It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that the 14th of october was a plan to make people stop believing in aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

you mean she didn't generate a helluva lot of traffic on her website? and she didn't sell products on that website? maybe you might want to take some time to reconsider your stance?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

Originally posted by sechmet
... it was a test
Test of our emotions, test of our point of view and What To Expect

So, we probably failed the test
or maybe we didn't, and we are here-and-now ready to the experience

With remarks like that, the charlatans of the future need hardly fear need they?

[edit on 20-10-2008 by timelike]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
In my opinion she is genuine, clear in intensions.

If you will take a look on her last video, you will see - 4000usd was not enough to pay for the books written in last 9 years, and nobody will buy it now.

So, yes - that is scarying for "new mediums"

That next one will have to show a face, give a date, and finally - if nothing will happen, or even if sth will happen, will be no glory

Is it WISE ?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sechmet

and who's word exactly do we have that she made only $4000? ms. goodchild's? surely you jest?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I doubt people put that much faith into some kook anyway to actually hinder any belief in UFO's.

This whole Oct. 14 fiasco hasn't affected my thoughts in anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Who said they didn't show??

"Ship over 2000 miles long" - the Moon is just over 2000 miles in width.

To fully see what they wanted to show they had to choose a date that would allow them to let people see the full ship; Oct 14 was a full moon.

Maybe the reason it wasn't apparent was they are not friendly and are mocking us by giving us a riddle instead of a clear picture.

Ever wonder why there are so many nations focusing on the moon for exploration?

The best place to hide is in plain sight........ welcome to prision planet Earth, and currently we are using too many resources for our overlords. Don't be surprised if todays events are the leaders way of following the orders "If you don't do something about the problem, we will do it for you" from our captors.

Population control is a way to increase production of resources by decreasing the demand for them by it's prisioners. The magic number has been past, and time is running out to meet the demands of our quotas.

Freedom is an illusion, and so is my post.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
i know who have now lost faith in them completely and im wondering have some of you now lost faith in other beings not from this world or is it possible that it was a plan all along.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

Yes. It is possible.

Have you considered a possibility that is exactly how they want you to react?

Have you considered a possibility that the October 14th day's events were to discourage people like us to believe in the existence of extra terrestrial life?

Have you considered a possibility that this could be a part of their (NWO/shadow government/etc) plan?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

In my opinion she is genuine, clear in intensions.

She's clear in intentions allright, to fool the gullable or she might perhaps be genuine in her beliefs and unwell. In either case fuelling it futher will not help! (Although I personally believe she's a fraud at this time)

If you will take a look on her last video, you will see - 4000usd was not enough to pay for the books written in last 9 years, and nobody will buy it now.

Where did you get that figure from hmm? You say nobody will buy her book now, why not? I mean, you're still supporting her claims aren't you?
There are plenty of people on ATS saying she's genuine but was *insert appropriate get out clause* why should they not buy it, or in arguing her case convince other people to continue with it?

So, yes - that is scarying for "new mediums"

They're popping up everywhere, ten a penny! They obviously don't share your doubts...

That next one will have to show a face, give a date, and finally - if nothing will happen, or even if sth will happen, will be no glory

Rather like Goodchild's case herself, only there is plenty of glory; the glory in getting people to listen to you, to believe you. It's worth more than just money.

Is it WISE ?

With all the doom and gloom in the economy (both yours and ours), many religious beliefs striving for equality and the paranoia that pervades human culture, now a good time to start such things.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

i know who have now lost faith in them completely and im wondering have some of you now lost faith in other beings not from this world or is it possible that it was a plan all along.

Lost faith? Since when was it about faith? Surely you've weighed up some evidence which convinces you that (a) ETs exist and (b) they are coming to Earth for some reason? If it wqas all based on faith, then maybe you were asking for disappointment?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by timelike

The ufo/alien theory is all about faith and I feel it is a type of religion to some. Just as it is in God, no proof that either exist. Just a few stories and heresay plus a few vids/pics that show something (doesn't say what) just something. If you look around the net you will hear stories and heresay about experiences with God and also find pic/vids of supposed religious miracles.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

why would they do that..??? nobody believes in them anyhow.. only a very tiny amount... and Im sure there not concerned about them... they usually prove themselves to be a bit nutty anyhow... (usually) ...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
this is all basically what my thread was intended to be about...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

glad to see everyone's chatting about this all over ATS!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
could it be the goverment? trying to make people more ignorant?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Is it possible that the 14th of october was a plan to make people stop believing in aliens?

There are increasing UFO sightings all over the world. Perhaps it's the October 14th failure was NWO's last attempt to cover up the truth - to make us lose our belief in the existence of extra terrestrial life.

My belief even got stronger after the October 14th failure. I will never give up.

As long as the truth is out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand the belief vs non-belief thiing I see going on here. Aliens either are or they ain't, regardless of belief or non-belief.

All the proselytizing in the world will not change the fact or fiction of their being. It comes to my mind that, eventually, believers or non-believers will be proven wrong. Notice I didn't say skeptics... It's my considered opinion that many skeptics want to believe, but the evidence isn't there. And the truly scary thing for me is that people like Lotus Goodbody or whatever her name is can get so many people fired up when there is, in fact, no evidence that anyone like her has ever been correct.

I'd kind of really like to see aliens plant here with reasonable intentions, other than War of the Worlds attitudes, but I'll keep my believer in the box until they show up.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It seems that the very concept of a galactic federation has been confused with something specifically called 'The Galactic Federation of Light', even if there is no obvious connection between the two. I would like to emphasize that the idea of a federation of extraterrestrial civilizations is a perfectly respectable concept, and that the use of the term 'galactic federation' is a valid, logical, natural, and useful generic term to use, when referring to such a concept. Having said that, I would ask: has anyone any substantiation to offer, of the curious, and remarkable rumor currently circulating on the Internet, to the effect that a large and famous church in Garden Grove, California, called the 'Crystal Cathedral' is to be acquired and converted to the headquarters of a galactic federation? I put little credence in this story, but it has shown up in several places on the Internet. It was even claimed to have been among the stories carried by the Associated Press. I have searched the AP website, bot not found such a story. It is conceivable that it appeared there, but was withdrawn. Any solid leads or clarification of this matter would be welcome. Ross

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

www.galacticroundtable.com...

something happening 4 sure....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Every country on Earth right now is dealing with the large Baby Boomer generation entering retirement. There are not enough young bloods to support the huge old people numbers now needing Social support.

Drastic events will be done by all nations to get their populations to NOT realize they are being enslaved to deal with the old people event every country (except China) currently is tackling.

Right now in China men are realizing their poor situation is because there are too many people in China so they blame the kids and when they snap....they go and kill lots of school kids. We could very well see Americans realizing our economic dire situation is because of the 70+ million baby boomers...Hence there would be people going into nursing homes slaughtering away.

We can't have that. Let's float some hot air balloons with LED's around and post some video's online saying it's UFO's.....you know...get the population thinking about something else and not realizing the root cause of their problems....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
windinthewillows; Thanks for the link you shared. The story there speaks of numerous sources for this information, and implies that the story may have originally come from the Associated Press. I have read a statement from someone on another website, claiming that they have seen the story on the AP. Have searched for the AP story repeatedly, but have not, as yet, found it. It would certainly be worthwhile to find the Associated Press article, assuming it actually exists. It seems unlikely that a mainstream news agency like the AP would carry such a story without it having some basis in reality. There is no hint from the church which owns the 'Crystal Cathedral' that they intend to sell it. They seem to be trying to hold onto their current assets, having filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Looking at images of the 'Crystal Cathedral', ones sees a very beautiful, modern-looking building with soaring lines. It does look a bit like a cosmic version of the United Nations general headquarters building in New York City. Garden Grove, California, where the church is located, is in the greater Los Angeles urban area, about 25 miles from downtown L.A.. Being part of one of the larger urbanizations on Earth, it is not a wholly implausible site for an extraterrestrial embassy, or headquarters. Ross

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Belief doesn't imply fact or fiction.

Have your video cameras ready this month.
Bonus points if you own a tripod or have a steady hand.

edit on 2-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join