It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You have some woman, not the grandmother, which may I remind you is the topic of this thread, saying Obama is from Kenya. It's a far cry from born.

It could mean born, but it's hardly conclusive. You want me to change my vote based off of that? Get some evidence, then come back.

I have no problem with it if you are right, but you have to prove it first. I'm not just going to change my entire way of thinking because some woman in Africa said, "Obama is originally from here".

That means nothing. It doesn't say where he was born, just that he spent his early days there - which is true.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by Alxandro

You have some woman, not the grandmother, which may I remind you is the topic of this thread, saying Obama is from Kenya. It's a far cry from born.

It could mean born, but it's hardly conclusive. You want me to change my vote based off of that? Get some evidence, then come back.

I have no problem with it if you are right, but you have to prove it first. I'm not just going to change my entire way of thinking because some woman in Africa said, "Obama is originally from here".

That means nothing. It doesn't say where he was born, just that he spent his early days there - which is true.

You guys are so full of it...I show you a video, she says "He is originally from Kenya" then you and the other make up your own quotes of what she said, now you are saying you want a quote that says he is "born" from there..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Sublime620

Dude, I don't get you.
First you ask for a source that prooves Obama is from Kenya, then you get and still reject it.
I'm not surprised you make up rules as you go along.

And that is exactly what they are doing..

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A document expert has said that the Hawaii birth cert. is a fake and that they have found the original that was forged for Obama. I believe this is the #1 question that the republicans should have been on since day one, but for some reason they have left it alone. Maybe because Obama is already selected to win and the powers that be won't let some little thing like the Constitution or Law get in the way of their selection.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Let's see. tIJ....what you think after you see Sen. Obama rush to the bedside of his Grandmother....try to 'paint' that as some Political ploy....

After the 'fake' suspension of McCain's campaign, let's see what a REAL person does to stay grounded in Family, and to stay focused on what really matters!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

Look at the title of the thread... I guess I am confused. The original claim is that his grandmother said, "Obama was born is Kenya" (or something close to that, but the important thing was the word born).

No one could find the quote. Still, to this very moment, no one can find Obama's grandmother saying anything close to that.

The closest thing anyone has found is the quote that you just produced. Some woman in Kenya, not his grandmother, saying "Obama is originally from here".

Now dammit, I'm not just going sit here and let you insult my intelligence like I'm too stupid to remember three pages back. Let's examine:

Originally posted by Alxandro
Are you calling Obama's Gramma a liar?
Don't worry dude, I doubt the truth will ever surface.

Originally posted by David9176
Lol..OMG his grandmother must be a republican working for McCain's campaign!!! If this is true...which there is really no proof that there is...are Obama defenders going to attack Obama's grandmother? I can see it now..."She's too old!!! She's senile!!!! She's just 4 more years of Bush!!!!"

She's a MAVERICK!!!!

haha

[edit on 13-10-2008 by David9176]

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You know that isn't an original right?

Either Obama is lying, or his family is lying.

And to date I haven't seen a website listing all of Obama's grandmothers long list of lies.

I have however, seen such a website showing all of Obama's documented lies.

Credibility goes to Granny I'm afraid, unless one can show she's just as much a liar as Obama.

That was the entire argument. Jesus. "OMG it's Obama's grandmother. I think she would know if he was born there or not. Either she is lying or he is... and what reason does she have to lie".

Okay, so we are then left to deal with a quote that is NOT his grandmother and does NOT say he was born there.

Are you beginning to see why some people have trouble believing or even caring about this topic?

Produce some evidence. Then we'll talk. Or, even better, let this court case play out and then no one has to worry about looking like an idiot.

At what point did it become okay to make outrageous claims without even sourcing?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why don't the both of you, Alxandro and Missy, get a camera, take to the streets, and film a few people saying, "Obama is from Kenya." That will be your proof. Bring it here, and we will judge you on it.

Full of it? You bring a video that has been on YouTube since January 28, 2008! Eight months before Berg filed suit against Obama. Do you not think that he has seen that video? Especially now that it has been here on ATS. Do yourselves a favor, tell him about it and see if he cares?

See if that video withstands scrutiny.

Or save your energy and submit to the fact that an unidentified person who says that Obama is from Kenya, is not proof that Obama is from Kenya or was born there. That people in the neighborhood are or were related to the Obama's or Obama's father has nothing to do with the unidentified person in the video. She was not in the house with the grandmother and the others. For all we know she could have been from another village, regardless of what the announcer said. And even if she lived next door to the Obama's, what does that prove? Nothing!

But if you don't like that then dream on that some stranger saying Obama is from Kenya is definitive proof.

I guess it could have been some unidentified person from Brooklyn saying the same thing, and you two would have been convinced.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

would you agree it is a little 'fishy' that someone in kenya would say obama is from there, meanwhile, when asked to go to court to prove american natural born proof, instead of easily showing proof obama starts making legal movemens to delay and deject the court?

i'm not asking what you beleive, i am nuetral myself on this matter, but would ask you to say yes, or no that this current situation is peculiar because of those key points...

and would you agree yes or no that because of these peculiar components judging obamas place of birth nothing more than an opinion of the person asked? (with arguements in kenyan and american birth, it's just waht you beleive?)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I'm not sure. I have not gone one way or the other on this topic yet. Her mastery of the English language is far from perfect (but better than my mastery of her language
). It is impossible to tell whether she meant his was born there or rather spent his early days there and grew up there.

As far as the case, again, I have not decided one way or the other. I'll let the justice system do that. I don't know that Obama has delayed, rather the Judge on this case has not made any decisions yet on Obama's motion to dismiss (I don't think), nor the plaintiff's motion to expedite discovery.

Once the Judge makes those decisions, we'll have our answers.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Let's see. tIJ....what you think after you see Sen. Obama rush to the bedside of his Grandmother....try to 'paint' that as some Political ploy....

After the 'fake' suspension of McCain's campaign, let's see what a REAL person does to stay grounded in Family, and to stay focused on what really matters!!!!

Well, this is off topic, but you brought it up. The fact is that Obama's Grandmother fell, and was RELEASED from the hospital last week.
If she's so gravely ill, then why is she at home?
Here is the quote:

After her hospitalization, Dunham last week returned to the Beretania Street apartment where she raised Obama.

Here is the source:
www.honoluluadvertiser.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Wait a sec, isn't that the same grammie that he threw under the bus?
The same one he referred to as a "typical white person"?

Oh that's right, I forgot it's an election year.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

If you look at the other youtube videos that feature his grandma, you'll notice one thing.
On or before a certain date, it's as if she welcomed visitors to film and interview her.
Then all of a sudden you find another video where her demeanor has completely changed.
In this video she rejects the interviewer and his film crew completely, rudely turns them away.

Even her speaking style changes when compared to her other vids, as if someone got hold of her and told her to stay away from curious film crews. Hmmmm???

Then we get word of Jerome Corsi being detained at the Kenyan airport

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Don't you read?

Read the article that you posted.

Then find the answer to your question.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

i would have to aggree with you, i can see why your arguement in this subject is pretty strong. it is pretty much impossible to make more than just an opinion in this case, what with all the circumstantial ( i guess you could call it ) "evidence" involved. but as for how the system is built to work, it does lean one to assume for the greater good and faith in obama and those supporting him that his documents are real and he was born in america... the only real definitive answer will come from a judge though.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry....even IF you were running a campaign....wouldn't you rush to your grandmother's side, even if it was just a broken hip?

We've seen a 'fake' campaign suspension....let's see how this one goes...

What kind of monster would not be at the side of the person who was instrumental in his development, when she needed him???

Missy, I guess I just don't understand your point-of-view....

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii too, a few years before Obama and my birth certificate states the hospital I was born in, the physician who was in attendance, etc. None of that is listed on this document.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Obama 'admits' Kenyan birth?

Campaign doesn't respond to claims in lawsuit over birth certificate

www.wnd.com...
Posted: October 21, 2008
9:22 pm Eastern
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now Berg cites Rule 36 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, which states that unless the accused party provides written answer or objection to charges within 30 days, the accused legally admits the matter.

Since Obama has only filed motions to dismiss and has not actually answered the charges in the lawsuit, Berg claims, according to Rule 36, Obama has legally admitted he is not a natural-born citizen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This guy is taking it to court. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Either way

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

In Hudson County, no matter when you were born, you have to write to the state and get a new birth certificate issued by them. There is no longer a date involved. It you were born in Hudson Co NJ you are required to get a new birth certificate by the state of NJ before using it as proof of anything.

This happened to my mother, husband, both of his parents, and three people I work with. The oldest one is 70 making him born somewhere around 1938

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ishouldbeworking

Couple things wrong with that article:

1) He has not admitted through Rule that he is guilty simply due to the fact that he has filed for motion to dismiss. If the judge denies his motion, then discover would continue.

That's my understanding of it.

2) Also, the article is a little misleading in saying, "Though Obama has posted an image of a Hawaii birth certificate online, Berg demands that the court verify the original document, which the Obama campaign has not provided."

Obama has done more than just provide a picture online. He has allowed some to view the document and he has posted a picture online.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by ishouldbeworking

Couple things wrong with that article:

1) He has not admitted through Rule that he is guilty simply due to the fact that he has filed for motion to dismiss. If the judge denies his motion, then discover would continue.

That's my understanding of it.

I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that since the first additional filing was for a TRO AND Expedited Discovery, and the ONLY thing the judge did was deny the TRO, that Expedited discovery still held

see: TRO and Expedited discovery request
TRO ONLY Ruling

2) Also, the article is a little misleading in saying, "Though Obama has posted an image of a Hawaii birth certificate online, Berg demands that the court verify the original document, which the Obama campaign has not provided."

Obama has done more than just provide a picture online. He has allowed some to view the document and he has posted a picture online.

The "Original Document" is probably referring to the Vault or Long copy of the Birth certificate, as it is the one demanded in discovery. That has never been produced to date, only the short COLB which is also created after an out of country birth that is registered in the mother's home state.

I know it's a nit-pick issue, but so is the law

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join