It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you need a bank?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have no problem with taking a loan and paying it back, although the only loan I have ever taken is a mortgage and I'm a cash girl myself. I prefer to keep my money at home in a safe with my 12 gauge standing by. The only way I use a bank is an emergency credit card which I use to withdraw CASH if needed and collect internet payments and ad revenue I receive for an ecommerce site I own. I was upset to learn my husband's new employer only pays by direct deposit. Not upset about that so much as I was about the lack of choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

what rock did you crawl out from under?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
-banks are the ultimate form of control and manipulation.
-the banking system which is in force in the US today is precisely what the founders of this country were trying to get away from.
-the collection of interst on a loan (usury),I believe is unlawful according to the constitution .
-the money you have,became less valuable when your dumbass politicians bailed out those corrupt bankers,they should have been left to rot without help,like is about to be done to all of you silly sheep.
-Your entire existence,whether you are rich or poor,is nothing but a fabrication to extract wealth from you fraudulently by banks and corporations.
-George has it right,and that is how I live my life too.
-But most of you are not brave enough to go it alone,you need a safety net,but the truth is,there isn't one no matter what you do,because you handed the reins to your life to the banks long ago.
-Just look around you,you have to have a license to do anything at all,and it isn't about safety,it is about skimming money off of the top,LIKE THE MAFIA,to keep them from wrecking your storefront and costing you business,using a very few examples as the justification to make everyone pay for the mistakes of a few stupid,or maybe not so stupid people.
-You dont' own your house,go get the actual deed for it,you cant',you don't have it,it is in the register of deeds at the courthouse,POSSESSION is 9/10ths' of the law,REALLY!!!.
-If it were really your car,you could use it for anything you want as long as you caused no harm to anyone else,per the constitution,but you have to register it before you can use it like some criminal would.
-THE MOST HOPELESSLY ENSLAVED ARE THOSE WHO FALSELY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE FREE.(I don't remember who said,some notable person....)
-You are slaves,and a lot of you will realise it first hand very soon.
Or live in denial as most already do,until it is too late........

[edit on 18-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

when did our government ever tell us this was the patriotic thing to do.

no- americans (and id assume many canadians as well) were suckered in by decades of good living, and materialism.

no one is forced to use credit cards. its all personal liberties and freedom of choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I GUARANTEE I have more money and investments than you do, and have absolutely no problems with it sitting in a bank. If you call that "crawling out from under a rock" then so be it.

Alot more people have their money in a bank than DON'T so seriously are you suggesting I am in the minority?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have no problems with banks as long as they are REGULATED. What the banking industry is up to now a days would literally be a felony in any other REGULATED industry.

Seriously the Mafia is getting jealous with all these legal loan sharks running around.

At least the Mafia gets their money the old fashioned way...from the vatican. Not kidding. the sicilian mob is partially supported by the vatican. why I have no idea.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You are basically addressing people who don't read this forum. I cut up my credit cards long ago, I eat one meal a day, and so forth. You're kind of barking up the wrong tree here. True, you are talking about many many Americans but those Americans don't read this forum. They may not read at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If your going to get a credit card, one is all you need. But one credit card is all you need to damage your credit. And like he said, don't buy things you don't already have the money for. That's especially for a credit card. As a matter of fact, you should have 3 times the amount of what the purchase is, when using a credit card. I buy something every blue moon like socks, tee-shirts or a book. That way I know that I can pay it off quick because I know that I have three times that amount on the side. That type of Discipline came from listening to good people, and learning from years of mistakes, like buying a stereo on credit. Thank the Heavens that I had help and my credit hole wasn't so big that I couldn't get out of.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Well, that is your absolute privilege, yet you may wish to remember that we are living in changing times. Among those changes are events which few have correctly predicted, so it could be the right moment to reassess one's exposure to risk. Banks are probably less vulnerable to collapse than the currency itself. If you feel save with cash, financial instruments or bonds with dollar value, fine. But at least do yourself a favor and consider the off chance that the unexpected may occur. Here's an example:

video.google.com...

Who's telling the truth and who's lying? We've already been able to gauge the honesty of the guys pulling the strings...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Those types of rules aren't even necessary. I have no problem putting a few thousand dollars on a card for items I need right away and paying it off within 1-2 months. It's called credit, it's there for a reason. People have used it sucessfully for a long time.

You don't need 3000.00 in the bank to charge 1000.00.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Those types of rules aren't even necessary. I have no problem putting a few thousand dollars on a card for items I need right away and paying it off within 1-2 months. It's called credit, it's there for a reason. People have used it sucessfully for a long time.

You don't need 3000.00 in the bank to charge 1000.00.

No, but it is the smart thing to do.

I stopped using a bank in 2000.

I opened a WaMu account briefly, then closed it again.

I hate banks, and refuse to open another account for the rest of my life.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join