because no right-minded person would want to be homless) than I shouldn't see you in any park, or any part of the city.
Taxpayers' money goes into parks and whatnot. Parks aren't for a butch of bums who've decided not to work (because work for pay=slavery apparently).

3. Someone can't define slaverly. Debt is slaverly, not work. Economy is what drives this world. That is why communism would never work in the ways its been tried, because the lawyer should get farther in life than the guy who didn't do nothing his whole life, but still get a free place to sleep.

As a matter of fact, in a world where the econmy is good and people have work, there is actually LESS CRIME. More jobs=more consumers=people buying more=more jobs. Maybe that last part is a bit off, but still.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Theres always a job for someone who wants to work bad enough.or is jail ok with 3 meals aday and a bed to slept in and clothes and showers and working toilets.Its better than a tent city. so im not to concerned about those who go to jail cause its a step up for some.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomen kane
Theres always a job for someone who wants to work bad enough.or is jail ok with 3 meals aday and a bed to slept in and clothes and showers and working toilets.Its better than a tent city. so im not to concerned about those who go to jail cause its a step up for some.

That's why its important to have more jobs and oppurtunities! If there is a drug-free, hard working homeless person, than s/he should have the chance to get a job, get some kind of decent shelter, and maybe even get some nightschooling. Reinvent the American dream maybe. Imagine, a homeless man who was down on his luck who evantually became a lawyer or a doctor and went to college.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by damdevildog

CONFORM like the rest of us??
You think its ok to slave your whole life so a corporation can get rich off your labor only to have the government illegally tax it and then end up dead from a disease probably caused by the # in the air, the # in the food etc.. Do you think we choose that path or that its ok that its hard and thats just the way it is? I dont.

That is almost as surprising as it is wrong.

You cant lump all the homeless into one stereotype although you sure are right about some of them..

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TruthasAuthority]

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TruthasAuthority]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I live in DFW, have been arrested and convicted of a felony ( that was ammended to a misdemeanor while I was incarcerated, my luck.) But while in the State Jail facility I volunteared to work on Squads that ranged from everything as Habitat for Humanity to "Bum Chunking". Bum Chunking happens after 7-9 a.m. every morning, but only on weather permitting days. Police and city workers were responsible for security along with our "Bosses", to extract and give the homeless person time to remove their belongings. It usually occured under bridges or buisnesses.

On a few occasions the police and city workers told ( us the inmates ) to dispose of all of their belongings, EVERYTHING that they owned directly into 6-10 industrial dump trunks. Now I sympathize with people that are down on there luck and are having a hard time finding resources to help them recover, but the "Tent Citys" I worked in Dallas were filthy, and even though that it may have been hazardous condition, we were told to remove thier belongings WHILE THEY WEREN"T PRESENT. For all we knew they were at a legitimate job trying to bounce back, or they could have been hustling for drugs.

My point is they were not there to even have a chance to remove there belongings in their "citys", which were eccentialy their communities. They wre literally bulldozed. We did witness some crime and had to pick up everything you could imagine, dirty and clean. No one one in those situations were saints, not the police, not the city employees, not our "bosses", and of course not us dependind on your perspective. The system is so screwed up it bellows dreams of its burning and overthrowing.

If my feelings are wrong why do I feel like a victim to our government its "overnight policies". Revolution is a to infrequently used word, either out of fear or cowardice.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Bum Chunking happens after 7-9 a.m. every morning, but only on weather permitting days. Police and city workers were responsible for security along with our "Bosses", to extract and give the homeless person time to remove their belongings.

On a few occasions the police and city workers told ( us the inmates ) to dispose of all of their belongings, EVERYTHING that they owned directly into 6-10 industrial dump trunks.

Why not just kill off all homeless people and be done with the problem once and for all.

Fail to pay your bills, down on your luck = Instant death sentance.

Behind on your taxes = Instant death sentance.

Disabled and unable to work = Instant death sentance.

Old and decrepit = Instant death sentance.

Mentally ill, gypsy or weak = Instant death sentance.

Burden to the state = Instant death sentance.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by leo123

leo123, judging from the first few posts you've made on this subject, you need to shut the F up right now.

I've been homeless, it's a horrible place to be in life, however I did grow spiritually, I learned to appreciate everything I had, I understood what the people I'd helped for so long in my life were going through (My dad had a pastored an outreach church, we feed, gave jobs and housing to homeless people), I know how hard it is to just "get a job" when you smell bad, have no address and look terrible, lucky for me a kind woman took me in and helped me out a great deal, not even the church I was going to (which was not my dad's btw, they moved and it went belly up) helped me, someone who really knew Yeshua and followed His teachings did.

You are someone who has never tasted the bitterness of complete despair.

Whether these people were doing drugs (to numb the pain of the past and present) or whatever I don't think is the point, where are these people going to go? What if something happens where the working man has no home because he has no job because of the failing economy? Will you be in favor of kicking his and his family's butt to the curb because you don't like to see human trash littering your little park?

You need to experience homelessness to truely appreciate your things, your home and your peace of mind, cause you obviously don't get it, you need to learn compassion for your fellow man.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Thank you Hitler for your sentiment. I am sure you will be amongst the first to fall.

Please sign on the dotted line so we may keep track of you... Or I mean take care... Or well make sure you live a long and prosperous life.

Name: .................

We love you.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Mentally ill, gypsy or weak = Instant death sentance.

Lol, that made my day, thanks bro.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthasAuthority

And if you read my post CORRECTELY i obviousl state that they're are victims of circumstance due to todays economy, but those people are not that!

And as far as being a slave to the economy as you see it, well i jump in dirty rat and cockaroach and (sewage sometimes) filled manholes everyday for work! and you know what "I FUGGIN LOVE IT" because i make great money and when i get home i am free to do what i want, and i can go to the store and buy whatever i want as long as i can afford it, and have piece of mind doing so.

So as far as being a slave of large corperations, i work for a very large electrical utility corp. and they take damn good care of they're employees, are very big with the safety and wellbeing of all of there employees and are fair and treat everyone with respect wether you are top management or get dirty everyday, well brotha i'll just say this: I grew up in a really rough nieborhood in Philly, am a Marine vet, and get dirty as HELL everyday and break my ass for the money i make, but can spend it any way i like! I've seen all kinds of bad # in my life, so i guess that made me appreciative for the things (though not perfect!) that some take for granted here in the U.S.

And as far as paying taxes goes, well i know like most of us here at ATS that our taxes are used for black ops projects and other secret agendas our gov. is keeping from us , and thats a big reason why they are so high, along with paying the tab for the millions of illegal immigrants! But hey our roads can't pave themselves, and our bridges, dams, etc. can't erect themselves so taxes we will pay, or else we will pay!! (pardon the pun)

I myself would gladly pay double or triple the current taxes in this country than have to live tax free in most other country's! "JUST SAYYIN"

devil

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
I've been homeless myself 3 times in my life, always due to circumstances beyond my control. It isn't easy. On the one hand my logical thought is I can't really imagine people actually being homeless by choice. BUT, having said that, I know a few people that are about a 1/2 inch away from being out on the street. All from their own choices. Not because they lost their job, or because their home got sold out from under them or what-have-you, but simply because they choose not to work, they choose to be drug addicts, they chose to be worthless wastes of space and oxygen. Since I know (first hand) what it's like to be homeless, I also know (first hand) that there ARE government programs to help people in need. At least here in America, can't speak for anywhere else, nor am I trying to. I know people that would rather sit and starve, literally starve, than go out and beat the street looking for a job. I know people that go out of their way, working hard, at not working! It amazes me. I know at least 2 people, with I.T. degrees, that aren't working simply because 'they don't feel like it.' I totally understand that one posters 'taxi ride' story, as I have met people like that many a time over the years. Having said all that, and having been through what I have been through, I have to conceed that some people are indeed homeless by choice. There are ways out, you just have to have the will to pursue them.

As for the moving to the hills thing, I have to agree with what one poster said about it being lethal to those not trained in it. I've been hunting and fishing since I was 7, for literally years now, but I can honestly say if I had nothing to work with, I would have a very hard time with it. Modern amenities make camping a snap, take those away and your facing truly hard times. On a side note, having been in and out of the woods and hills for most of my life, the average person would probably be very suprised at how many homeless there are in wilderness areas. Talk to a park ranger or two and they can probably tell you all about it, as well as any laws you might need to know about if you were planning on living for an extended period in the woods.

Chrono

I got to say, I know people like that, people who just don't want to work.

I myself had an incredibly hard time trying to get a job, I get sick a lot because I have a weak immune system, so keeping a job has always been hard for me to do, that's why I moved in with my parents, I've had too many jobs to count over the span of a few years, I can't get any kind of government help, nor would I accept it, I can work, but it's hard for me to keep a job, what I have is almost like AIDs, except it's not as lethal, it won't kill me (maybe), but it makes me get sick every time I turn around.

That's what some of us have, health problems, mental problems, a lot of those people can't get government help, it would be nice if people would take them in as I and my friends have done from time to time, helping them get there life back, we've been successful with a few, but not all though.

A lot of homeless people have mental illness, mental institutions never help them, they just give them drugs and lock them in rooms. I really hurt for those people, being lost, mentally, that's a scary place to be.

Also, if you are going to live out in the wild, farming and gathering is a lot more successful than hunting, logically you spend a lot less energy and time just picking berries and plants then hunting down an animal.

-Lahara

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join