It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Smells Of STEAK Say NASA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Forest

Quite possibly steak smells like space, not the other way around.

Wow... you just blew my mind....

What does this mean for Cows.... or... The Ambassadors from SPACE!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by sonnny1

He is to wash the inner parts and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, an offering made by fire, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.~Leviticus 1:9

These are all offerings made on land being referred to?

Still not sure why the Lord likes dead flesh, that in itself is pretty interesting when compared to the smell of space.

God is one creepy dude.

Some passages are really strange. When we find that the "heavens" smell like meat, as it is, you have to wonder if the sacrifices, here on Earth, wasn't also a sensory thing, figuratively. Imagine, being able to go back in time, and tell them, "yep, it smells like this up in Space, also"......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Wait, wait...

There is such a thing as a "smell" analyzer, or smell something or other, because i heard about it while watching that Caley Anthony case.

They can take samples! Just like they did in the above mentioned case and they came up with the smell of death.

Still, pork would make me happier! Nice crunchy and highly spiced!!!!

Sure there is! It's called the Smell-O-Scope.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The video posted by Unity99 about the vatican translator makes the claim that god was actually a space traveler and that was the reason that he like the offering of burnt flesh. This could have been the reason that he accepted Abel's offering and rejected Cain's.

He also goes on to say point out other parts that when literally translated also show that the god of the bible was a being that traveled in some form of vehicle and had given them a device (radio) to contact him when they needed help.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Nothing would surprise me......

example:

Cargo cult activity in the Pacific region increased significantly during and immediately after World War II, when the residents of these regions observed the Japanese and American combatants bringing in large amounts of material. When the war ended, the military bases closed and the flow of goods and materials ceased. In an attempt to attract further deliveries of goods, followers of the cults engaged in ritualistic practices such as building crude imitation landing strips, aircraft and radio equipment, and mimicking the behavior that they had observed of the military personnel operating them.

Cargo Cult

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by sonnny1

The video posted by Unity99 about the vatican translator makes the claim that god was actually a space traveler and that was the reason that he like the offering of burnt flesh. This could have been the reason that he accepted Abel's offering and rejected Cain's.

He also goes on to say point out other parts that when literally translated also show that the god of the bible was a being that traveled in some form of vehicle and had given them a device (radio) to contact him when they needed help.

I wasn't able to watch the video so thanks for the recap.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Mmmmmm... Acrylamides. No wonder I like the smell of fried meat so much.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Now that is something I have never heard of in my life. Cargo cults. Makes sense in a strange way. How interesting.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by governmentsecrets

Way to wreck a good steak. Rare!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
da fudge did I just read?

Another piece of information I will keep with me forever and blurt out to ruin a perfectly normal conversation...

edit on 21-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The article (yes, from the SUN) states the smell was on their space suits after being exposed- not sticking their noses out and smelling space. They also likened it to burning metal.

So why would they attribute the smell to 'space', since it appears to be the smell of their spacesuits after exposure to radiation in space? Perhaps the solar exposure alone was enough to cook it (the plastics, metal, etc.) to give it that funky smell.

Still, the article headline makes for a nice line to drop into a dinner conversation whenever you want to weird someone out (or just leave them dumbstruck).

"Oh hey Charlie can you pass the salt?"

"Yeah, sure. Hey did you know outer space smells like steak...?"

"Uhhhh, wut?"

Space is a vacuum, it's devoid of air molecules and therefore smells. If you tried to smell space you'd only smell the inside of your nose as it flash-freezes. And then you'd die.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Space is a vacuum, it's devoid of air molecules and therefore smells. If you tried to smell space you'd only smell the inside of your nose as it flash-freezes. And then you'd die.

Dang Black..........

I was hoping the death part, was just a myth...............

Superman NEVER had any problems, breathing in space........

And he smelt prime Rib......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe it is myth, lol, have we ever conducted an actual experiment with exposure to space? I think it's mostly inferred, since we sorta know what happens to living things in a vacuum, at -400C, and with no air.

I think maybe what NASA was referring to was the dust picked up by their suits that might have been floating around in space? Lunar soil must be kicked up by meteors all the time and enough dust from the moon could be encircling the earth, that some of it can be picked up by our astronauts. Who knows? And how can when Superman flew into space his cape was always flapping behind him?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ill pass on taking off my helmet, in a vacuum, Thank You........

Even if it means, I dont get to smell the lovely aroma of Steak.........

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Now we know why we have no conclusive evidence of UFO's..

It's not that space smells like burnt flesh, it's just that the Earth has B.O.

Oo

"Where do ya fancy going on holiday, Gort? Earth??"
"Nahh that place stinks.. lets go to Uranus!"

oO

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Laughing out loud. Good one.

Honey, where should we go on vacation this year?

Well I'm not going back to Jupiter - the weather is absolutley terrible. And remember our trip to Mercury? Way too hot this time of year. And NO Earth - the enitire thing smells like Nebraska! Too bad Uranus is, well, Uranus. How about we just watch tv and order in?

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

This article goes a little more in depth than the Suns article:
What does space smell like

Though a pure, unadulterated whiff of outer space is impossible for humans (it’s a vacuum after all; we would die if we tried), when astronauts are outside the ISS, space-borne compounds adhere to their suits and hitch a ride back into the station. Astronauts have reported smelling “burned” or “fried” steak after a space walk, and they aren’t just dreaming of a home-cooked meal.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

mmm, space-borne compounds, it's what's for dinner...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is the bigger picture to look at here.

The Idea of outer space that smells like a burnt stake, must indicate that, the burnt smell is consistent through out the hole universe. Now if that is true then you have to imagine as to how much burnt biological matter is floating out in the hole of the universe.

Now if this is the case then where did all of this matter come from ?

If there is some much of this burnt biological matter how did it get there?

And where there is burnt biological matter there must also be some kind of life that is supplying the universe with this stuff.

Then that begs the question is there more life than that the vacuum of space holds?

Just to many questions to ask and not many answers to fill in the gaps.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

No, its very basic, your skin cells slough off and the radiation fries them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join