It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Close-up Images of the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks for such a great find, I have seen a few pictures similar to these but they didn't come close with respect to quality.

Great Job!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Amazing photos,thanks so much

Seeing the Sun at such a close view reminds me of a biological entity,,,living almost.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I suppose when thinking about life and how we got here, this is the answer. Because without this, we, and life as we know it wouldnt exist. Nice pic's!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Is it just me or is there a fiery demon-like humanoid shape at the center of this sunspot?

Now I know it's just a solar anomaly but that is pretty freakin cool looking!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.

Sometimes, it's so difficult to believe this exists, right next door, in our universe. It's mind boggling!

Starred and flagged! Thanks a mil for bringing these to our attention!

Peace,
FK

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.
thank you!!!

the surface looks plasmic!...

that's because it is! for the best explanation, watch "Thunderbolts of the Gods"! ...it explains the real fundamental facts about our solar system & universe, and proves how certain modern "facts" are incorrect!
video.google.com...

...and what beautiful pictures!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
WOW.

The universe is an amazing place and this is further proof.

Just wait until we get this kind of close up on some more of our more distant planets.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
it's.............. ..... .......... beautiful!

cracking find,what absolutly mind numbingly stunning pictures.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Of course we take it for granted. I mean for gods sake, people go about their days not even looking once at the sun. I find it hard that we don't notice something that keeps us alive, and controls the planet we live on. Instead some people give more attention to a dead sun, or planet, that has an orbit through our solar system, and arrives in sight every couple of thousand of years, that might not even exist.

People take a lot of things for granted. But what can we do?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Is it just me or is there a fiery demon-like humanoid shape at the center of this sunspot?

Yeah it looks like he has a pitchfork hahaha
I hope noone takes it seriously -_-'

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the post.
Amazing photos of the sun.

I just feel kind of sorry for the planet Mercury. So close to the sun, it would be hard for any life form to develop there. Of course, we have organism that can live/survive in the heat of a volcano, in the lava, here on earth.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

distance from the sun does NOT determine the temperature of a planet's atmosphere! the atmosphere for each planet simply works like a filtration system, with it's own chemical make-up, filtering the starlight from afar. how is it possible for the heat from the sun to transfer through the dead cold of space?

so basically, Mercury could sustain life just as well as any other planet, depending on what its atmosphere and surface environment is like.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Imagine how thick mercury atmosphere would be for human to survive there.

Anyway, I agree with what you just said, but I thought space was neither cold nor hot.

In any case, our solar system should be really hot, since the sun composes 90 % of it; since space has not atmosphere to filter the heat of the sun, it should be really hot out there, instead of cold.

Did the astronaut have a heating system or a cooling system installed in their suits?

Anyways, these are just things that I think about. Space being cold, or at least, our solar system...what happen to the heat waves from the sun before they get here? because they do get here, don't they? Do they turn cold while traveling all the way here and then turn back hot as they enter our atmosphere?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

Originally posted by InterestedObserver

Yeah it looks like he has a pitchfork hahaha
I hope noone takes it seriously -_-'

I hope the same thing! That guy is busting his butt making those repairs! He should win a nobel peace prize!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Amazing, fills me with awe, makes me feel ever so small in the overall plan of things and makes me realise there are so, so many unanswered questions in this life.

Thankyou

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

space is around -455 Fahrenheit, or 2.725 K.

just above absolute zero. sure the sun's big, but do you know how far away all the planets are from it?

our (mis)leaders have lied to us for quite a while about how space works. watch "Thunderbolts of the Gods"!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Great pics....awe inspiring.

I guess NASA wanted to share too cause their pic of the day is....the sun, nice pic too but not nearly as much detail.

NASA - picture of the day

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks Aggie Man for the stunningly beautiful photos and the amazing web link.

Only a few words can describe the pictures at this link with "spectacular" being one of them.

As we try to find the ends of the universe with ever more powerful telescopes (don't get me wrong, they're some breathtaking views billions of light-years away), we can find ever so beautiful pictures just 8 light-minutes away.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
Of course we take it for granted. I mean for gods sake, people go about their days not even looking once at the sun.

There's a good reason for that.

Anyway, nice pics.
That sunspot looks like a purdy little sunflower.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is a cool animation - I like that idea where class one civilisations are able to harness 100% of the energy from a star by somehow encasing it, bogglement of mind!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join