It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Time FBI Calls Case an 'Honor Killing'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

First Time FBI Calls Case an 'Honor Killing'

www.foxnews.com

The girls' great-aunt, Gail Gartrell, says the girls' Egyptian-born father killed them both because he felt they disgraced the family by dating non-Muslims and acting too Western, and she called the girls' murders an honor killing from the start.

The United Nations estimates that 5,000 women are killed worldwide every year in honor killings — mostly in the Middle East, where many countries still have laws that protect men who murder female relatives
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sorry girls...

You were dating a white boy... You deserve to die...

This is the Religion of Islam...

Heres a story that is just not going to get the National spotlight.
Not a chance.

Here is a practicer of the Religion of peace, and what does he do...
Well, he must protect his familes honor...
His daughters were dating white boys, and acting 'Western"

Because his daughters wouldn't put on a hibjab, because they wouldn't act like dogs, thier father kills them...
Perfectly fine in the Muslim country he comes from... No womens rights in Islam...

Heres the Shmuck, throwback, criminal, loser, who is till wanted by the FBI

So, these young, beautiful, wholesome girls are killed...
Killed because thier father was a Islamic Fundementalist. A throwback to a diffrent era...

So there it is...

Now, im sure im going to have people come on here, and say im not being, 'Multi-cultural' enough.... and that Honor Killings are just part of Islamic culture...

Shove it.

This is what Multiculturalism brings you
This is what Diversity brings
This is what happens when you cuddle up with people that aren't like us
I
This type of Islam is INCOMPATIBLE with Western Culture...
This is just another deressing realization of the fact...

So girls... do you want to be in a world like this?
Where if you don't act like a dog, where if you don't cover yourself in cloth... you get killed...

You want to live like this, where your father chooses everything for your...
What you can wear...
Who you can date...
WHo you can hang with...

These girls, gone, killed by thier throwback father...

Is this the future of America?
Are all cultures Equal?

Does Honor Killings have a place in American Multicultrualism?

Your call...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't understand how a father could ever actually go through with such an act. Sure, your daughters might be doing something you believe is a disgace to your family. You might even disown them, refuse to have anything to do with them.

But to actually murder them. It goes against basic human nature, to protect your offspring at all costs.

It is completely uncomprehendable to those with western or even non-extremist values. Very sad.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.

However, I do not feel that you can paint an entire belief system with the same brush. There are many Muslims who do not believe in "honor killing" for any of the reasons you listed. There are some that do. Either way you can not paint everyone with the same brush.

So what do you purpose? Kill off all the Muslims so this doesn't happen again? Do 2 wrongs make a right?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I do not feel that you can paint an entire belief system with the same brush. There are many Muslims who do not believe in "honor killing" for any of the reasons you listed.

Of course not ALL muslims do this.

But ALL that DO this, are muslims

So what do you purpose? Kill off all the Muslims so this doesn't happen again? Do 2 wrongs make a right?

Of course not.
But shouldn't we mabye try to not let people like this in?
Shouldn't have some conrtol over who comes into this country?

the girls Egyptian-born father killed them both because he felt they disgraced the family by dating non-Muslims and acting too Western

Dating non-muslems in texas...

Who lives in texas, 90%+ european heritage... IE white...

Now, mabye they were dateing buddists... i could be wroung... i can only go off whats offered to me in the reporting.. and, knowing where it is coming from(Major Media) its not the most statisfying conclution of the facts that i would like to see...

But thats just the media for ya

Here in Portugal some cases like that have happened, none of them were Muslim, all were Christians.

Portugal, has had quite an infulence from mulism/arab culture over course of the history of Iberia.

I would like to sea a breakdown of the 5000 women per year who are killed by this.
I can say with almost certainty, that the number of Non-Muslim cases of this are stasticly insignificant. Still tragic as they may be.

Im not saying this against ALL muslins, but more of the people that live in the areas of the world where this is just fine.
Im sure that people in the muslim societies detest the Slut-Idolizing-Society we live in. When they see Britiny Spears and Madona Make out, im sure they want to some terrible things, and if that happen in that society, those girls would be room tempature before the next day.

[edit on 10/14/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"Honour killing" is not something that is part of the Muslim faith, as far as I know, but something that is part of the traditions in areas that are mostly Muslim.

Here in Portugal was not uncomon for something like this to happen in some country regions, and I know a case of a woman that had to leave Brazil not to become a victim of an "honour killing", and lives hiding in fear of being discovered.

And no, TKainZero, they were not killed because they were dating white boys, the colour of the skin has nothing to do with it, in case you do not know it, most Muslims are white, only with a darker shade than north European types, it is very hard to tell the difference (sometimes is not even possible) between a southern European like a Portuguese and a north African or Arabian person.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Of course not ALL muslims do this.

But ALL that DO this, are muslims
No, if you get more information about it you will see that this is a cultural problem, not a religious problem.

Here in Portugal some cases like that have happened, none of them were Muslim, all were Christians.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

you got it right ,I don't think people like this belong in our country, just because this is the first time the FBI has acknowledged this doesn't by any means ,mean it's the first time it's happened , and it is an abomination to kill these beautiful girls ,it is the arrogant wastefulness of an arch fiend. Maybe they are better off if this is the best their hateful backward culture can do

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is what Multiculturalism brings you
This is what Diversity brings
This is what happens when you cuddle up with people that aren't like us

Ummm.... no... this is what murders bring you. It has nothing to do with multiculturalism, diversity or getting friendly with people that aren't like you.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But shouldn't we mabye try to not let people like this in?

You are right, we should try to not let murderers into our country. I'm pretty sure this is already on the books though. Do you know that this person was a murderer before they entered the country?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Of course not ALL muslims do this. But ALL that DO this, are muslims

Not accurate. It may have another label but men of all religions kill women ALL the time. Their daughters, their wives, their mothers. What is abhorrent to me is that it is somehow condoned and understood. India (NOT muslim) is also rife with this kind of practice. Where women are seen as lesser beings, less human, this type of thing will happen.

Also a think of note: Here in the Western world men kill out of honor too. How many fathers have killed their family and themselves because financial Ruin befell them? Too many.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I just want to correct the post from other Portuguese member, because honor killings were very comon in Portugal and all southern Europe countrys like Spain and Italy but never in the form of a father killing is daughter, that is very rare, the honor killings were mostly from husbands who discovered that their wifes were cheating them, those crimes were the most comon homicides in late 19 century and in the begining of 20 century, but the cases of father killing his own daugther are very, very rare, and in those very rare cases , most of them were made by persons of gipsy etny, who live in a diferent sistem (they only suposed to marry people from their etny) even that is changing .

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

It may have another label but men of all religions kill women ALL the time.

Will agree with you there.
Untold millions of American women have voultarly killed thier children.

All of what you say is correct.
Im sure it happens in india too.

Not sure about a western man killing his whole family because of shame...
A couple weeks ago, a big time prominate buiessnes man in the UK threw himself infront of a high speed train...

Mabye in the US, in the Great Depression, people throwing themselves out of buildings...

Mabye theres a crazy lady who drowns here kids a couple times a a year...

but good points

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Sorry girls...

You were dating a white boy... You deserve to die...

This is the Religion of Islam...

Ok no sorry this is not the religion of Islam, this is a small section of Islam. Note i'm an atheist saying this. Not all muslims ascribe to this ancient and misguided code.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Actually not ALL who do this are muslims - hindu's AND sikh's have been involved in plenty of "honour" killings, as have other religions, including middle eastern christians (YES, there are christians in the mid east!)

This is a particularly common practice in parts of India, and by extension, parts of Pakistan, although it occurs in many middle eastern countries.

It's not a religious thing - it's a cultural thing.

They also have the lovely habit of pouring boiling water over a womans face and then divorcing her.

Might help to get some facts right before the anti islam diatribe

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
in the UK something like 90%+ of honor killings are from muslims (mainly from Pakistan/India)

Enjoy your multi culturalism, hope we all feel enriched by this

[edit on 15-10-2008 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Would you care to provide demographic evidence to back up this assertion?

The problem is that so many people equate brown skin with being a muslim, which is patently untrue.

It's also overblown by the racist crowd who seem to get everywhere these days.

Scotland yard say there are 12 honour killings every year in the UK - still far too many - and they are spread amongst different religious, ethnic and cultural groups.

But people always zero in on the muslim ones - wonder why that is

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Would you care to provide demographic evidence to back up this assertion?

will do, read several recent articles on this (in newspapers, not the Mail and Sun before you ask,) so see if I can find any links

The problem is that so many people equate brown skin with being a muslim, which is patently untrue.

some people may do, which is odd, and also odd is people who equate opposing a religion with "racism", quite the quandry

It's also overblown by the racist crowd who seem to get everywhere these days.

a lot of the racists are recent addition to the UK wouldn't you agree, often from the likes of Pakistan

Scotland yard say there are 12 honour killings every year in the UK - still far too many - and they are spread amongst different religious, ethnic and cultural groups.

But people always zero in on the muslim ones - wonder why that is

will endeavour to get some sources, but if it is mainly by Muslims those who get hysterical about this fact seem to have some sort of deep seated issue themselves, I wonder why that is.....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is an example of the evil in the world that comes from religous extremism... not one bit different than the Christian extremists that target and kill abortion doctors and blow up abortion clinics.

Not one bit different. Both are abominations.

You take any philosophy and you will get nut cases that take it too far.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
This is an example of the evil in the world that comes from religous extremism... not one bit different than the Christian extremists that target and kill abortion doctors and blow up abortion clinics.

Not one bit different. Both are abominations.

You take any philosophy and you will get nut cases that take it too far.

This is earth

On earth nothing will ever be perfect

But to make that jump into equating Islam's problems in the 21st centuries with those of the followers of Jesus is just relativism at its worst

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join