It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the 14th of october was a plan to make people stop believing in aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It justs proves to me what I have already known..no alien in contact with us or sending messages through us. There is a very high probability that there is alien life out there but visiting us...not so much. To those that will say to have an open mind...Having an open mind does not mean for you to forget reason and logic. It is logical to assume that no alien life has visited us due to the distance and it is reasonable to assume they are not here due to the lack of evidence for such things. As for it being a conspiracy...naw just some old broad looking to make a buck and preying on the gullible...like icke and amy other person that claims alien life is here.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Nah, this wasn't a plan to make people stop believing.

It was a plan to make money: pure and simple.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
No.

All this was a scam, a fraud perpetrated by a con artist, it was a profitable for Bloosom Goodchild and that is why she did it.

Nothing to do with a conspiracy this time.

But you do a have point, this has served one important purpose, it could not have made ufology-aliens-ufos subject look more ridiculous.

So at the end

"Bloosom Goodchild" 1 (million dollars or more probably)
Ufology 0

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I came up with an interesting hypothesis the other day.

If these "aliens" are a product of 1) Project Blue Beam, or 2) Demonic entities, and if these is in furtherance of a one-world government via an antichrist, then perhaps they fully intended it to go through on all the time frames they keep harping on (pun intended), but are prevented by God from doing so.

It was just a random thought.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Or perhaps, more simply, it was just a con artist at work!

Really, I don't think there's anything else to it, it's that simple!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by timelike]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How can anyone stop believing in UFOs?
UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object, and there will always be Unidentified Flying Objects, right?
What about all those people (from all walks of life) who have seen UFOs and what about those people who claim to have seen aliens?

reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I sincerely don't believe Goodchild is a con artist. to me it doesn't make sense to make a phony prediction that would be disproven within weeks. If she wanted to make money why didn't she just set the date further into the future, maybe 2012 and thus have a lot more time to make money.

Also I think she seems very genuine in the new video, she really seems like a woman whose worldview has just been shattered. I found it quite heartbreaking actually.

It's very possible that she is just a deluded woman who has been hearing voices.
I am personally open to the concept of people channeling other entities, however one should keep in mind that just because a supposed channeled entity claims to be from some Galactic Federation of Light, that doesn't mean it's true.
If you believe in negative spiritual entities, who feed on messing people up (call them demons or whatever), then what better way to do this than to pose as a friendly alien who's about to land in a huge mothership. This ordeal has certainly disrupted a lot of people...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Or perhaps, more simply, it was just a con artist at work!

Really, I don't think there's anything else to it, it's that simple!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by timelike]

I agree, it really is that simple

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've told you guys to watch out for this lady.....she's just another "messenger" that appeared out of no where and began talking about prophecies of UFO fly-by and landings.

I'm surprise so many people feel for this same trick personally, Yahweh anyone? The man was a con artist.

If it involves money its probably fake....and serious...

I personally feel this whole "Galactic Federation" messengers, are a group of well-organized and well-networked con-artists who are out there trying to make a few bucks off UFO believers.....

Deny Ignorance right? we should be doing more of that my fellow UFO and alien believers

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If anything at all, this was just a scam to show how really gullible some people are - willing to beleive anything with no evidence whatsoever simply because they want it to be true.

I'm 100% sure the serious UFO/alien believers saw through this from the start - as did 99.9% of everyone else who heard about it.

It actually amazes me that anyone on ATS fell for it!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
Is it atall possible that the recent hype over the 14th of october was just a plan all along to discoiurage people from believing in aliens beings and that we are being visited by them because i think im right in saying that since nothing happeneed on the 14th alot of people have now lost some faith in the existence of aliens.

i for one still have my faith well and truly in the existence of them infact im sure they exist and noone can change that but it cant be said for some people i know who have now lost faith in them completely and im wondering have some of you now lost faith in other beings not from this world or is it possible that it was a plan all along.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

I dont think you are right.

In my little world and opinion the American government WANTS people to believe in aliens.

For Example:
If they want to make people believe we are getting attacked by aliens just for their own good, (NWO or whatever) then why would they want to make people dont belive in em? It would hurt their cause!

For Example: NASA is used to generate enormous amounts of money to be used in above top secret black projects. NASA's main goal is to find life out there. So why would they want to make people believe we are alone?

There are reasons the governments never say there is no alien life. They say we are not being visited but they never said we are alone... and like i said, it has its reasons

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why would people stop believing ? There's really no discussion to be had.
Anyone who's not a tard should know there is other life out there , it shouldn't matter if we see it or not.

I don't understand all the drama that comes with the subject ..... like there is 2 sides to the topic or something

God gave us brains and if i had to guesstimate i would say 1 out of 5 folks use them and that may even be generous.

Seriously people need proof

I can see the aliens now
@ us

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We ufoarians knew all along it was a scam, but were curious anyway, and wanted to see what game Blossom Goodchild was playing.At first I thought that perhaps she was paid by the CIA or the U.S. defense department to do this so that new ufoarians would just stop believing in ufos after this incident, and the signature campaign to force disclosure would simply frizzle out. After all, who would bother about credibility if you can live like a queen from the money earned from this scam. But after reading some of the above posts, it may be likely that she is just a crazy woman who hears voices talking to her.
Whatever is the truth, this incident will not deter us from probing further into the ufos / aliens enigma.
In fact I'm investing in a waterproof, fog free Nikon binoculars to help me scan the night skies.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If this was a scam (a hint of doubt due to some of my own conclusions) then I don't think it was for money (seriously, how much could they get?). I think it would be to increase public awareness of the whole "movement".

Really good advertising, how many people saw this? I walk into work yesterday morning and everyone's going on about how "the aliens didn't come". I didn't speak about it to anyone there before "the event".

You have to say, assuming this is a scam, it certainly has encouraged more people to talk about the possibilities, ask questions and share ideas; on not only extra-terrestrials and the Federation of Light but also on existence itself.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Comatose]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In short, no. In a more detailed response, no.

No.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nice thread..
As I am sure anyone that was paying attention that night knows this was already discussed by a few of us that night in the actual thread for this topic.

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I don't know if that would be wise. We don't truly know that something like this GFL does not in fact exist.. it is possible that this whole fiasco was orchestrated as disinfo to ruin the idea of such a groups existence.

While I would mark her forever as a hoax as we have done with PROFIT Yahweh. I don't know that I can write off the idea simply because it was used to defraud people. you know what I am saying? There may be people behind this that intended that from the start.

Originally posted by NephraTari
This may be the closest we come to contact.

In all seriousness though... Try to keep an open mind.. as some of us have said.. it could be that this was a disinfo campaign from the start.
It is possible that this was the desired response. Fake a contact then when something real is supposed to happen no one will believe it.

but who knows.

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by NephraTari

That thought crossed my mind today as well.

What if this individual was 'hired' to create this type of hype and letdown, in essence to make a mockery of it all on a widespread scale, and in further essence to disuade the 'curious' from having any further interest in the subject due to a circus-like atmosphere surrounding this?

Hmm....

As you can see this was our initial contention. It seemed likely that this was a setup from the beginning although whether or not the woman was totally aware of it is not totally for certain.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So, my point of view

You may think I am s**d, childish - whatever you want

Just my opinion on the Blossoms prediction is... it was a test
Test of our emotions, test of our point of view and What To Expect

So, we probably failed the test
or maybe we didn't, and we are here-and-now ready to the experience

I have 1 question - when exactly was published any info about the lowering of the Sun wind ?

sty

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I was among the biggest skeptics with this 14th of October, however this did not alter my believe that allien life existst or visits Earth. Just we should not transform this into the new religion of the milenium ! My personal believe is that the ETs are around , but we are not able to understand them. As a dog cannot understand Einstein , so we cannot understand / percept them yet.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by sty]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

no I think it was a hoax designed to bilk the gullible out of money.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

But, she did NOT MAKE ANY MONEY in this way

So, this is untrue. Should you maybe change your point of view ?
As was under analysis, prediction was given 6 weeks before, no need to buy anything, all materials where free on the sites.

So, what is the point ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join