It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance in America *A Must See*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I don't want people to be "desensitized."

I want people to put their sense and their wits first, and not become so emotionally involved that you get visibly shaken or frightened at the prospect of a liberal multi-racial candidate to believe that he hates whites or is a secret muslim or whatever rumors they get.

That goes for both sides. I've seen the videos with these hicks, but I've seen just as bad and worse from SOME lefties when they talk about Bush or McCain or Palin. Both sides do it.

At the end of the day, you're choosing between 2 rich politicians. 2 arrogant elites. "Giant Douchebag vs Turd sandwhich"

Supporters and Detractors of both candidates should remember that.

But what can I expect, Presidential elections are just shallow popularity contests.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

yeah but you are falling for the same bs i speak of.

obama support's made the video.
the video had way more than the interviews you saw.
they hand picked the best"worse"cases they could find.
of rural america's people that hate obama for crazy reasons.
to further obama cult following.

country people are out to get obama is what they tried to prove in this piece of dribble.
they chose a state where they had a little southern draw.
with value's that don't describe obama's.

thus you fail right along with the maker's of this video to show country people or rural americans hate obama .
a few might but im sure a few do in cities also.

But MY GOD don't you put down obama!!
pshhh plz
This is all this video spark's is typical obama supporter's behavior
Speak against obama is to be mocked at and poked fun at!!
exactly why they made the video to prove that fact also.

No I'm falling for "BS" at all. I don't disagree that the comment here are probably cherry-picked to an extent. I think most people realise that. However in your bid to wiggle and squirm and be outraged at these videos, the fact remains: cherry-picked or not, these appear to be genuine comments made by McCain and Palin supporters. I don't really care how representative they are as that's another point; I'm commenting on these interviews.

What's so hard to understand?

What you're falling to understand that as a non-American I can't really 'fall' for any partisan politics because I can't actually vote in an American election. I can take an interest, but beyond that?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

There are lots of people who aren't racist nutbags but who are genuine, sane Americans who hold conservative political beliefs, there are plenty here on ATS. Let's not try to lump them all together.

As a non-American who was gob-smacked at some of the comments on the videos, I actually agree. I don't actually have to be in America to be aware that all conservatives/Republicans aren't like this. There's racists and ignorant people everywhere and they have all kinds of political allegiances; it's certainly not specific to American Republicans and I doubt it's actually wholly representative either.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama's credentials are a joke!! Just being a Lawyer doesn't qualify him to lead this Nation.

Graduate of Columbia, Graduate of Harvard Law School, President of Harvard Law Review, Practicing Civil Rights Lawyer, Professor of CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. You forgot to mention a few. Sorry man, but that's more than I have achieved in my young lifetime (although I'm still young so we will see...), more than you've achieved in your lifetime (I'm pretty comfortable saying that), and damn more than McCain had accomplished in his 72 years of life. Oh, if you don't count the Keating 5 debacle, something one of these candidates was actually INVOLVED IN, not just by the transitive property of B.S., but INVOLVED IN.... I think it's funny when McCain calls for ousting the corruption in Washington.

There is far more to life and success than pure academics and text books. Ask any of the top, self made CEO's in this world.

As it's become apparent by this economic crisis, I'd be very interested in listening to those CEO's on how they made so much money. And you're right, having the ability to not only be knowledgeable on the subject he had the ability to pass on the knowledge to young people as a professor...What a loser...

He seems to always just get by.

You want to talk about just getting by...did you forget to read or respond to the FACT that Mr. McCain finished FIFTH from LAST (that's the bottom) of his class in college? You want to talk about connections? John McCain went to that school because OF HIS FATHER, nothing else, and he was actually quite resentful about it. And as a pilot, he wasn't exactly top shelf. Research his career if you've got time.. I liked the part where he flew into power lines!

Look, I obviously hit a button with a diehard McCain supporter, so I should probably let you know I support neither, but I do value education. I'm sorry you can't see the value in all the years Barry spent in school. I'm not arguing from a biased perspective, I'm using facts to show you Obama has a lot more knowledge when it comes to the Constitution and the laws that protect YOU, and me. All McCain has to show for his education is the brainwashing the military puts you through, so when its time, you can pull that trigger, whether it be civilians, insurgents, terrorists, etc (research McCain's mission when he got shot down if you don't mind)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
As a man who grew up in the great state of Ohio, it sickens me to see such ignorance and hatred. Interestingly enough, I was surprised to see al jazeera in Ohio.

A number of people have expressed surprise at Al Jazeera reporting on the US. I routinely look at a half-dozen "news" websites around the world -- including Reuters, BBC, CNN and others. Al Jazeera is one of the best on my list (english.aljazeera.net...). Their news articles consistantly display less bias than any other news agency around. Sometimes, they are the only website that will report on US blackbag antics.

Their broadcast on Ohio looks completely authentic and reminds me of the caliber of people I frequently encounter in the deep south. Another enlightening video could be made of some of these people during their worship rituals. Some of these people "speak tongues", handle snakes and drink poison (no I'm not kidding) during religious worship.......

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Obama should watch this movie to learn how to connect with the people in the videos. President Camacho knows how to get respect.

Clip from Idiocracy. PG-13 Content.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
so, are we still saying that eugenics is off the table?...

Really now, for as many crazies that willingly show their ignorance, there are many more intelligent supporters who realize the benefit of NOT making their views just as public - a healthy fear of media twisting and mischaracterization.

Once Barry is crowned, ahem, elected, the best way to get through this is to help educate these people. good luck, me, I'm skipping town before Pres. Cheney enacts PD51......

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by americans r stupid

I can tolerate the daily "stupid American" threads and I can even stomach all of the hateful and misinformed rhetoric that spews from a lot of you people.

But your screen name is a direct insult to a lot of people on this board and a blatant violation of the T&C and has no place on a site like ATS.

Mods let it be known...this is unaccaptable to a large portion of your users, myself included.

[edit on 10/17/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by americans r stupid

haahaaa,, nice

post americans r stupid!

by the way I AGREE! lol

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
:

[edit on 10/17/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
People didn't like that message. They executed or imprisoned the messengers:

One guy was nailed to a cross.

Another was assasinated at the Ford theater.

One guy was shot four times in the back outside The Dakota.

Another man was shot on the Lorraine Motel balcony.

This man was shot on the grounds of the Birla Bhavan.

Yet another was shot in a car at Dealy Plaza.

Another man spent 27 years in prison for fighting a doctrine of hate in Africa.

Is it any wonder there isn't any peace?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuke the usa
People didn't like that message. They executed or imprisoned the messengers:

One guy was nailed to a cross.

Another was assasinated at the Ford theater.

One guy was shot four times in the back outside The Dakota.

Another man was shot on the Lorraine Motel balcony.

This man was shot on the grounds of the Birla Bhavan.

Yet another was shot in a car at Dealy Plaza.

Another man spent 27 years in prison for fighting a doctrine of hate in Africa.

Is it any wonder there isn't any peace?

Copied right from page 9. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
yes those people are a little on the ignorant side, little backwoods. The problem is, there are ignorant people on both sides. Obama is as much a criminal as McCain is, and either one are going to give this country the final little push over the edge. I get so sick of both sides, people get so blinded by frigging what party someone belongs to. We dont have a choice, we are screwed either way, neither candidate will do a damn thing to change anything in this country.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I dont know where I heard it, but I heard that the latest tactic being used on us sheeple is shock and awe, and thats exactly what I see here in this thread, people in shock and awe at this situation, and not to mention, the obvious divide this creates between folks.
I cant say I wasnt included in being awed here, I seriously forgot how interesting people can be when they dont think beyond what someone else has said or what others have told them. I dont have a problem with people having faith in their religion, I wont even discuss that intricate situation, but to have faith in what others say at face value about other people? thats just inconsiderate and dangerous, not for me, but for them, weather they know it or not. I have a strange feeling that a lot of "stupid" people will be killing off a lot of other "stupid" people in our future and in the meantime, the hippies, independents, bums, ravers, and all around love based thinkers, will be left over cause they didn't get involved in the conflict.

Thats interesting, perhaps that is what this whole End Game scenario is about, getting rid of the people that cant think, and keeping all the folks who figured out the iluminatti and thought for themselves. That really would make for a better society I think. I mean, im not for killing people, let people be stupid if they want, but if stupid kills stupid because they didnt think for themselves, then thats just the nature of evolution it seems.

I mean, on one hand, I can imagine that everyone is a product of their environment and only as smart as the information they have witnessed, and feel no one is to blame for their stupidity, and then on the other hand, I realize that I can question my own intelligence, and also that I had come to the point of being able to see it that way, by admitting to myself I know nothing because everything I know is based on language that I did not invent. I believe everyone can make this obvious observation, and at which point they either decide to take it deeper and think for themselves without the biases of anyone or anything else from earth, or they decide thats just crazy and go along with what they think they know. IT just comes down to some people wanting to know the truth, and some people wanting to feel accepted in a group. I dont really know what makes me the way I am, so I cant decide weather these people are at fault or not, I dont like to think I am special in any way, so automatically I have to assume that everyone has the ability to question things to their deepest core. Then I think, maybe some people are just born stupid and wont get it this lifetime or maybe even the next, so then, is it our job to have compassion for these folks? I think yes, they are our children, we cant just let the iluminatti stroke our ego's, sure it may be survival of the fittest letting stupid kill stupid, but saying that, is also to deny our supposed intelligence, if we really are so great, we should be able to figure out a way to take care of those that cant think, helping them to a position to be able to, all the while etc etc walk lightly in nature, and live peacefully.
If everyone really thought for themselves, and I mean really deeply thought it all out, looking at the biggest picture of all, there would be no dischord between men, as even though the unwise may attempt to challenge the wise with whatever they will, the wise would see it as a parent see's a child, and using their wisdom, helps them help themselves. sorry for the long post, thoughts happen in mere split seconds, but to describe them can take pages, I tried my best to condense it... love you all.

edit to add: I know my scenario leaves a lot out, it actually can go in a plethora of directions, this is just one scenario based on the psychological methods used, nonetheless, I believe they all have very similar outcomes in the ultimate long run.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93
reply to post by triplesod

Also regarding that signature...

I don't believe "the troops" gave me ANY rights, ever.
In fact it could be argued "the troops" indirectly have assisted in the systematic loss of liberty in the USA.

NOBODY gave me rights.

The Government of the USA recognizes that I have certain rights, but they did not give me those rights.

With that said, God bless the soldiers ....and damn those who abuse them.

Well since it's my signature, allow me to explain.

My sig doesn't say "rights". It says "freedoms". There's a world of difference.

I agree that no one gave me rights. Those I was born with.

U.S. troops most certainly gave me freedom, however. That is not a right. It is a luxury that I am proud of. Were it not for our military, for example, the U.S. might well have been occupied by Germany in WWI or WWII.

Our country might well have been invaded by another country whose regime could very well take our freedoms away by instilling a government of communism or even worse, tyranny.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

Just wanted to commend your post, ImaNutter, a few up above. As I read through I just wished to add one point of clarification....about McCain's finishing near the bottom of his class....this was the Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland. Not exactly some second-rate school!

Yes, the gist of you points is valid - McCain wasn't especially keen on learning to fly, seems he just felt the pressures of his Father and GrandFather...keeping up the 'family tradition', as it were (hmmmm....sound familiar???).

And yes, before he was shot down in Vietnam he crashed, according to some reports, at least three other airplanes. Guess he was just a 'maverick'?

Also, and I apologize because I can't remember where I saw this, he had something like 20-hours of 'battle-time' in his A-6....meaning only a few sorties before getting popped.

Here's where this relates to the title of the OP --- people who don't read, and/or likely only get their 'news' from one particualar source on the television, are less likely to be well-informed of all of the aspects, the nuances.....and by THAT criteria can be considered 'ignorant'...which is such a 'loaded' word...and 'emotional' word, when it shouldn't be.

"Ignorance" is simply....the absence of knowledge. It happens to rhyme with 'innocence' which, although purely a quirk of the English Language, it still works to illustrate MY point.

EDIT...forgot to add the brilliant segment Jay Leno sometimes does, for his show...he calls it 'JayWalking'....I'm sure everyone has seen it. Makes me shake my head every time (Yes! I know they edit out the people who answer the questions correctly....but the sheer number of completely 'clueless' people is staggering!)

[edit on 10/17/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow. . .those videos showed a plethora of stupid. Sometimes I think there should be an IQ test when a person registers to vote. However I must say these videos did give me a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

brainwashing the military puts you through, so when its time, you can pull that trigger, whether it be civilians, insurgents, terrorists, etc (research McCain's mission when he got shot down if you don't mind)

That's complete BS. You don't get brainwashed. Whether it be civilians? you're talking garbage man.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Google Howard Stern interviews obama supporters.That pretty much says it all.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join