It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the 14th of october was a plan to make people stop believing in aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't think that blossom was disinfo because of how poorly the whole situation was presented. Our Gov/Military could have done better than "the federation of light."
When it comes to turning people off of the UFO subject, I don't this incident had much impact. Those who assumed she was a hoaxer were already aware of people like her, so nothing has changed for them. Those who were gullible enough to believe her will probably continue to believe simply because gullible people believe anything. (sorry for the redundacy.)

edit - spelling

[edit on 10/15/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I still believe in extra terrestrial life, and intelligence for SURE.

I still believe in my intuition and inner guidance, following my gutt etc.

I just don't think "channelling" is trustworthy.

hearing a voice in your head? Could be broadcast from anywhere! Remeber Gilligans isaland when Gilligan hit his tooth and heard the radio stations?

My inner voice I even have to argue and reason with a bit before drawing conclusions, and NOTHING, absoulty NOTHING should be ever taken as an ABSOLUTE truth, or as "ALL OR NOTHING"

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Does everything really need to be turned into a conspiracy? I know this is a conspiracy forum but sheesh... enough!

Oct 14th was just a scam by a bored housewife in Noosa, Australia that never had a hope of coming true, and thus - didn't! However she did make money on her books and CD's by selling them to the gullible people who had a 'need to believe' - shame on them!

End of story - move on!

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Of course it is possible. Perhaps this is the real PROJECT BLUEBEAM I have been seeing people here on ATS discussing all the time.

I for one, never believed that proven fraud(Goodchild), however I do believe that extraterrestrials exist and that we have been visited, no doubt about it.

My Hypothesis on project bluebeam:

* A massive dis/information, mis/information program to distort the little amount of real information leaked/available.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I'm sure some got disillusioned just like you said.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If that was the plan, then...

Just because a massive ship didn't come down yesterday doesn't change my mind about UFOs.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's possible that either

1. Blossom was just a nut who was hearing things or

2. She misheard or

3. The aliens decided against showing themselves, maybe they weighed the benefits of appearing right before the most important election going on in the world right now and did not want to interfere with it. Perhaps they decided that as an intermediary Blossom's reputation wasn't that important to them. She is just a tool after all.

Whatever the case, I still want to believe...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sadly, the only conspiracy here was to get people to by her $25 book. She is not smart enough to orchastrate a GLOBAL disbelief in aliens. That task would have been left up to CNN. haha.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bad man incorporated

You got it right BMI,

It's fairly simple and straight forward (occam's razor)... but perhaps too simple for some.

"All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

Welcome to ATS bud! I have a feeling you will be making some great contributions here on the board!

IRM

[edit on 15/10/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I still believe in other beings. I myself have had some sighting and even contact(sort of) but I think she was in it for fame and thats what she got. We will never forget oct 14th and goodchild and thats what she wanted.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
We have to stop worrying about "Alien's" that we can't control. We can feed the starving children for today. We can love our fellow life form's we can prove exist like our plants and predator cousin's.
Why do we search for somthing that we belive could fufill us, when true fullfillment is feeding some birds at the park.... True spirtuality is felt when we get back to our nature, and thats what Blossom did. Pure predator there baby. Me? 8 years in the Marines and time in the sandbox has taught me to love everybit of my wonderful experience. 130 degree's was fun. Mabye I'll get lucky and break a limb soon and truly reconnect with my inner spirit

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I believe more in aliens and less in someone who is able to channel a being across the galaxy , I understand a phychic who sees into the future, as a visionary who uses a part of their mind that most are unable to do, it would be nice to believe in a utopian civilization that is in contact with us, and i think what we see in the skies have been here as long as we have, how long do they have to be here, to not be alien.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Anyone watched The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror XVII - Act Three - The Day the Earth Looked Stupid

*whistles*

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Combining "faith" and UFOs is a worrying proposition. There are unknown phenomenon that occurs, but having believing in the existence of UFOs should have nothing to do with faith, it should be based on science.

When faith gets involved it becomes a religion, and we alreay have enough problems with the religions we already have.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I don't think you could have summed up the situation any better- indeed a bored housewife who wanted some attention and make a few quid.

You know, to all those true believers out there, many of you do so much damage to the UFO field yourselves, you don't need the govenerment/NWO/*insert appropriate conspiracy theory here* to redicule the phenomena, you can all manage perfectly well on you're own!

[edit on 16-10-2008 by timelike]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't know what (crackle) you mean here... the ship came,
we got on it... there were lots of us (static) I saw them.
We're just off the left shoulder of Pluto now, it really is just a
lump of asteroid. The windows are very... you mean you didn't get
on the Mothership?
I though all this was (low hum) sorted... I thought they came in peace
to help (whine) mankind?
Here comes a Gray now, I'll ask him, he must be doing some vacuuming
'cos he's gotta hosepipe with him (crackle)

Sorry for the bad reception, we're leavin' the Solar System soon and
(white-noise)...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They're here alright, so it's a question of when they'll reveal themselves to us. But who knows? Maybe never. I don't believe that one person is going to "get" the info from them on when the big event is going to take place..if ever. Seems they've been here for centuries. Observing, studying us. And there's also the fact there've been many times they might have intervened to help mankind, but it didn't happen. Maybe that isn't on their agenda?
There are way too many credible people who've had experiences with E.T's., or their craft. Sure ..everyone is entitled to "their" opinion.
You believe, you don't believe, undecided. However, with all the sightings, videos, pics, I can't easily dismiss what I feel are facts. And yea, there are a lot of hoaxes being reported to further muddy the waters.
So whatever this Blossom believes, or doesn't, has made no impact on me whatsoever.
The truth is out there, just not here....yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I watched her response video to the whole Oct 14 Fiasco and I truly believe that she probably needs to get some help. She was either highly delusional or was having schizophrenic episodes. I don't think she uses any types of drugs, but regardless, I truly believe she honestly believed in what she was saying. I don't think she was trying to perpetrate a fraud, I really do think she thought she was channeling some entity that she believed was speaking for some Galactic Federation and really truly believed in that a ship would appear as she stated.

Judging from her recent video, apologizing for the entire ordeal, I do see her as not only being sincere, but remorseful and regretting it. I also see her as now doubting herself, her abilities, and her entire world view. It really does appear that everything she thought was true has just been shattered.

Was this a disinformation campaign? I don't think so. I do believe it was the rantings of a deluded mind who sincerely believed in what she was saying.

I do wish her a speedy recovery and hope she gets the help she needs.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There does seem to have been an awful lot of strange predictions made here on ATS in the last few weeks which have created an awful lot of hype until, that is, the predicted day comes round and nothing happens! If your looking for a conspiracy in this, and I think you are!) what about if they were playing their Little Boy Who Cried Wolf card? Plant as many ridiculous predictions and doom mongering threads on conspiracy websites so if a real disaster looms on the horizon those who would try and warn us would be ignored and treated as harmless nutters. . .

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Personally I think this is a part of Disclosure project

To make us not-to-believe
and to appear

Time will show. Too soon for any analyses

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join