It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A brief history of actual exploding animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Interesting report detailing the infamous exploding whale incident of 1970 plus other unexplained animal detonations.

webecoist.com...

"The infamous exploding whale incident of 1970 sounds like an urban legend, internet hoax or at least an isolated incident - it isn’t any of these. In addition to that particular (intentionally detonated) whale other spontaneous whale explosions have been documented since. And whales aren’t the only animals to explode intentionally, accidentally or naturally: there have been mass unexplained explosions of toads, cases of ants that self-detonate as a defense mechanism and even instances of humans exploding, both dead and alive, not to mention unfortunate dogs and bats forced into service during wartime as suicide sappers."

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
sheep are prone to an intestinal disorder that causes them to explode.

my Uncle to raise sheep and he wasn't very good at so several a year would succumb

no I haven't seen it happen with my own eyes

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
My father is a truck driver and he said that as he was driving down a road one time there was a Jeep driving in front of him and a deer running along the side of the road tried to cross over. It's antler got caught in the grill of the Jeep taking the deer's head clean off and knocking the deer back into a running position parallel with the road. The deer ran for about a mile and then exploded. The man my dad was driving with said it happens all the time.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
and even instances of humans exploding, both dead and alive"

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

This happens all the time right?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
exploding animals is a natural phenomenon where an animal has built up natural gases and then they start tp expand untill finally the pressure is too much and then the inevitable happens.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This made me laugh cos I'm looking at my cat in a different light now, wondering if it's gonna detonate at any moment! I've heard of cases of spontaneous human combustion but never of humans exploding.

Happy easter brother cos you put a smile on my face!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jellyman1991
exploding animals is a natural phenomenon where an animal has built up natural gases and then they start tp expand untill finally the pressure is too much and then the inevitable happens.

Thus proving that some animals are just to dang polite.
Sometimes you just need to let 'er rip.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
thanks runespider for quoting me but this stuff happens everyday, i've seen a couple of animals explode and its not pretty its when the result of the build-up of natural gases created by methane-producing bacteria inside the carcass during the decomposition process expands the animal, and then the animal just explodes outward.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by jellyman1991]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Legume grass fed bovine (cows) are prone to bloat and many use to die from it.

It used to be if they died from bloat and you didn't remove them from the field when it got hot out the body would exploded from the internal gasses building up.

My father was a animal health product salesman and he sold tons of a medicated salt and molasses block call,"Bloat Guard".

Basically a group antacid.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've seen seagulls explode, to my shame

It was our Physics teacher who pointed us young lads in the right (wrong!!) direction.

Birds have no facility to expel gas, it's a weakness we can exploit should a Hitchcock-style situation ever arise.

We used to get Cobalt tablets from the Chemist (used to be used in lamps, when immersed in water it gives off a gas), we'd also pick up scraps from he fishmonger and wrap the fish around the cobalt, secure with cotton and go to war.

we'd throw them up and the gulls would pounce - less than a couple of minutes later ... boom.

I grew up a long time ago and am still ashamed ... but there you are

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by squaell

STOP SPAMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have nothing relevant to say in regards to the thread then dont post. There is also an introduction forum to say hello....you seem like a child!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
that's great, just great.
maybe that's what started the fire at our ranch.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by uberbone

Very interesting.. I wonder if that can be used against the plague of starlings I have grown to detest.
I am sure that many animal corpses will explode, given the right situation, but living? Hmmm...
More research is needed.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

A very interesting and informative post. I knew about the 2004 incident in Taiwan but had never thought about other animal carcasses exploding from natural gas build up. I also did not know about animals being trained/used to blow up enemy vehicles/camps during wars but it does make sense. Actually training dogs makes sense, but bats?? Anyways thanks for giving me something new to ponder.

top topics

join