learn more

Unbelievable Close-up Images of the Sun

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Amazing stuff. Unreal how that constant explosion keeps itself in one place. Thanks!

The heliosphere is actualy shrinking-Oh dear!

"New data has revealed that the heliosphere, the protective shield of energy that surrounds our solar system, has weakened by 25 per cent over the past decade and is now at it lowest level since the space race began 50 years ago.

Scientists are baffled at what could be causing the barrier to shrink in this way and are to launch mission to study the heliosphere."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Beautiful pictures. It is amazing that such an incredible energy source is right down the block from us. Actually, the more I look at them, the more they become a little scary... but still beautiful.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks, for the pictures. Now can we turn these cameras to the glass domes on the moon and the the Face on Mars and help out Richard C Hogland.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Impressive, but like someone pointed out, how do you know these are real? They look computer generated to me. Just like this image below.

A Dangerous Sunrise on Gliese 876d.

apod.nasa.gov... Full size - makes for a nice wallpaper.

www.gatetonowhere.de... Artist's website.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I am only assuming they are "REAL"; however, that is why the title of this thread says Images, not photographs, pictures, etc. I tend to believe that they are "real", as the website that posted them has nothing to gain from them....it's not like they come from some conspiracy theory website. Nonetheless, I only post this for everyone's viewing enjoyment. So......

ENJOY!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Indeed,
In this instance i dont believe that pointing any form of 'modern' camera at the brightest source of light in your solar system, and taking a picture that far zoomed in would produce any results atall,
ever heard of over exposure, just for starters

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
crazy how much the sun dwarfs Mercury, amazing pics

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Great photos!!!! Really beautiful!! Detail is staggering.....so why is it these pics are so clear and detailed when the sun is 90 million miles a way and the moon is only 240 thousand?!!! Astronomically speaking, the moon is sitting on our doorstep.!!! So why all these really fuzzy images of the moon? Well it must be the closer we are to an object the worse our photographic technology becomes. Since we are able to make beautiful pictures of distant galaxies and nebulas , it would make sense that the CLOSER we are the better the pictures would be, right??.... Got a star party to go to tonight, Great people there, knowledgeable, great telescopes,.......moonwize..10/28/08 ...10:28 am

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

it looks like the figure is kindling the fire with a poker. that is very funny!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

I suppose they won't give us images of the moon in that high of detail because we might see glass towers, domes, glass tubes and bridges?!?!?! Or maybe because it will show that the Apollo missions were faked?!?!?!?! Honestly, I dunno why they don't, because we know for certain that they can...and have taken pictures of higher quality. Either that or these sum images, along with all the Hubble images and all the other planetary objects in our solar system are fakes.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Those picture are incredible! I've never seen any pictures like that of the sun before

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join