It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passport needed to buy mobile (cell) phone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just one step closer to a society where everybody is under total control by the government.

When the government points the finger at you, who is going to believe you are innocent? This is a excellent way to get rid of difficult people...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack

Originally posted by uncover_the_truth

Originally posted by ho chi minh
Why are we slaves to these devices??? I'm old enough to remember a time without this technology and guess what? we survived.This is however a worrying development,what happened to this country....the british are becoming more stupid and dumbed down by the day.

I think its just a coincident that i too post about passport but its about how to Disable your passport's RFID chip !! check it out at www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why was this thread deleted? I didnt see what it contained, but even finding it in the search engine, it was deleted and had been posted to 6hrs prior. Was it moved or something? Im interested in this disabling of RFID. Im sure ATS wouldnt try to sensor something like that right? hehe

sorry off topic here, but I still cant find it, does this not spark anyone else's interest? Mods perhaps, if you could kindly explain to me if this referenced thread was deleted or what, and if its not asking too much, if it was deleted, what for? and anyone with info on disabling RFID, feel free to U2U me your method.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Why these unecessary steps???? Just more BS? Soon we will need an ID if we want to go for a walk.

Totaly paranoid and schitzophrenic. Delusional. Crazy.
Have i missed anything??

Absolutely, you missed something. The next step will be to make it illegal to post on forums like this, unless we provide our real names, addresses, phone numbers and next of kin.
Welcome to 1984 revisited. Big Brother sees all and knows all.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
my mobile phone is the nokia 3310 and its on pay-as-you go.. i have owned it from new... i will never upgrade..i keep getting calls telling me i can get an upgrade if i subscribe to a contract etc.. i use i phone for emergencies only , maybe once a week... a £5 top-up lasts me 3 months at least...lol i have never registered it and never will...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

my mobile phone is the nokia 3310 and its on pay-as-you go.. i have owned it from new... i will never upgrade..i keep getting calls telling me i can get an upgrade if i subscribe to a contract etc.. i use i phone for emergencies only

If they're calling you, they know what plan you have, and where you are, via the embedded GPS chip. Doesn't that concern you?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It seems to me that the only way to attempt to fight orwellian measures like this, would be to GET RID of your mobile. Is it really so essential or maybe even people have been brainwashed into thinking they c'ant live without one.Getting rid of the PC would really hurt though!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by fatdad

my mobile phone is the nokia 3310 and its on pay-as-you go..

If they're calling you, they know what plan you have, and where you are, via the embedded GPS chip. Doesn't that concern you?

No, that phone does not have a GPS chip. So it should not concern anyone who has that kind of a phone. Many of the newer and more expensive models have a GPS chip, but not all, and definitely not the cheap ones.

It is true that anyone having a cellphone turned on and registered to a network can be tracked down and located at least within a mile, but that's the thing you'll have to accept. Unless you have a prepaid pay-as-you-go card that you have purchased anonymously, inserted in a phone that NEVER has had your real card inserted into it. That's the only way you can be fairly safe from being tracked AND identified.

If you have the phone turned on, it can be tracked. It's then up to you if they can also identify the person who has the phone. The easiest way to identify this person is to check who the user has contacted or been contacted by, and run a cross-check of all available phone call logs to find out others who may fit that profile.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think when the real ID comes into play we will be worrying about more than mobile phones. Just about everybody and their momma is going start asking you to produce it. Want to enter government buildings, swipe your card. Want to buy cigs or alcohol, swipe your card. Want to use public transportation, swipe your card. The card will be required in the name of safety when in reality it is just to see what the hell you are doing.

All eyes are upon you.
Swipe your card.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This link below is a clear cut example of the governments reasoning that we should be forced to show ID to buy a mobile phone. Obvious timely release for promoting the governments agenda here by the way, one thing I learned from my history class at school, read between the lines!

www.bbc.co.uk

Well these terrorists would STILL have carried out the attacks even if they had to show ID to purchase a mobile phone, they were so closed off to the rest of the world.

A closed mind is a weapon of mass destruction - but how do people get this way in the first place? If we discovered this then perhaps there would be no terrorists and no need for the government database.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

just had another call asking what make my phone was and if i wanted a free upgrade to a n95.. when i told them how mush i spend per month on calls they said i dint qualify.. i kept asking but what about my free n95 and she hung up...lol... as for knowing where i am being over 25 stone and one foot i cant be far...lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
one foot not one feet tall ...lol

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is so stupid! As other posters have said, phones can already be traced (some anyway) but when one is stolen, they say they can't locate it through GPS or where any calls are coming from - a person on my network said it wasn't possible. I'm not sure if that's a privacy thing, but it just annoys me. That should, in my mind, be the only permittable of tracking with mobiles because if it's stolen and you have logged a crime number etc, that is criminal activity! It's idealistic at best but I just wish they's actually catch criminals instead of the whole country as 'potentials' - as a previous poster has mentioned.

So now they want to trace you and collect info on mobile users because of 'terrorism'? They want to trace everyone like criminals but can't get off their butts and find stolen phones - which would be really helpful - and stop them being sold on. I just wish this country would wake up and smell the BS.

And WHO looks at all this data anyway? Some idiot civil servant with more power than brains? Some government lackey who leaves it all on the train? Labour have a habit of being very unreliable with data protection, let alone never giving any credible reasons about why they need it. I never meet anyone who says they are worried about terrorism, but Labour seem to get away with using it as an excuse to take away every civil liberty they can one-by-one. They seem to have read '1984' as a guidebook not a warning.

The US (patriotism act??!!) and the UK (going the same way...) need to sort it out. And as for ID cards, I'll go to prison before I have one, or just get out before it all gets really absurd.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I just got a phone 2 days ago, I didn;t have to show anything.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

No you don't need a passport/driving lisence to buy a phone in Ireland. Im from Ireland. What # are you talking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join