It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Close-up Images of the Sun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Man these are so cool.......... Thanks

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Awesome pics!

Looks very electrical to me

Thank you for the great pics

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
My god... Its....

The super-devil!

The resemblance is uncanny. Heathens and Sinners beware the super-devil, with his unholy jar of adulterous marmalade. Yea, the marmalade may taste divine on a toasted english muffin, or even a slice of buttered wheat toast, but woe is the man who giveth in to the temptation of preserved citrus fruit, for surely he is a snogger of strumpets, and unfit to walk in god's kingdom.

But I digress... Simply gorgeous pictures, thank you for sharing and peace be among all of these, my brethren.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

lol... 'Thunderbolts of the gods'...lol

Still, we are about, 400,000 miles from the sun and we need an atmosphere/Ozone layer to protect us from it.

But the pics are really amazing, makes one feels insignificant

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
reply to post by adrenochrome

lol... 'Thunderbolts of the gods'...lol

Still, we are about, 400,000 miles from the sun and we need an atmosphere/Ozone layer to protect us from it.

But the pics are really amazing, makes one feels insignificant

Not to be picky but we are 93,000,000 miles from the sun.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If that were not the Sun it would make amazing artwork. Or maybe you can still consider it amazing art even though it is the sun!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Just...WOW. Oustanding images and the information given with each image is staggering. The most amazing to me was the speed at which the solar quakes start and accelerate to. I couldnt imagine anything on the planet living through a quake that topped out at 250,000 mph and tagged M11.1 on the scale.

S&F

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Amazing pics. As an earlier poster said, they make you feel rather insignificant in the grand scheme.

Thanks for a new desktop pic too!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Now THIS is REAL! Awesome images! Thanks for posting them!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes, I got confused with another statistic I read in "who built the moon?"

Sorry about that and thank you for the correction!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow!!! Those are some beautiful pics!!! Makes me want to start painting again!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralLee

Wow... so beautiful. That's all I can really say... going straight to my desk top background. thanks!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
All I can say is, WOW!

I love the animation of the comet having its tail sheared off by the solar wind blast. Just amazing! THANKS!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Truly spectacular! It shows how small our problems are in the grand scheme of things

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Awesome and inspiring pics. All we need to do now is find out how it works and bottle it. Scientists have recently detected a frequency of 100 millihertz coming from the sun. Hopefully someone will crack the secrets of fusion soon.

The ultimate answer to mankind's freedom is free energy. It is what all secret governments fear and that which is part of UFO technology. The main reason why they will never allow disclosure.
Based on personal research, I have good reason to believe UFO fusion technology uses sulfur, deuterium and radio/microwaves.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by nikolat23]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately I don't have anything significant or inspiring to add, but I just had to say thank you for sharing that. Those are totally awesome pictures.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ahhh the big ball of light that is the sun...

Great find these pictures are amazing. It is very satisfying looking at them. How lucky we are that we are 149,600,000 kilometers away from that huge fireball. This pictures while vividly entrancing me have also scared me. The flares coming off the sun resemble the fire exemplary of hell itself.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The first pictures is just absolutely wonderful. Very hypnotic as a matter of fact. Seems to want to draw you right into it if you stare at it for some moments. Only to show people how wonderful our Sun really is and what it does for us here on Earth. Thank you for shareing it with us.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow! I've never seen such detailed images like these before.

Thanks for sharing

Star and flagged.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958

Great pics. Thank you so much for sharing. The sun must be the most awesome thing in the entire universe, yet most of the time, we take it for granted.

The Universe??? Well maybe the Solar System. The pics are truly awesome. Nice find.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join