It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top international military officials meet in Adirondacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
wow - very interesting blog here, lots of 'connections'
Now, I'm not discounting the fact that this 'may' be a hunting trip, but given the current world economic situation. I mean we were all mad when AIG held a conference for its sales people, this is like: we know the world is going to hell in a hand basket, but a little vacation first won't hurt!. Just doesn't sit right with me.

This is a long read, quote is near the bottom of the pageconnecting dots - blog post

And there are the joint chiefs of staff from Europe and the US at a secret meeting at a biological research facility run by a Rockerfeller associate which produces vaccines for Asian flu amongst other things.

Someone else pointed out the runway length to.. strange, didn't know a 757 could land at such a small airport either...really the entire thing is just strange. Also there was no mention of it today on the News 10 channel. Its like a local 24hr CNN in this area. They report 'anything', I was blown away this didn't make it.

I don't live too far from there..if I didn't have to work tomorrow I would go for a drive..maybe Wednesday if they are still there.

Edit - looks like a 757 could land there easily enough, the take off would be tight and the plane would have to stay under 210,000lbs (source-pdf)

[edit on 10/20/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Biden: Obama’s inexperience will prompt nations to test us

ABC News’ Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions. “Mark my words,” the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. “It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”

It looks to me Obama is indeed going to win the election. And perhaps they're just preparing for that particular generated crisis.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Adirondack mountain chain is definitely the spot to hit up on the East Coast if you need privacy. It's the largest State Park in the U.S., and has been deemed forever wild. It's an odd interspersing of both modern and rustic, as most of the towns in the region sit inside state land. A large portion of the initial lands were donated by families such as the Rockefellers, but many of these families still own large tracts in the area. Even two of the ski areas in the area are owned by the State of New York (Whiteface and Gore.)

I loved growing up in this region, its very sparsely populated and so pristine. The weather is rough in the winter, and the people by nature are quite hardy. They're also overwhelmingly Democratic because of their innate belief in the power of helping their fellow man, not because they love abortion or some such. Unemployment is high, and with the reduction in the logging, mining, and manufacturing industries, it's not going to get better anytime soon. Could there be underground bases? Maybe, but a lot of the mining back in the day was for Talc, and that's one of the weakest stones in the world.

For those that think Ft. Drum or Plattsburgh AFB tie into this, I think they're mistaken. There are better and more convenient areas, including a number of small private strips all over this area. Heck, several years ago there was even a missile silo for sale in the Adirondacks, with its own air strip.
www.missilebases.com... Undoubtedly there are still functioning silos in the area.

The UFO tie-in could be interesting, while I don't remember meeting any believers while I was growing up there, the nighttime observation conditions are insane, especially atop some of those clear cut mountain tops. I've seen several unidentified objects, but I'm not a pilot or an astronomer. I couldn't think of a better place to have disclosure meetings though.

The industries that survive in the Adirondacks now are all tourist and tourism related - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, mountian biking, hiking, skiing, canoeing, etc. It's a very popular destination for members of the N.Y. investment classes. Driving through downtown Lake Placid (about 20 minutes from the Lake Clear airport) this summer for my friends' wedding took about 30 minutes because of all the clueless tourists in their Suburbans and Harleys looking for deals at EMS and the ORDA store. Yeah that was a huge surprise to see a tiny Harley dealer up there. That made about as much sense as a snowmobile race in Hell.

About the "other" military vehicles at the Lake Clear Airport - I have flown in and out of their a few times now, and each time I have seen Black Hawks or something similar sitting out in plain sight. I asked the TSA agent there (very friendly, unlike here in Middle America), and she said that they're in all the time. No she didn't give details, but I did ask her about Plattsburgh and Ft. Drum and she didn't have any opinion. I thought that was a little odd that she didn't really care about why they were there. Then again, the 10th Mt. Division is called that for a reason, eh?

Personally, I'm not sold on the impending world government meetings, or the UFO disclosure project, but it's a possibility. The good money says boring meetings at 5 star resorts on the taxpayer's dime, most likely planning the napkin colors for Ukraine's formal admittance dinner into NATO before they go hang out in a tree stand. That alone should be a crime.

Maybe there is another explanation though entirely. Maybe this news blurb wasn't for our benefit at all. Maybe it's disinformation for foreign ears, like how Britney and Anna dominated the news for our distractions and righteous laughter instead of Iraq and Afghanistan? We're all focusing on whats going on over here, while they're over there doing something important.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So, now we have international military group hiding relevant activities to the whole world?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

U.S. and Russian Military Chiefs Meet

HELSINKI, Finland — The United States and Russia on Tuesday sent their top military officers here for an unannounced meeting to seek common ground and to try to move bilateral relations back on track, American officials said. The meeting was arranged with great secrecy and was the first time that Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had met his counterpart, Gen. Nikolai Makarov, since the Russian was appointed chief of the General Staff this summer.

www.nytimes.com...

I don't know if this is somehow connected with the meeting in US?

What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Don't assume that government versions have the same specs as other 757's.
From wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...[/url]
The United States Air Force has fitted four 757-200s for VIP transport duties (C-32A). These are painted in the standard blue and white paint scheme used by the USAF for its VIP transport aircraft. These aircraft are often used to transport the Vice President of the United States under the callsign "Air Force Two". The USAF also operates two 757-200 aircraft (C-32B) for use by the U.S. State Department Foreign Emergency Support Team. These aircraft are painted solid white with only a small American flag and the USAF serial number visible on the fuselage.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by smokingmonkey]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There are just so many possibilities as to why they could be meeting. Global Economic Collapse. A Pandemic. Terrorist threat. Iran. North Korea. Disclosure. The Heliosphere.

What concerns me about the timing is that there just doesn't seem to be anyone in charge now. The World seems to be flailing from a lack of civilian leadership, which may make us vulnerable to military control.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rixhell

So did they leave NY and fly to Finland then? I mean, they can't be in the same place at the same time?

Also I posted a link to charts for the 737-300 showing it could take off and land from that airport in the Adirondacks.

I wonder if the little article in that paper was unintended, because there is no mention of it at all anywhere else.

Since I live just a few hours from there, I think I'm going to drive up tomorrow when I get out of work and see if that 757 is still parked there.

EDIT: Oh! this gets even better, Link to Adirondack news paper is not responding! Is anyone else able to get the link?

[edit on 10/21/2008 by toepick]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, the Helsinki meeting is also on MSNBC:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Strange!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
*Sniff Sniff* Does anyone else smell BS?
It seems highly unlikely that their going hunting.
Probably to avoid the eyes of the public.. limousines parking outside the pentagon or the white house would seem a little... obvious.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From the Lake Placid news:

Security was tight Saturday night at the Whiteface Lodge, where the military officials were staying, according to three separate sources who asked to remain anonymous to protect their jobs.

Lake Placid News - Top Military Official....

Whiteface Lodge

From NY Times Article:

It was the first time that Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, had met his counterpart, Gen. Nikolai Makarov

Now the Lake Placid/Adirondack paper:

The Joint Chiefs of Staff is the leadership council of the U.S. military, comprised of the top general or admiral of each branch of the armed services. Its current chairman is Admiral Michael Mullen.

So which one is he really at. Would he just have aids or subordinates at the meeting with the other world military leaders? Perhaps, I'm sure Admiral Mullen will be caught on film in Finland, so hes probably covered.

But why use a Presidential plane? Just for the benefit of the other world leaders? That in itself is kinda odd isn't it? If there is not a senior government official with them like Adm. Mullen or the VP or President? Other world leaders flying around with some Military guys in a Presidential Plane? (Cheney is off campaigning for McCain and Bush is pictured on the 19th getting out of his helo at the White House).

This is still pegg'n my strange meter..sorry

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Oh oh oh...I can't resist this I am sorry!...but since Lake Placid was brought up I had to say.. "I am personally rooting for the crocodile."

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This is still pegg'n my strange meter..sorry

That's pretty cute! Sorry, but I had to say it.

Are you going there tomorrow? Take pics if you can. I'm looking forward to your post.

[edit on 10/21/2008 by Aislin]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

ty

I think I may actually..I don't think I will get close enough to this lodge if its under the security that seems to be mentioned, but I would love to at least get some pics of the aircraft.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, it's obvious that admiral Mullen is in Helsinki, and other people are at the Whiteface Lodge. As to what they are doing, nobody has a clue, but I doubt they are there for the preseason ski sales.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I'll tell you what occurred to me when I saw this Biden bit. I think the Obama campaign is trying to make the most of Colin Powell's endorsement by playing up how important his input could be to an Obama administration. Just my 02.

edit for sp

[edit on 22-10-2008 by resistor]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Don't mean to sound overly superstitious, but if the military brass chose Air Force 2 often used by the vice-president to take them on a hunting trip, a follow up in the news maybe due.
www.cnn.com...

Sorry about your leg, admiral . . .

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Drove up to the airport today, was hoping to at least get a pic of the 757, but as I expected it wasn't there. Empty airport, only one TSA guy.

So either they are all gone or it just dropped them off and then left. So, just took one picture of an empty airport with my cell phone. Tried to drive around to see if they could have hidden it anywhere to, but there really is nothing big enough there to hid a 757.

On a side note, it was snowing lol

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
Drove up to the airport today, was hoping to at least get a pic of the 757, but as I expected it wasn't there. Empty airport, only one TSA guy.

So either they are all gone or it just dropped them off and then left. So, just took one picture of an empty airport with my cell phone. Tried to drive around to see if they could have hidden it anywhere to, but there really is nothing big enough there to hid a 757.

On a side note, it was snowing lol

Thank you for going there and taking the pic. Well, if it was a hunting trip, they must not have had much luck.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just for sake of information I report here an extract from an Italian web site writing about this news, translation is mine so I apologize for possible mistakes.

** Start **

In the Saranak Lake area there is an highly important military place where the meeting could be held: the Trudeau Institute, a biochemical laboratory where "pandemic" type micro oraganisms are grown. The official version says they are used to create a vaccine against the most letal flus. The scientists of Trudeau Institute carry on the resarches along with the US Navy, therefore everything is covered by military secret.

Coincidence: just some daye earlier - 1st October to be precise - president Bush issued a decree called «Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance & Continuing Appropriation Act 2009» (H.R. 2638).

It is a law in preparation of catastrophes and it also give 1.6 miliion US$ as an added financing for the «joint program between the Trudeau Institute and the US Navy to develop a vaccine against next pandemic flu».

The article continues...

** End **

It could be just a coincidence but.... what about that "next" pandemic flu they forecast? Which was the previous one than? The Spanish flu in early 1900?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join